Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

I like the EX head compared to others csi.

I still dont like how shes just like looking straight up on these. I dont know if its the eyes, the cast or the fact the the head isnt fitting at the right angle but she is like inspecting an air vent right above her on the EX head. It didnt look that way on proto. The paint on that one looks better than some of the others though. You have a lazy eye on the normal head and I dont care for the other parts on it either.

Also holy crap on the 1500 pieces edition..... Glad I got rid of the EX and waiting now......

I got mine today. I am pretty happy with it, definitely better then other's I have seen.

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

Same here. Mine look like yours Thomas. My only real complaint is the EX head is staring up. Looks silly next to Gambit IMO.

Can you take a pic without the flash, flash is going to kill even a good paint app? If a non flash crispy clear pic can be taken then that's more of what we are going to see in hand.

Yea sure. I don't have good lighting and my camera isn't all great so here's the best I got.

DSCN1739.jpg

DSCN1740.jpg

DSCN1732.jpg

DSCN1743.jpg

Yea the reg head is still really something all right, she's looking elsewhere, :thud: Such a shame.

On the Ex head, not too bad but I don't understand the different shade of green on the bandanna.

ok just got home from work and took a much closer look at her now.

Ex head doesn't go flush into the neck, there is a gap at the V part.

Also if you notice under her feet they put padding there for the base, such a tiny detail to protect the base and yet they painted the faces like trash.

Yea the reg head is still really something all right, she's looking elsewhere, :thud: Such a shame.

On the Ex head, not too bad but I don't understand the different shade of green on the bandanna.

possibly the end portion is some type of repainted plastic/rubber or wahtever material it is.

the part that goes across the head looks to be water based paint or something not enough layers.

And even on the heads that have semi-decent eye direction, they all still have HORRID magic marker "eye shadow" and sloppy lips.

Just terrible all around.

Have yet to see one fully acceptable paint app.

And even on the heads that have semi-decent eye direction, they all still have HORRID magic marker "eye shadow" and sloppy lips.

Just terrible all around.

Have yet to see one fully acceptable paint app.

ok just got home from work and took a much closer look at her now.

Ex head doesn't go flush into the neck, there is a gap at the V part.

Also if you notice under her feet they put padding there for the base, such a tiny detail to protect the base and yet they painted the faces like trash.
You have the power to make her looks perfect. I saw many of your works, if you can't do it, no one can.

Here is #598.

XIMG_4115.jpg

XIMG_4113.jpg

XIMG_4112.jpg

Not as bad as some others here. The black eyeliner and eyeshadow are what they are--the inevitable result of cheap Chinese factory labor. I won't drive myself crazy expecting expertly airbrushed pieces at this price point. These are at the end of the day mass-produced toys for nerds, not art pieces.

I will say, Rogue is right in line with Cyclops, Wolverine, and even Gambit. They're comic book portraits. Some exaggeration (and tolerance for slop) is called for. That said, I haven't crawled through the prior 500 pages so I'm not sure if it's been brought up, but the sculpting on these pieces are really awful. The wandering/walleye is bad on lots of the regular heads because the eyeballs are not symmetrical (similar to Cyclops actually). The left side of the left eye falls away much more steeply than the right. So, couple that with cheap Chinese factory labor, and you are going to get okay at best results, at worst... well, I think we've seen a few of those already.

Here is #598.

XIMG_4115.jpg

XIMG_4113.jpg

XIMG_4112.jpg

Not as bad as some others here. The black eyeliner and eyeshadow are what they are--the inevitable result of cheap Chinese factory labor. I won't drive myself crazy expecting expertly airbrushed pieces at this price point. These are at the end of the day mass-produced toys for nerds, not art pieces.

I will say, Rogue is right in line with Cyclops, Wolverine, and even Gambit. They're comic book portraits. Some exaggeration (and tolerance for slop) is called for. That said, I haven't crawled through the prior 500 pages so I'm not sure if it's been brought up, but the sculpting on these pieces are really awful. The wandering/walleye is bad on lots of the regular heads because the eyeballs are not symmetrical (similar to Cyclops actually). The left side of the left eye falls away much more steeply than the right. So, couple that with cheap Chinese factory labor, and you are going to get okay at best results, at worst... well, I think we've seen a few of those already.

Your Rogue actually looks beautiful..its the reg head that looks horrendous :)

Here is #598.

XIMG_4115.jpg

XIMG_4113.jpg

XIMG_4112.jpg

yours came out pretty good actually. Congrats :clap

So I guess it's literally a crap shoot with this piece ; )
If you're one of the few with a nicely painted face; you've got yourself a nicely sculpted PF. Not the caliber of quality I'd expect from Sideshow though, they'd better get their _____ together awful quick...or else.:lecture

Here are pics of my Rogue PF. I am including some of the Sideshow prototype shots that I tried to match as best I could with my camera skills. Let's start with the EX head...

Sideshow Prototype She is looking up and to her left.
roguePF_01.jpg

Mister Ski's Rogue (I like saying that) She is looking straight up - especially her right eye.
IMG_0896.jpg

The closer we get, the more pronounced the effect.
Sideshow Prototype
roguePF_03.jpg

Mister Ski's Rogue (note - eyebrows are different, shape of her lips is different, they added dark green trim to her collar and all around her chest and abdominal area, sloppy painting of the "X")
IMG_0894.jpg

Extreme closeup - although I think I have gotten one of the "better" ones, her lipstick and eye shadow are smeared.
IMG_0895.jpg

Now on to the REG head...

Sideshow's prototype - Both eyes looking sideways to her left, not up at all.
roguePF_05.jpg

Mister Ski's Rogue - Both eyes looking up and to her left.
IMG_0897.jpg

Closer shots

Sideshow prototype
roguePF_08.jpg

Mister Ski's Rogue (note: looks like they straightened one of her white strands of hair on her left - used to be curled, who doesn't love the Joker style lipstick)
IMG_0899.jpg

Extreme close up (Dear Lord in heaven, they turned Rogue into a black eyed Goth chick with blood red smeared lipstick)
IMG_0900.jpg

After hoping for the best and preparing for the worst, she clearly falls somewhere in between. Sideshow has a big problem on their hands, unless we let them off the hook. Time to contact customer service...

You have the power to make her looks perfect. I saw many of your works, if you can't do it, no one can.

thanks man, but i didn't want to drop $300 only to redo the item to make it look like the prototype.

GUess we see what sideshow does with my call in when they get back to me, then go from there. :(

thanks man, but i didn't want to drop $300 only to redo the item to make it look like the prototype.

GUess we see what sideshow does with my call in when they get back to me, then go from there. :(
Good luck. What ever the outcome, you get out of SS, i know yours Rogue will be one of the best one out there. If you decide to fix her up.

Back