SS Arthas WOW Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobby spot sayd this:
We do have the Arthas statue you are asking about. His current price is $849.99.

That might be cutting it close, as I think he is around the upper 300s himself, let alone shipping.

But I will find out if they still have it, how much they are selling him for, and if they are willing to ship.

Mind me asking where about your are at? They might be much more likely to ship inside the US rather than outside.

If you do not feel like waiting, you can try their site and call them.
The Hobby spot

WTF lol. 850.... They couldnt move the one they always had at 400-ish range.

I bet those numbnuts just looked online and upped the price. Unless they are trying to compensate for shipping.

Ima have to go in in there soon and have a look at it.

Sorry it didnt work out.

Just got this amazing statue, it really is a beast. The seller said when I bought it that the eyes dont work (sword does) so sold it me new for £170 including shipping, I figured it was a good deal and thought I may try to fix the eyes.

Anyway took the head off and had a look, Sideshow really do use cheap wiring, the cable is crumbling, the copper is almost as thin as a thread, you'd think they would at least put some decent electronics in them, it dont cost much. I held an led on the wire, it works but connecting is a nightmare, not enough copper wire and every time I try to solder (Im not experienced) it melts it.

Anyway I have gave up and reattached the head, but have now decided Im going to fill the bottom with leds so the water lights up blue or whatever these remote led's do nowadays. If anyone wants to do the same don't be put off, the bottom comes off very easily, I didn't even have to remove the sticker, the cardboard bottom just came out with a little pull.

Now I just have buy a shelf big enough to stand the thing on :wink1:

Just got this amazing statue, it really is a beast. The seller said when I bought it that the eyes dont work (sword does) so sold it me new for £170 including shipping, I figured it was a good deal and thought I may try to fix the eyes.

Anyway took the head off and had a look, Sideshow really do use cheap wiring, the cable is crumbling, the copper is almost as thin as a thread, you'd think they would at least put some decent electronics in them, it dont cost much. I held an led on the wire, it works but connecting is a nightmare, not enough copper wire and every time I try to solder (Im not experienced) it melts it.

Anyway I have gave up and reattached the head, but have now decided Im going to fill the bottom with leds so the water lights up blue or whatever these remote led's do nowadays. If anyone wants to do the same don't be put off, the bottom comes off very easily, I didn't even have to remove the sticker, the cardboard bottom just came out with a little pull.

Now I just have buy a shelf big enough to stand the thing on :wink1:

That's a steal price =). Your led is wireless? Operated by remote control?

Great, thanks for sharing with us. Arthas will look 10x better.

Will Blizzard remake Arthas? I presume so as he is such an iconic character and the SS version come out like 5 years ago and it's too expensive on the second hand market.

The current Grommash and Illidan are fantastic statues so they really should. I'd also love Sylvanas

dJZAYx7.jpg

Q5tuAfz.png

Comn Blizzard make it happen

Will Blizzard remake Arthas? I presume so as he is such an iconic character and the SS version come out like 5 years ago and it's too expensive on the second hand market.

The current Grommash and Illidan are fantastic statues so they really should. I'd also love Sylvanas

dJZAYx7.jpg

Q5tuAfz.png

Comn Blizzard make it happen

They have NO plans to remake an already Great Arthas statue.

You don't even need one. SS manufactured 3000 of this years ago and seems like they're done with it. Their WoW licenses may have been expired after Deathwing since almost everything came from Blizzard Gear these days. I'd be waiting for an inevitable new one because judging from their Grommash and Illidan, it may be as good if not better than SS. :pray:

Besides, if SS decided to do new batch, the price will be increased at least by 2X. The box was so huge and heavy I paid $100 AT THE TIME to ship it to Seattle. SS is now selling plasticky Wolf Predator 1/2 bust for $650, now imagine what 10 kg, finely-detailed statue with HUGE shipping box goes for these days. :slap Unless they made a totally new one or use PVC instead of polystone of course.

Also, there are many alternatives 3rd parties products out there. Arthas on throne statue or 1/6 scale figure for example.

You don't even need one. SS manufactured 3000 of this years ago and seems like they're done with it. Their WoW licenses may have been expired after Deathwing since almost everything came from Blizzard Gear these days. I'd be waiting for an inevitable new one because judging from their Grommash and Illidan, it may be as good if not better than SS. :pray:

Besides, if SS decided to do new batch, the price will be increased at least by 2X. The box was so huge and heavy I paid $100 AT THE TIME to ship it to Seattle. SS is now selling plasticky Wolf Predator 1/2 bust for $650, now imagine what 10 kg, finely-detailed statue with HUGE shipping box goes for these days. :slap Unless they made a totally new one or use PVC instead of polystone of course.

Also, there are many alternatives 3rd parties products out there. Arthas on throne statue or 1/6 scale figure for example.

Nothing but speculation though. And cyrax isn't asking if Sideshow would revisit the character. That's clear considering:

a. They've done the character.
b. They had to heavily discount him to move their remaining inventory.
c. They don't even hold the license anymore.

The question is; would Blizzard themselves consider revisiting the character in statue form? Some remain hopeful of such an event since the last release wasn't their own and he is easily one of their most popular characters. That said I would find it understandable if they didn't think it was the best idea. Sideshow's product is still in a lot of their potential buyer's hands after all.

So far they have released statues to promote their WoW expansions (Grom for Warlords, Illi for Legion etc.).

Because Lich King Arthas is the Optimus Prime of WoW IMO. Blizz didn't erected his life-sized bronze stafue in Taiwan for nothing. If they revisited his figure then they'll get $$$ but so gone their opportunity to sell, sorry I had to say this, "not as cool" characters. So they'll kept teasing us until he finally appears in the movie or we nearly got bored.

Back