Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

... She literally just arrived.

about to open the box....

Let us see the bad news that we already know you're going to get when you bust open the box.

You probably should have already pre-written out a letter to Sideshow just leaving the blanks for your picture to tell the rest of the story.

Let us see the bad news that we already know you're going to get when you bust open the box.

You probably should have already pre-written out a letter to Sideshow just leaving the blanks for your picture to tell the rest of the story.

I honestly hope he breaks this trend.

I did.

First impressions before taking pics.

Shipping box/product box: looks like it was damaged en route. Nothing major though

Regular head has usual heavy eye liner, but the eyes themselves look more or less all right. The eye liner on the ex head's left eye: total fubar

Paint is a smidge sloppy throughout, but isn't bad at all unless you're 3 inches away from it.

I'm going to take a few pics to see how they come out before decided what to do. Almost definitely going to ask for a replacement Ex head, and I'll try to get a new product box while I'm at it.

No, but that's why I'm so damn torn on this one here. Any other time I'm quick to return or exchange. Considering that my returns to them don't take that long and usually the problem isn't this bad, with a quality replacement being available Believe I'm having that fight between myself in doing what's right (returning for refund) or she's you favorite female character of all time and not just X-Men. I'm already doing this exchange but I have little faith that the exchange is going to be any better than the original one I received. Who knows how I'm going to feel by the time the replacement gets here and by the time my turn comes for her to be customized. ..:dunno

Confused, lost collector here folks...:panic:

Return it. Heres why:
If tons of people return it it will tank in value anyway. you can get one later cheaper and work on it.
The regular might look better later. Then what? They are now worth more than the EX?
If more people return them the more likely we are to get something done about it.

Upon a second glance I am not happy with the eyes of the regular head. One eye is definitely facing off.
Instead of my first thought to send a replacement request immediately I decided to wait until tomorrow. I have to got to bed and be up by 9:30pm EST to go to work. I'm done depriving myself of sleep for the day. I'll deal with it tomorrow. It just doesn't seem as pressing as I had thought it would seem.

rogue01.jpg

rogue02.jpg

rogue03.jpg

rogue04.jpg

:horror Even a chameleon would find it hard to move an eye that much.:(
How long are SS going to let these dodgy eyes through their QC.Its been going on for far too long and they don`t seem to be doing much about it.

I'm just finding it so hard to just totally give up on her because she is by far my favorite heroines in the Marvel universe PERIOD! That's a lot of the reason that I just want to have her repainted on my own.

I'm just so torn on this one here...

I was there Sunday afternoon, almost convinced myself to have it repainted, then I came to my senses :lol

And as bad as I want to send it back to Sideshow and tell them to suck a fat one, I am choosing to send it to a friend for retail and keep the rewards points from Sideshow.

He gets the statue and I get my money back, plus the rewards points. Not the ideal situation, but its the best I could come to terms with and be happy.

Thanks for the headache Sideshow :pfft:

One last note before I forget / go to bed.

Close up shots of either head are no good at all. There is a lens distortion thing going on, but on top of that; if you don't get the angle just right then it won't look like the official pics.

I thought that my regular head looked elongated even in-hand. However, when I loaded up the hi-res pics and rotated the head in my hand to the exact angle of the pic then the sculpt looked nearly dead on. It really is just a horrible paint app on these things which is holding it back. Terrible...

One last note before I forget / go to bed.

Close up shots of either head are no good at all. There is a lens distortion thing going on, but on top of that; if you don't get the angle just right then it won't look like the official pics.

I thought that my regular head looked elongated even in-hand. However, when I loaded up the hi-res pics and rotated the head in my hand to the exact angle of the pic then the sculpt looked nearly dead on. It really is just a horrible paint app on these things which is holding it back. Terrible...

Thanks for this. I think this helps people out a lot. Anyone else care to chime in on this one to confirm the sculpt looks better in person???

I can't believe how bad the eyes are on some of these. Hope you all get it sorted easily enough :)

Man, I really feel for you guys. I totally anticipated feeling pissed off I missed out on this piece. It seriously looks like SSC's dropped the ball on a large amount of the ES. I wonder at what point they'll own up to it...25%? 35%? 50%+?

I was there Sunday afternoon, almost convinced myself to have it repainted, then I came to my senses :lol

And as bad as I want to send it back to Sideshow and tell them to suck a fat one, I am choosing to send it to a friend for retail and keep the rewards points from Sideshow.

He gets the statue and I get my money back, plus the rewards points. Not the ideal situation, but its the best I could come to terms with and be happy.

Thanks for the headache Sideshow :pfft:

I was there as well actually. I think its just the hype of getting something this anticipated kind of tricks you. Like you still think its somehow that item you were expecting or wanted it to be. So you talk yourself into it.

The bottom line is this. To anyone talking themselves into it or on the fence:

If this was new in the store. And you were looking at it. And you hadnt pre ordered it and we hadnt all crowned it before it came out and expected it to be 600$ before the year was over....

If none of that was part of it.

Would you by this piece new right now for $300 and change? If you can honestly say yes then more power to ya. But ask yourself that question.

Back