Spidey VS Venom poll....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think about this VS diorama

• Total voters
I'll be honest I don't like it, I do like the Spiderman sculpt but the piece as a whole I don't care for it. I would of loved to of seen Martins version of these two going head to head, were the battle could go either way. But this I just don't like. Maybe if they would of done one version were Spidey was winning and the other Venom was winning.

But this piece not for me sadly. O well ordered the Spidey bust 1:1.

Yup....not digging it at all! I was hoping it would look better once full pics were available, but that was not the case unfortuanetly. Except for spidy, this piece looks horrible.

I like the regular version...but for some reason, If I bought it...I would have to get the exclusive also...hrmmm weird..:rolleyes:

Definately saving my money... this one was a bomb! Both the regular and exclusive don't look so great. The head on the exclusive look decapitated from the front and it does look creepy. Spidey looks good, but he also has an awkward pose, especially from the side, looks like he is doing ballet. The statue doesn't look bad from the back however.

I don't understand the bust-o-ramas. Sideshow was doing so well with the statues, why make half statues?
I gave up the idea of being a completist. I broke the leg of the wovie vs saber exclusive, almost wanted to hang myself. Anyway, the only one I really like so far is the hulk vs spidey, which I am defiantely keeping. I am on the fence about the red skull vs captain america, mostly because I don't like Cap's face. Maybe I should display showing the back?

I love Sideshow, don't get me wrong. I love them enough to pay $1350 for the Gray Hulk Vs. from a member of this board.

With that said, I am so extremely disappointed here. Everyone that's saying "It sucks" isn't degrading Mart's sculpting ability, just the fact that, compared with ANY of the other VS. pieces, this thing is a joke.

And for those who are trying to put up some sort of mental block that this isn't part of the VS. line ::cough TOM cough::, it is absolutely part of the line, as stated in the podcast. You can justify not buying it however you want, but in reality, the hardcore LINE collectors amongst us, will have an incomplete collection without this piece.

Here's the rub: The completists will purchase this item to keep their LINE complete. But what message is that sending to SS? It says "Hey SS, yeah I don't like it, but I'm buying it anyway, because I'm a completist"

What your really saying is, "Hey Sideshow, I am okay with this, so GO AHEAD AND DO THIS WITH THE THOR vs. SILVER SURFER and then with DAREDEVIL vs. BULLSEYE! I'll still buy it!"

Deny it all you want, argue that point to your heart's content...but it's the absolute truth. They even made it perfectly clear in the podcast by saying "We never said the VS. dioramas had to have full size characters"

That tells me that if this thing sells, they'll do it again.

I absolutely refuse to buy this piece.

Actually, I would buy this if someone, ANYONE from SS would come out publicly and promise to keep all future VS. pieces in the same size/scale/quality, as the first 4 dios. If that happens, I'll buy BOTH of these items, since that's the only REAL way to have the entire VS. collection.

That's another thing that really irked me. Not only was the piece not up to snuff (relatively), they now force you to buy BOTH ($250) if you want both looks, which drives the price right back up into full size diorama territory. It makes absolutely no sense. We all would have purchased a full size exclusive. They have sold out every time.

I do appreciate Sideshow using my comments in the podcast (the one's they erased from the actual preview page on their site) That guy doing Walken if F###### HILARIOUS! Keep that part up SS!

What all of these negative posts break down to is this; Sideshow is the best company out there, and have some of the best sculpts, PERIOD. That's why it hurts so badly; because when you’re so high up, like SS is, the pain is that much greater when they fall down, on a greatly anticipated piece like this.

Last edited:
ComputerFly said:
Here's the rub: The completists will purchase this item to keep their LINE complete. But what message is that sending to SS? It says "Hey SS, yeah I don't like it, but I'm buying it anyway, because I'm a completist"
In all my years of collecting I have never been able to understand this mentality. Why in the world anyone would buy something they don't like simply to be able to say "I have them all" is mystifying to me. I think that's the point where hobby turns to obsession.

I would guess that a lot of the venom (pun intended) towards this piece is coming from a place of fear that SSC is going to stop doing full size VS statues in favor of busts, but considering everyone they have done so far has sold out, I seriously doubt that is the case.

ComputerFly said:
Actually, I would buy this if someone, ANYONE from SS would come out publicly and promise to keep all future VS. pieces in the same size/scale/quality, as the first 4 dios...

This is basically the same thing I was asking for in the other thread "Bust Dioramas are not Vs Dioramas". Some clarification on where the Marvel line is going would be appreciated. Those of us who are not rich collectors enjoy some sort of structure when collecting a certain line of products.

If there is a new sub-line of Bust Dioramas then be clear upfront after the F4 diorama unveiling and say so. Don't confuse your customers and mislead them with overlapping product labeling by announcing "Spidey Vs Venom". The weak after-the-fact disclaimer ("we never said they had to be full size pieces"????) in the podcast was more lame than cute.

I love Sideshow but gotta call them as I see them. Especially when they made a mistake.

Yes, from the "preview" pictures of this piece...It doesn't look very promising..

I still don't know why SS persist with this idea of "sneek peaks"...

if they have the whole piece to show..... JUST SHOW IT!

TheObsoleteMan said:
In all my years of collecting I have never been able to understand this mentality. Why in the world anyone would buy something they don't like simply to be able to say "I have them all" is mystifying to me. I think that's the point where hobby turns to obsession.

:lol Well, if you find a cure for this ailment, do let me know because I fit in this category!

darth dyp**** said:
Yes, from the "preview" pictures of this piece...It doesn't look very promising..

I still don't know why SS persist with this idea of "sneek peaks"...

if they have the whole piece to show..... JUST SHOW IT!

they don't want because if they're doing this people will request the real diorama and bust diorama will be never sold out :rotfl :monkey1

A huge pass for me as well, the only ones who will probably be buying this are the scalpers, or the "market" people just to sell when they announce the the very small ES, since no collectors of the line seem to want this bust.

Back