Symbiote costume Spider-Man 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, someone please just buy those last five already? :wacky

I was on the fence about this one... then I looked at the picture of the alternate head and saw the way the white spider was cracking on the black outfit... and decided to pass.

- J!

MicroJow said:

I was on the fence about this one... then I looked at the picture of the alternate head and saw the way the white spider was cracking on the black outfit... and decided to pass.

- J!

You can always dab white paint if it's a problem, should probably ask custommikey what to do. I really don't care about any cracks, gives the outfit some character.

MicroJow said:

- J!

It is what it is!
But I think you're going to regret your decision in the future! :banghead

I didn't order one. I almost ordered all the Medicom Marvel pieces, but decided to only stick to Sideshow 12" pieces....for now.

My 12" collection is just getting off the ground, so I am kinda being very picky.

I don't think the cracking is common. I've seen pictures of a number of these in different forums and auctions and the spider is nice and clean. My guess is that particular figure has been moved and handled quiet a bit, hence the problems. I have one on order, but I may end-up ditching it. I'm still not thrilled about the transition from cloth to plastic, it seems to work really well on the comic version, but not as nice for the black symbiote. we'll see what happens once he's in hand.

I think people who based their decision to either cancel their order or not buy this figure just on those promo pics of the spider emblem cracking are going to regret it big time.

nash said:
I think people who based their decision to either cancel their order or not buy this figure just on those promo pics of the spider emblem cracking are going to regret it big time.

I agree Nash.

I have the Medicom Venom and he has absolutely no cracking on his costume and I assume that Spidey's black outfit will be constructed basicly the same as Venom's outfit.

Yup, a few people I know already have theirs from the Japan release and the white emblem has no cracks whatsoever.

Im curious though, have you posed your Venom figure in all types of poses? Some people are afraid to get to pose-happy with their Symbiote in fear that it may cause cracking of the paint. Would you know how sturdy the paint is on your Venom?

nash said:
Yup, a few people I know already have theirs from the Japan release and the white emblem has no cracks whatsoever.

Im curious though, have you posed your Venom figure in all types of poses? Some people are afraid to get to pose-happy with their Symbiote in fear that it may cause cracking of the paint. Would you know how sturdy the paint is on your Venom?

The paint is very sturdy. I haven't "played" with Venom :monkey5 but I do seldom repose all my figures and move them around a bit. I've put Venom in several poses and I've never once been afraid of the paint cracking.

I know this doesnt belong here, but I just got it and I couldnt resist. here's an idea of what's to come in black suit form :D

sm14ah.jpg

I've always preferred the black costume over the original. I snapped this one up just as soon as Sideshow put it up for grabs. Damn, I love Sideshow even more for distributing Medicom figures. God bless'em, each and very one!

Damn cool Weapon X!!!

Are they yours or you found them.

Great job anyways.

Here a group shot.

cl4.jpg

Scarlet,

Thanks these shots are indeed not mine!
Please send me a break down on where to find the jacket, jeans and shirt from your Peter Parker bash.

Awesome group shot. I entitled it, "The Bad Ass Party"!
:naughty

Ben

Last edited:
Back