Tron Legacy Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I hope the disc will be available not long after X-mas. What do you all who are certainly more experienced with Sideshow than I am think the date would be and price point for the disc?

Given the probable price points on this stuff, I'll have to pass on the Sideshow offerings. I know that they have hinted at a 1:4 horse and rider for LOTR for 2011, and since that will clock in at a similar size/price point, I'll keep saving for that instead. These look great though, and I hope the movie lives up to the hype.

Sideshow, please make a Gem PF. This has 1/4 hotness written all over it.

W_Tron_siren_2_1024x768.jpg

If they made this small it would look like a childs toy. A large piece would be fitting for a high end museum collectible. If they made this a small little thing I wouldnt be interested at all. Im glad they went with the 27". Personally, I still think its a little small. But its better than HT plastic little happy meal toy.

Chris

If they made this small it would look like a childs toy. A large piece would be fitting for a high end museum collectible. If they made this a small little thing I wouldnt be interested at all. Im glad they went with the 27". Personally, I still think its a little small. But its better than HT plastic little happy meal toy.

Chris

:slap
I'm pretty sure Sideshow's will have a LOT of plastic... or are you expecting polystone?... :lol

I honestly think both HT's and SS's bikes will rock! :rock!

Im betting a large portion of it will be polystone yes. Do you think SS will be able to get away with a $1000 price tag for an ALL plastic toy?..................im guessing no.

Chris

Im betting a large portion of it will be polystone yes. Do you think SS will be able to get away with a $1000 price tag for an ALL plastic toy?..................im guessing no.

Chris

Why not?
Polystone gives you the "sense" that you're paying for more as a tangible thing, while in reality the material is the least expensive element in the final price.
You're paying more for R&D, Company Overhead, Licensing fees and Manufacturing than for the actual material... so, your point is moot... ;)

i don't get some people who think just because a collectible is made out of plastic, it's less "premium". who CARES what it's made of, as long as it LOOKS like it accurately represents the actual thing? and in the case of the lightcycle, plastic will naturally give the most sleek, high-gloss, highly-polished finish much better than polystone, which will have to be artificially smoothened and glossed up to get the equivalent effect.

of course, this is all debatable, since we haven't even seen the sideshow lightcycle proto. so they may very well use a combination of polystone and plastic or even acrylic.

Why not?
Polystone gives you the "sense" that you're paying for more as a tangible thing, while in reality the material is the least expensive element in the final price.
You're paying more for R&D, Company Overhead, Licensing fees and Manufacturing than for the actual material... so, your point is moot... ;)

I prefur my collectibles to have some weight to them, I would not pay $1000 for a bike made of plastic. Just a rule of mine.

i don't get some people who think just because a collectible is made out of plastic, it's less "premium". who CARES what it's made of, as long as it LOOKS like it accurately represents the actual thing? and in the case of the lightcycle, plastic will naturally give the most sleek, high-gloss, highly-polished finish much better than polystone, which will have to be artificially smoothened and glossed up to get the equivalent effect.

of course, this is all debatable, since we haven't even seen the sideshow lightcycle proto. so they may very well use a combination of polystone and plastic or even acrylic.

The reason why products cost more than others is usually because of the materials used. A Lamborghini made of carbon fiber is worth twice as much as one made of steel. Thats the differance...

Chris

I prefur my collectibles to have some weight to them, I would not pay $1000 for a bike made of plastic. Just a rule of mine.

I'm pretty sure a plastic 1/6 bike has weight to it...
about 5 lbs. methinks...
I wouldn't pay $1000 for a bike made of plastic... or even polystone either... you can get an actual nice bicycle for that money!! :lol

The reason why products cost more than others is usually because of the materials used. A Lamborghini made of carbon fiber is worth twice as much as one made of steel. Thats the differance...

Chris

:dunno

Why not?

Chris

there's a purely functional reason why lamborghinis use different materials: performance. carbon fibre means less weight, hence more power. it's not more expensive because it LOOKS more expensive.

so by that rationale, it's the same with a statue/collectible. to get the best "performance" out of a material, the makers should use the one that most naturally resembles the real thing. in this case it's to mimic the extremely smooth high-gloss of the lightcycle's skin, which has an almost glass-like quality to it. and polystone wouldn't be the most natural or logical choice here. something like plastic would be. and i kinda like the look of realism in my collectibles.

:)

Back