Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

Geesh, they just can't get the eye (positioning) right on the regular head. :slap

I think we expect too much from those poor Chinese factory workers earning 2$ a day..maybe Sideshow should consider handing out raises? You think that would boost moral and work ethic?

IMG_0894.jpg

Mister Ski that's actually one of the most gorgeous Rogues I've seen!

I think we expect too much from those poor Chinese factory workers earning 2$ a day..maybe Sideshow should consider handing out raises? You think that would boost moral and work ethic?

i dont blame the workers who did them...i blame sideshow for not dishing out to let them paint one at a time! i bet they have one person painting 5 at a time to cut costs. i _____ed like crazy for how gentle giant screwed over customers on the suckerpunch statues, but at least those statues are painted FLAWLESSLY. im not sure which is worse...

:monkey1 $2 a day huh? Average monthly wage is aprox $190 USD in China which is about $6 a day. If they actually work in Hong Kong, the average worker makes $28USD an hour.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_in_China_(PRC)[/QUOTE

Oh woooow excuse me they get 6$/day rather than 2$/day..(doing 12 to 16 hour shifts with no break and no holidays)..that's such a huuuuuge difference wow..is that before taxes? Now they'll be able to afford that Mercedes and a luxury Villa by the ocean :pfft: Seriously...

i dont blame the workers who did them...i blame sideshow for not dishing out to let them paint one at a time! i bet they have one person painting 5 at a time to cut costs. i _____ed like crazy for how gentle giant screwed over customers on the suckerpunch statues, but at least those statues are painted FLAWLESSLY. im not sure which is worse...

Haven't heard about the suckerpunch statue debacle care to fill me in?

yours came out pretty good actually. Congrats :clap

I agree! Looks like mine! She just needs a little touch up and shes good. I guess taking pictures close up with flash doesnt help make her look any better. Still dont know why everyone doesnt turn off the flash on their camera? :dunno

Oh woooow excuse me they get 6$/day rather than 2$/day..(doing 12 to 16 hour shifts with no break and no holidays)..that's such a huuuuuge difference wow..is that before taxes? Now they'll be able to afford that Mercedes and a luxury Villa by the ocean :pfft: Seriously...

Well they do have a national holiday which for 15 days, nobody works. :nana:

Haven't heard about the suckerpunch statue debacle care to fill me in?

I'm not gonna discuss it in depth cuz this isnt the right place but long story short, gentle giant screwed a bunch of people who had preordered the suckerpunch baby doll statue. i was able to get one but i was pissed for a while. in any case, despite the crazy BS i had to go through to get baby doll, the statue itself is amazing...great sculpt, great paint aps. so, i was thinking whats worse:

A) going through a TON of BS and getting a perfect statue...or...
B) getting an order easily and them getting an imperfect statue?

I'm guessing A is the obvious choice IF you get ur hands on the statue but those who still didnt get one may feel differently. having both the baby doll statue and the rogue PF, i'm gonna go with A...love baby doll, rogue is meh.

I'm not gonna discuss it in depth cuz this isnt the right place but long story short, gentle giant screwed a bunch of people who had preordered the suckerpunch baby doll statue. i was able to get one but i was pissed for a while. in any case, despite the crazy BS i had to go through to get baby doll, the statue itself is amazing...great sculpt, great paint aps. so, i was thinking whats worse:

A) going through a TON of BS and getting a perfect statue...or...
B) getting an order easily and them getting an imperfect statue?

I'm guessing A is the obvious choice IF you get ur hands on the statue but those who still didnt get one may feel differently. having both the baby doll statue and the rogue PF, i'm gonna go with A...love baby doll, rogue is meh.

maybe Gentle Giant picked off the factory SS used in the past. Those sucker punch girls are looking good.

Anyone get any feedback from SS yet. Im keeping mine no matter what because its Rogue, my favorite X Girl but I will call them tomorrow for options.

Looks like SSC finally responded,

dont know how much good it does "the few of us that have this problem"...

---
Sideshow Collectibles
We have seen a few collector reports on the web that some of the Rogue figures have arrived with some paint issues. We have opened some of the Rogue figures at Sideshow to inspect the paint and have found that a few of the reported concerns are due to the hand painted, custom nature of each piece. Please know that Sideshow has a generous returns / exchange policy for all of our items. If you feel that you may have a paint or detailing issue with your figure, please snap a photo and send it to our returns department so that they can assist you further! We will be updating our Rogue gallery shortly so that collectors can see pictures of a Rogue production piece!

---

Isnt that like false advertising? The NRD should be abolished if they have the right to just change what they think is acceptable to ship to consumers even though it wasnt advertised.

well looks like most of you guys were right, they will simply recycle their crappy inventory for marginally less crappy replacements.

FU SSC. No more NRD preordering for me.

Last edited:

well looks like most of you guys were right, they will simply be recycling their crappy inventory for marginally less crappy replacements.

FU SSC. No more NRD preordering for me.

SS knows there are a ton of collectors that will gobble up anything they throw at them no matter how bad the quality..This is why the price is going up and quality going down..there are people right now purchasing the Rogue PF at over 700$ on ebay :monkey1

i can see why, just look at the comments here. most people it seems are willing to bend over for SSC.

This changes my priority list, no need to collect every single X-MEN PF.. what a joke.

Looks like SSC finally responded,

dont know how much good it does "the few of us that have this problem"...

---
Sideshow Collectibles
We have seen a few collector reports on the web that some of the Rogue figures have arrived with some paint issues. We have opened some of the Rogue figures at Sideshow to inspect the paint and have found that a few of the reported concerns are due to the hand painted, custom nature of each piece. Please know that Sideshow has a generous returns / exchange policy for all of our items. If you feel that you may have a paint or detailing issue with your figure, please snap a photo and send it to our returns department so that they can assist you further! We will be updating our Rogue gallery shortly so that collectors can see pictures of a Rogue production piece!

---

Isnt that like false advertising? The NRD should be abolished if they have the right to just change what they think is acceptable to ship to consumers even though it wasnt advertised.

I just saw that too, interesting response. First time I have ever seen them say they actually opend in stock boxes. I do agree that I dont like the whole "production piece statement"

Sideshow Collectibles

:slap
So essentially they will do nothing to correct the problem, that everything is 'as intended'..
Quit trying to downplay the issue and admit you have a problem Sideshow!
EPIC FAIL SS!

kind of a blessing that they cancelled my friends Rogue EX WL...

now he doesnt have to buy anymore statues from SSC.

good riddance.

Back