SS Arthas WOW Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I knew how to sculpt and paint correctly I would have virtually no problems with my statues. :(
Ow! You just need black Miliput, one toothpick, warming fan, black and white acrylic paints, matt varnish, one brush and straight hands. I'm pretty sure that it's possible to sculpt it within 30 minutes. But why we should do it after paying this pile of money? That's one good question...

A fantastic statue, if your sitting there thinking about it, go for it. Well packaged too. Good to see the Blizzad statues turning out so nicely.

I'm gonna sculpt this part of the coat by myself with Milliput and paint it with some acrylic paints, lol. It's really easy to do. I don't know WHY I should do it by myself, but I'll definitely will. Wish all the troubles with figures and statues were so easy to fix... :lecture

I see if you order is now you have to wait 4 weeks for it. Is it possible they are going to fix this coat problem? I already have mine and that is the only complaint I have with it.

Or how about cutting that part of the cape off making it not look like it hangs so far down his arm. Kinda like this edit. Or shaving it off more...

arthas2.jpg

WOW !! UNREAL !!

Can anyone look at theirs real quick for me, and see if this area is left black on their shoulder pad?

I think this is normal actually (even if not intended from the prototype), and I thought I'd ask before trying to "fix" it.

arthasu.jpg

Last edited:
This is one of the most amazing statues ever. what a shame the edition size was so high, this could have been a bonafide GRAIL. maybe it still will be...

This is one of the most amazing statues ever. what a shame the edition size was so high, this could have been a bonafide GRAIL. maybe it still will be...

Still a grail no matter what..... well except for that cape part sadly.

Anyone else still waiting on theirs? I Pre-Ordered mine on March 31st and I have not received any updated information on it. Are there issue's with the statue or something? I know it say's 4 weeks after Pre-Order but dang! it's been well past that.

Can anyone look at theirs real quick for me, and see if this area is left black on their shoulder pad?

I think this is normal actually (even if not intended from the prototype), and I thought I'd ask before trying to "fix" it.

arthasu.jpg

Anyone able to check this out for me before I get out the brushes and paint?

This piece is so awesome, buy it now before it sells out! I'm moving in a few months and need to repack, anyone out there can post a pic of the styrofoam wedges for the lower legs in the front? I took them out before I took pictures and can't remember how they go back. This was well packed, no damage. I love this piece and the light up came out really nice. I wish the ice lit up as well but that would make it unrealistic. Anyway, main thing is the sculpt is top notch with great details, really scary statue to put together. The cape sits right on the ice, when you remove it you have to also nudge the cape off the ice to get it off. Really awesome!!!

The pauldrons weren't painted well, mine was largely unpainted except for the bolts and trim. It looks like in the photo above someone overpainted, mine wasn't painted on either side.

The toxic paint smell was over the top on this one. Talk about cancer causing chemicals used.

I initially had problems with frostmoure lighting up, but a little alcohol to clean contacts on the outside and inside worked.

Just cancelled ours... needed the money for an item that interest us more. Maybe, if we see it in person later on and we really want it... but not now

Anyone able to check this out for me before I get out the brushes and paint?

mine is black in that area as well

i think its supposed to look like snow particles resting on the crevices of his shoulder pad

Back