Temple of Doom Chalice of Kali Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limited to 650 and yes, numbered. On the shipping box, the bottom of the sideshow box, and bottom of the chalice! :)

I just got mine and opened it. I think it looks pretty good. It's not nearly as colorful as it should be. Not enough blood. And the blood on the tongue is smeared in little streaks, very dull. So I'm probably gonna add some blood (paint) to the skull later to spruce it up a bit.

The paint job is.. meh. It's a lot of dull colors. The gold on the chalice looks a little.. dull. As usual. And I've got some paint smear on my little demon guys head right below the jaw on the cup.

But overall, it's a nice weight, and a nice sculpt. In daylight, it looks a little too fake. You can see that the roof of the mouth was not halloweed out or shaped realistically at all (which bugs me) and same for under the tongue part. I would have prefered a two peice thing instead of one solid item. But that is just for the added detail we could have had.

Those are my nitpicks though.

For the price, this thing is awesome. With the right lighting, this is gonna look scary as hell in any collection!

Overall, i'm pretty pleased with it. Just glad sideshow did it at all!

Now if we can just get some nice light up sankara stones...

PLEASE! :)

Ok. Here are two I snapped all artsy fartsy on my iphone. Just for the lighting with the candles and such, and having fun. I'll put up the full light and then with flash pictures in just a bit. They show all the details.

kali2.jpg

kali1.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some with flash. The colors are kinda screwy with my flash, but they are brighter, that is for sure. It is really dark in the house right now, so i had a hard time taking these. Sorry for the quality. Hope it satisfies till everyone else gets theirs up!

IMG_8375.jpg

IMG_8376.jpg

IMG_8378.jpg

IMG_8379.jpg

IMG_8380.jpg

IMG_8381.jpg

IMG_8384.jpg

IMG_8386.jpg

IMG_8388.jpg

IMG_8390.jpg

Half the ones above (darker) had natural light and no flash. These are the rest.

IMG_8407.jpg

IMG_8409.jpg

IMG_8412.jpg

IMG_8413.jpg

IMG_8414.jpg

IMG_8415.jpg

IMG_8416.jpg

IMG_8420.jpg

IMG_8421.jpg

IMG_8422.jpg

Oh yea, the non flash photos look sooo much better. Flash sucks.

Everything looks great except the mouth looks a tad goofy.

Yeah, the flash photos I just wanted to show everyone all the details. It's such a wonderfully textured replica though that shadows automatically make it look 100x better in natural light. It is just SPOOKY! :)

I agree a bit about the mouth. I think they could have taken more time with it. I think Kits have benefited in the past from having several pieces so that it wasn't so hard to paint, and get all that good detail in the mouth area.

Back