Tron Legacy Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
of course, this is all debatable, since we haven't even seen the sideshow lightcycle proto. so they may very well use a combination of polystone and plastic or even acrylic.

Seeing the proto means nothing. It gives you an idea but nowadays with Sideshow is a coin toss. Look at that Avatar AMP suit.

Seeing the proto means nothing. It gives you an idea but nowadays with Sideshow is a coin toss. Look at that Avatar AMP suit.

totally agree. that's why i'm not entirely convinced that the ss version, for all its size and usage of more "premium" materials, would look better than the ht version. their paint apps are seriously unpredictable!

Not sure if anyone else caught this in the video but...........the disc and baton are discussed as a replica "set." Each time the disc was referenced it stated "set" including the description of the stand to hold the "set." I sure hope that the disc will be offered seperately from the baton.....otherwise....BOOM the price just pumped even higher than the 499.99- 599.99 price point I feel the disc will be.

Any thoughts?:gah:

Ugh, I hope the Disc and Baton aren't a set. I only want the Disc.

Greetings - new to this site. Thanks for all the insights regarding the HT and SS Tron light cycle. I'm interested in knowing how many of you display these items, particularly if you place them under clear boxes, etc. If you do, where's a good place to purchase these? I have seen images of the data discs in a floor-lighted box and would love to snag one. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Just watched the vid and if you rewatch they said they went with a bigger scale to fit all the lights and components in.

Personally I have seen the lifesize version (see attached pic) and would have had it away, if I could but, if this sideshow one is affordable and as good as promised I might go for it.
The disc and lightcycle baton would be a nice set but also depends on quality and price.

Are you guys thinking that the light cycle will be released in 2011 and will sell for 1100 or less or will it be more then that

Last edited:
I'm thinking at this point in the year most announcements are going to be held until SDCC. If we don't see or hear anything then I'm going to be a little worried, especially if we hear nothing about Tron: Legacy Hot Toys figures.

This is the first year in the last five I'm not going to be at SDCC. Kind of a bummer, but it seems like people at home find stuff out faster on the web, than the people trying to navigate the chaos of the floor.

So, SDCC had no Tron stuff from Sideshow...
quite a bummer... for some reason I was under the impression they were gonna show stuff during ComicCon...
And I completely forgot to ask any of the SS guys about it...
anybody else did?

Other than the light cycle there's no news, damn. After seeing the sketches I was hoping for a surprise during the Con. Oh well...

Come on sideshow give us some news for the 1/4 light cycle, you best be making this amazing looking collectible ??

Back