Statue Atom Life Size Bust Real Steel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know Chris. There could be a number of other reasons why this bust has gone from sold out to backorder. How do you know if other collectors got cold feet with the unnumbered ES and cancelled or returned their busts out of frustration? I've seen other pieces with a numbered edition go from sold out to backorder on Sideshow's site (look at the Darth Vader and Boba Fett life size busts as examples).

Look I understand that you are frustrated that the edition size isn't numbered. Maybe it's justified if the edition size is all that matters to you. Don't guess on something you have no clue about and present it as fact. If Sideshow says that they did only 200 busts, I give them the benefit of the doubt. What recourse do they have to lie about the situation?

To be fair, you cant say for fact that they aren't doing this ether. Given SS's history of sneaky business practice I'm inclined to believe this is exactly what they are doing. Not numbering the bust from the beginning was an indication this was meant to be an open edition. This stayed in stock for months when it was only "limited edition", then they slapped a 200 ES on it and a month later it was sold out. This is a Legacy piece, how many Legacy busts or pieces do you know of with an ES on them?...almost none...what makes this one any different? When this bust was available the status was "in-stock" for months, then went to sold out a month ago. How is it that the bust that was in-stock/sold out and stayed sold out..is now on back order unless they got more orders in to justify another batch being made.

That's the problem with some collectors, they KEEP giving SS the benefit of the doubt an SS continually gives customers more reasons to doubt their intentions through their actions.

Chris

To be fair, you cant say for fact that they aren't doing this ether. Given SS's history of sneaky business practice I'm inclined to believe this is exactly what they are doing. Not numbering the bust from the beginning was an indication this was meant to be an open edition. This stayed in stock for months when it was only "limited edition", then they slapped a 200 ES on it and a month later it was sold out. This is a Legacy piece, how many Legacy busts or pieces do you know of with an ES on them?...almost none...what makes this one any different? When this bust was available the status was "in-stock" for months, then went to sold out a month ago. How is it that the bust that was in-stock/sold out and stayed sold out..is now on back order unless they got more orders in to justify another batch being made.

That's the problem with some collectors, they KEEP giving SS the benefit of the doubt an SS continually gives customers more reasons to doubt their intentions through their actions.

Chris

Unless they change the ES of 200 on their product page, I'm inclined to say that they aren't making batches beyond the 200 busts that they have listed unless they say otherwise. Everything you are saying is theoretical at this point and I understand what you are saying. You are asking how a bust that was once in-stock sold out and now put on backorder makes any kind of sense. It happens more often or not for the reasons that I explained or they had set aside a small batch of the 200 in case of defects with the initial batch in order to cover themselves for returns in that instance. Anything leftover (or perhaps returned because of unhappiness of not labelling an ES on the base) would be put back up for sale once it's appropriate to do so (return period, waitlisters, etc). Hence the backorder status.

Theres no way SS would produce more the the stated edition. Almost every piece goes to Sold out then Back up for order. And it makes no sense. I'm sure SS dosen't need to scam ppl to help pay their bills.

Wahaahahahahhahahahhahahhahahah

the losers who keep supporting ss must be in serious denial...

Wahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahah

You people and your numbers...lol
Just enjoy the statue?
And this is from a lame one off movie, nobody cares about anymore.
It's not that big a deal. :dunno

You people and your numbers...lol
Just enjoy the statue?
And this is from a lame one off movie, nobody cares about anymore.
It's not that big a deal. :dunno

In fact the Real Steel 2 is on its way......99% liked the first movie so why not make a 2 nd :nana:

Finally picked one of these up.

Overall presentation is jaw dropping on this bust, makes my clean MKIII look boring in comparison.

Damn shame the other bots wont be produced.

So did someone here pick this up in the last night?

Looks like it came back instock > checking inventory > sold out.

I just happen to see it as I was browsing the site.

Nobody knows when his friends will be created? would look very attractive if on display together..

Came really close to picking this one up but got distracted by other purchases. Glad everyone loves it :) maybe ill be able to nab one down the line

Anyone knows if the eye lights are replacable?
Some one offered me this bust, but the only thing that holds me back is that if the eyes are broken in the future...I'm not sure if I can replace them.
Otherwise this bust has no expression at all...

Woohoo I found one, paid retail so pretty chuffed, this has been on my list for years.
They don’t come up for sale much....
Those that have one, are you still happy to have it on display?

Atom is in the house... he arrived safely, everything works, finally, Ive been looking for one for years, so happy to have found one!

IMG_4822.JPG

Awesome bust, love mine as well...definitely one of those sleeper collectibles that will become “cooler” over time.

Back