Symbiote costume Spider-Man 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is that they are selling this as a symbiote Spidey so the whole thing should be one material. Of course, since this is just a toy and not a living liquid entity from another planet I can sort of understand why the hands, feet and the apparently interchangeable head don't match up to the cloth fabric of the body suit.

That said, the webshooting hand thing still bothers me. Spidey did wear a regular black costume (non-symbiote) for a few issues in the McFarlane era of the "Spider-Man" title so this should have been promoted as something like that.

holy cow i totally forgot there was a marvel section. i was like "why is everyone so quiet about the symbiote spidey around here?". hahahha

anyone know what this is about....

"This product is limited by the manufacture, Medicom, whom have not yet released a specific edition size. Of the final edition, Sideshow Collectibles has a limited number to offer to our website collectors."

I thought Medicom set the edition at 1000 worldwide!? whats going on here?

i think ss is tryint the no edition set rather than an es of eg. 50 to prevent peeps who ain't interested buying because of low es

thats good, i'd like a small edition figure for once.

I agree that they have to know a number. It says that Medicom hasn't set the total edition size yet, but Sideshow must know how many they are being sent so they will know when to cut off sales. I mean, what would happen if 1000 of us ordered him right now? The orders would have to be stopped at one point, and I wonder what that magic number is...

me too tom...seems an awful long time to sell out a few hundred figures.

I ordered mine.:D

I don't think this will be fast sell out at all.

Let's face it, these Marvel Medicom figures aren't for everybody. In fact, most 1:6 collectors hate them to begin with so the demand IMO really isn't there. I do think that it'll sell out in a while but if anybody was expecting Spidey to sell like Star Wars, LOTR, or one of the other more popular properties your crazy. :duh

At $125, this figure is a steal. I've seen some import stores having preorders for this figure at $180!!!

This is a very limited figure, it's available in the Asian market only by mail order and only if you already bought the comic Spidey. I hadn't heard 1000, but I'm if that's true I'm sure SSC only has a tiny fraction of that. I'm sure they don't want people seeing "50" and jumping on it just to scalp.

And I'm not saying that's the number...that's just speculation.

Darklord Dave said:
I'm sure they don't want people seeing "50" and jumping on it just to scalp.

If that's the case, then SS deserves a round of applause.

:clap :clap :clap :clap

This way the people who really wanted the figure got it instead of just the scalpers.

Last thing we need is another Grey Hulk fiasco. :monkey3

Do you guys think not very many people know about its exclusivity?

Oh, they know. Is just that they are saving their money for the onslaught of SW 12" figures that just keep on coming. I don't think they see much sense in paying more than double the money for something that could be going towards their SW budget.

Heck, look how long the T2 12" line is taking to sell out. Those things rock harder than these Marvel 12" IMO.

I ordered one.

Once The Movie is released and the Symbiote Spidey is realized as a huge story element, this item will appreciate greatly in value, along with its exclusivity IMO.

I also see it is climbing the SSC pre-order charts fast so maybe its true, at least with Spidey fans.

Could become a rare collectible, we'll see. I wonder how many other toy companies will make their own version though.

Back