Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

It was still a prototype pending approval. Sideshow had signs everywhere

In July it was almost certainly in production, therefore already altered and no longer pending approval.

In July it was almost certainly in production, therefore already altered and no longer pending approval.

If Sideshow is going to go to the effort of posting "Pending Approval" signs on prototypes, then they should notify their customers (via email, sign, etc.) that it has been approved. Otherwise, the "Pending Approval" sign serves no point for the customer. Just my .02

They show the statue in a public event, open pre-orders for the product, and after all that, change the design and the painting of the statue.
If it isn't the final product, why open pre-orders? Why not first get the aproval and then show it to consumers?

Because I feel cheated. If sideshow had shown this thing before I would never made the pre-order.

Got on the wait list for replacement heads! The wait for the perfect rogue continues!

Did you (or anyone) receive any email back after asking them to place you on the waitlist? In other words, have you received any confirming email after your request to be placed on such list?

Last edited:

I work in the toy business and know that "pending approval" or "prototype" disclaimers are a part of the business. (As they are in most consumer product industries.) I also know that these disclaimers will not protect you if the fans feel you have cheated them, such as in this case.
Note that SS typically places these disclaimers on most of their prototypes and do not receive THIS number of complaints when the product is released. Therefore the bottom line is that something went wrong here.

Still, as I mentioned in an earlier post, every company makes mistakes. At least SS is listening to their customers and offering several reasonable options to address their complaints. This, IMO, is a sign of a good company.

Now, lets just wait and see how the replacement heads turn out...

I work in the toy business and know that "pending approval" or "prototype" disclaimers are a part of the business. (As they are in most consumer product industries.) I also know that these disclaimers will not protect you if the fans feel you have cheated them, such as in this case.
Note that SS typically places these disclaimers on most of their prototypes and do not receive THIS number of complaints when the product is released. Therefore the bottom line is that something went wrong here.

Still, as I mentioned in an earlier post, every company makes mistakes. At least SS is listening to their customers and offering several reasonable options to address their complaints. This, IMO, is a sign of a good company.

Now, lets just wait and see how the replacement heads turn out...

Well said. :clap

:goodpost: Remember, what upset us the most was not Disney/Marvel's request to alter Rogue's butt...What we got upset over was SS omitting the 360 and photos of Rogue's behind from the website and not informing consumers of the alterations in the sculpture from the Comic-Con prototype until after the statue had been sold out and shipped..that made consumers feel like they've been lied to and deceived by SS:lecture

MY GOD MAN, enough about the hiney!!!!!!!! if you don't like it, then don't buy the damn thing, simple. I'm sure that everyone that bought her is going to display her with her ass pointing in an forward upward stance, just to show off her ass.:slap

Well if any of you hos get your Rogue head replacements and still aren't happy, be sure to pm Boba Ben.:wave

Rogue's PF's head came ok, but her body has green paint spattered all over the yellow portion.

Do you guys think I should get it changed or refunded?

:goodpost: Remember, what upset us the most was not Disney/Marvel's request to alter Rogue's butt...What we got upset over was SS omitting the 360 and photos of Rogue's behind from the website and not informing consumers of the alterations in the sculpture from the Comic-Con prototype until after the statue had been sold out and shipped..that made consumers feel like they've been lied to and deceived by SS:lecture

I am upset by the change from comic con's display.

Rogue's PF's head came ok, but her body has green paint spattered all over the yellow portion.

Do you guys think I should get it changed or refunded?

I am upset by the change from comic con's display.

I would definatly say yes unless it was your intention to purchase a statue in that condition, ask yourself if you saw it on a store shelf with paint splatter all over it would you spend 350ish dollars on it?

Yeah, you should get it exchanged Crysis. Sideshow has a very helpful customer service department and they'll send you a shipping label to ship it back if you're in the U.S. You should send them an e-mail right away.

If i picked this up off the secondary market and it has paint issues, can i still call up sideshow for replacement heads?

:wave Again, you're missing the point..its not about the alteration to the sculpt, its about SS concealing and failing to disclose the alteration to buyers that is the issue. Deceptive Stunts of this nature like that hurts consumer confidence:monkey4 Telling buyers about the alteration and giving them the opportunity to cancel their order would've saved many collectors the extreme frustration of waiting a year to get their piece, and then having to go through the hassle of returning it :dunno

What, you don't think I can read???:dunno I get the point, not only do I get your point, I get the point the 500 or so other times it's been posted in this thread. AGAIN I get it and I think everyone else gets it also, but to keep having the same damn arguement brought up in a thread over and over again seems silly.

Like I said, if your not happy with how this piece turned out, YES voice your opinion once, maybe twice, then please move on and order or don't order it. Hell support or don't support SSC, but man this thread is getting to a bit embarrassing don't you think??:dunno

This comment isn't directed solely at you, as this has been going on for sometime now with many people participating, I've even voiced my displeasure once I believe, but then I moved on.

Just saying.:monkey3

Last edited:

If i picked this up off the secondary market and it has paint issues, can i still call up sideshow for replacement heads?

you maybe able to. the only thing is that you'll most likely have to pay for the shipping if they can help you out.
call them though as they're very helpful to me when I've boughten items on the secondary market, only to have them arrrive with some damages etc.

Back