SS Arthas WOW Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now for anyone to see, my unboxing video of Arthas. Hope you enjoy :)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl5OHZkZLEg[/ame]

i'd get kerrigan over any of the WoW characters anyday.

that being said arthas looks awesome! wish i had the funds to get him

Actually, while the piece is aesthetically pleasing I really don't know how much I can like it.

It is because ALL of his armor is made of cheap plastic. It's even weaker and cheaper than PVC. His sword is plastic and is helm is so cheap and light it probably cost a nickle to produce. The only part of his body that is polystone is his basic body under the armor. His FACE!!! is also a cheap plastic. WTF!? The ice is hardened plastic, at least it's not flimsy, but the main base is polystone.

I'm not going to say I dislike this piece. I really don't know what to think yet, now that I noticed this. His cape doesn't connect. And this statue was delayed 1 YEAR!

This should have been all polystone with a metal sword, or damn, at least polystone. And a cheaper plastic than PVC face? Not acceptable and I am usually fine with every SideShow statue. No complaints from me about Obi-wan. I don't even know if you consider this a statue. Should be classified as mixed media - polystone and plastic.

Last edited:
Actually, while the piece is aesthetically pleasing I really don't know how much I can like it.

It is because ALL of his armor is made of cheap plastic. It's even weaker and cheaper than PVC. His sword is plastic and is helm is so cheap and light it probably cost a nickle to produce. The only part of his body that is polystone is his basic body under the armor. His FACE!!! is also a cheap plastic. WTF!? The ice is hardened plastic, at least it's not flimsy, but the main base is polystone.

I'm not going to say I dislike this piece. I really don't know what to think yet, now that I noticed this. His cape doesn't connect. And this statue was delayed 1 YEAR!

This should have been all polystone with a metal sword, or damn, at least polystone. And a cheaper plastic than PVC face? Not acceptable and I am usually fine with every SideShow statue. No complaints from me about Obi-wan. I don't even know if you consider this a statue. Should be classified as mixed media - polystone and plastic.

I'll just ignore all that.

PVC, plastic, polystone, *****, etc...don't really care, what i'm looking is just beautiful and that's enough.

Just got my pre-charge notice.

Anyone else in Canada who got charged $38 for shipping. What happened to the subsidized $25rate :lol This must be one large box, even larger than Rhino.

got mine today very happy with how he turned out but i can't get the lights to work it looks like the foot is all the way in the peg but it was pretty hard to get it in there

well lame after about an hour of trying to get it to work i had no luck guess i will have to call sideshow

Just making sure but, did you try changing the batteries? Mine didn't light up either and it just turned out I got bad batteries with it.

Got my statue, and would love to enjoy it with all of you, but I can't get Arthas to go into the base. It's not even close. His cape hits that broken off shard of ice on the left side of the statue before the peg even hits the hole. Long time to wait for such epic disappointment. :(

Fark! I can't believe this. Well over a year wait. They had plenty of time to get this right. The cape not reaching the shoulder plate does bug me a lot. However, not even being able to put him in the base is infuriating. I'm having the same problem as you Avenger. The cape & ice shard hit before he can be put in the base. I'm even more frustrated with this piece than I was with the DD Com. Eventually I got DD in his base. However, Arthas is a much simpler piece to connect. It just isn't happening. I would have to damage the cape and ice shard to even get close to connecting him to the base. I got so frustrated, I even asked the wife for an assist. She can't get him on the base either.

I'm done. While this is a visually stunning piece, I don't care enough about this character to ship this back and wait for a replacement. I'll just take a refund or shift the money to something I have on PO already.

Congrats to all of you that got a good piece. The pics are amazing and I can say it is a visually stunning piece after seeing it in hand. For me, it just wasn't meant to be.

Just making sure but, did you try changing the batteries? Mine didn't light up either and it just turned out I got bad batteries with it.

yeah i have tried like 3 different pairs of batteries in hopes it would work but to no avail

Got impatient waiting for BBTS to stock these so I bought a brand new one on eBay for a good price. A very low number too (#189). Can't wait... This has easily been my most anticipated piece in a very long time and will look great with the epic weapons frostmourne. Now I might need to unload some others to make space ;)

yeah its definitely in as far as i can get him but his cape does rub against the ice so its kind of sketchy

It's ridiculous that they designed him that way. I can't even get him on the base without damaging the cape or base. All they had to do was give it a little more clearance and it wouldn't have even been an issue.

Congrats hope it arrives safely

Same, but the good thing about eBay as a buyer (not a seller) is I'm 100% protected so if its broken or whatnot I can get a full refund. Lets hope it doesn't come to that though lol.

And as far as plastic and PVC being used in the statue, honestly who gives a Shhhhhh? Do people realize this weighs slightly more than a 25-26" 1/4 scale Hulk Maquette? Of course it would be nice if it was 100% polystone but there are a million fragile, spikey and breakable parts on it. I'm more than happy to sacrifice some solidity for durability. Plus, in the end, when a statue looks like this does it even matter? Look at the DETAIL!

Also, I don't understand the delays with this statue? 4 weeks from ordering? People are getting statue # 2000+ so they must have made that many at least...so maybe this is selling a lot better than we think. Remember, Arthas is easily Blizzards most popular character...

Back