Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

I predict eye corrections for the replacements, you HEARD it here first.

Or better painted eyes, how bout that... :D Everything else is going to be the same.

and the photos are still people doing the fish head syndrome with a point and shoot, it's NOT about protecting SSC, it's about knowing what you are looking at whenever this happens with a camera. Same thing happened with HT Alice and they all ran around til their heads bled off, and then FINALLY someone here in the US took a accurate pic.

She's here in collectors hands without the oval shape, dwarf, illusioned sculpt.
scaled.php

Awesome story indeed,loveee the art!!!! Would be a sweet comiquette or PF!

On the the Rogue topic,just emailed them to let them know that my last flex pay is next week and what i should do about receiving it or just wait for the corrections

Awesome story indeed,loveee the art!!!! Would be a sweet comiquette or PF!

On the the Rogue topic,just emailed them to let them know that my last flex pay is next week and what i should do about receiving it or just wait for the corrections

I'd be interested in their response to that as well since we're on the same boat.

Well I finally got a response from SS with the "Partial Refund" or "Waitlist replacement" options. I went with the Waitlist "replacement heads" option. I'd rather get a well painted/accurate head than a $30.00 credit.

Still, the fact that they've answered their customers complaints shows that SS has excellent CS and is probably one of the best collectibles companies out there. Every company makes mistakes...its how they address those mistakes that makes the difference.

:lectureBro, you're missing the point..From behind, she does not even look like the same statue as advertised at Comic-Con. People are not as upset about the alterations as they are upset about Sideshow not notifying customers about the changes in the sculpt until after the statue sold out and shipped:dunno Therefore people are upset about not getting what they thought they paid for! :monkey4

buttcompare.jpg

Being that I used mine as an example, the body, except for the butt crack being filled in, looks the same to me. Maybe other people's bodies are different? All I'm sure of is that mine looks like SSC's photos, except the crack.

As far as what people are upset about, people are upset about more than one issue with this to whatever degree they may be upset, but I wasn't trying to imply what most were upset at because that depends on each person. I was just saying the body still looks good, even with the butt change, which to me appears to be the only body alteration. But even if I have missed some kind of point, I'm on the wait list for heads and once I get them and if they look good, my problem is fixed.

I understand that this thread has been progressing at a very fast rate so you may have missed it, but this has been discussed thoroughly already. It has been confirmed by a few people (myself included) that those elongated pics of her face are due to camera distortion. I personally loaded up the hi-resolution images of the original official pictures, and I then held the head up to the screen and carefully rotated it in my hand to match the angle of the picture exactly. Doing so proves that the sculpt is the same. It truly is only a haphazard paint application that's holding it back.

I think this falls in line with how the head looks bigger than the waist in many pics, including my own. It just doesn't look that way in hand. Again, at least mine doesn't.

I emailed both Mike Tolentino and Sideshow's CS on the 6th with no reply so I called CS on Thursday and they told me to contact returns. I am pretty happy with my EX head, but the regular head is unacceptable.

^That's weird. I emailed international returns on the 7th, replied to me right away telling me to wait for another 5-7 days, and finally received the standard email from Daniel C. yesterday.

Got My response from SS same as everyone else it seems.

I sent this response back:

This would be acceptable.

However can you tell me what the replacement quality will be? In other words are the portraits being repainted differently? Or can I expect the same quality? While I do have issues with the whole statue the MAIN concern is the actual paint job on the face. So my question is: are these being newly painted representing the original prototype? Or will this replacement head(s) be the same artistic quality as the currently shipped ones? Do you have any info on what changes if any are being made to the painting on the face? For example is the same heavy eye shadow going to be on this new batch as well?

Thank you very much

That's how I'd feel about things too. It truly is a shame to wait almost a year for a statue to ship and then be let down like that. Here's hoping the returns show marked improvements.

That's how I'd feel about things too. It truly is a shame to wait almost a year for a statue to ship and then be let down like that. Here's hoping the returns show marked improvements.

Agreed! I decided to go with the waitlist option on mine. If the same paint team was being used again I would likely be tempted to just take the credit.

What strikes me with these photos is all the people defending SSC's and criticizing those customers taking close up photos. The SSC's photo is closeup and they always do closeups and you should be able to for the quality SSC's touts. So looking at a fan closeup (even with flash photography) and then SSC's you can still see the face is not the same width.

:goodpost:That's what I thought..She's just not very aesthetically pleasing and the proportions are so off that I don't believe its just an "optical illusion" as some people suggest..the photos taken by collectors is at the same distance and angle as Sideshow's pics. :dunno

Guys, the weird looking proportions ARE because of the way the people are taking the photos. Sideshow doesn't take photos a few inches from the statue with a point and click camera with the flash on. I took the photo below from a few feet away. The closer you get to a piece to take the picture, the more distorted the image is going to become and using a flash makes it that much worse by washing out whatever sculptural details might be there.

As you can see, I took this shot from the same angle as the Sideshow image you keep comparing. I think the portrait is pretty much dead on. The factory did make the neck too long though.

Rogueface.jpg

As for the 'tight ass' look on the pants, it's already been explained that Marvel is taking a tighter stance to the sexuality of these statues. For further proof, you can go and check out the Bowen Goblin Queen statue. Tim Miller, the sculptor, states that Marvel requested that he cover the exposed boobs, even though the costume has always been drawn with the bottom half exposed. Sad, but true.

The only thing really wrong with the Rogue is the piss-poor paint work, and Sideshow is working to replace the portraits.

:goodpost: Remember, what upset us the most was not Disney/Marvel's request to alter Rogue's butt...What we got upset over was SS omitting the 360 and photos of Rogue's behind from the website and not informing consumers of the alterations in the sculpture from the Comic-Con prototype until after the statue had been sold out and shipped..that made consumers feel like they've been lied to and deceived by SS:lecture

To be fair the comic con statues do say "pending approval"

:lectureThat's not the point..Collectors thought they were buying the same statue they saw at Comic Con because SS carefully hid the alterations from consumers by omitting the usual 360 and back shots from the website and not advising buyers and allowing them the chance to cancel their purchase:monkey4

It was still a prototype pending approval. Sideshow had signs everywhere

Back