The "Sideshow, Complete the Fellowship in PF! Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been out of the loop for far too long, due to some work and family issues, but I am glad to see that Sideshow has at least recognized how important the complete fellowship will be for the Premium Format line. I sent them a box full of Lays potato chips a while back with my form letter, and I drew Gollum on one side and smeagol on the other. "Keep your nasty chips, we want Hobbits!" was boldly emblazoned on the side! I hope that development translates into production, and I think that if Sam pre-orders first, Sideshow will see some very enthusiastic orders! It's good to be back!

Welcome back Chris...missed you mate.

Well done on you input on the campaign...great job.

Hope to see you around a lot more.

:duff
Bill

Cheers Bill!

I should getting a promotion at work soon, but my summer will be busy doing work on the family house, as my dad will be moving to assisted living sometime soon, and my mom won't be living in their house alone, so it's been time to break out the toolbox and get repairs done so she can sell when she needs! Hopefully we get things in tip-top shape this summer, and if she needs to move somewhere smaller in a hurry, she'll be all set.

I am hoping that I can get to hang out with the gang here for some much needed R&R.

I just sent #5!!

Thanks Batmyte, I'll add you to the list. Even if these requests are trickling in slowly they are being forwarded to SS production team and they will be a constant reminder of their promise to complete the Fellowship. :lecture

Yes I agree it would be nice to get the rest of the group..Im so tired of all the starwars stuff.WHY not finish the Lord Of The Rings Line? How many times can you do 12 in cantina band member and it be much better than the first 12 in cantina band member..come on sideshow! I assure there are more people asking for the fellowship figures than there are asking for 6 of the exact same figure..You guys a really missing the boat.:cuckoo: this is what I sent them!

Since Sideshow didn't have much to display or talk about with regards to the Premium Format line at SDCC 2011, I will be resuming my weekly pestering attack on the Sideshow Product request page. Starting tomorrow, I will again resume asking them weekly to make Boromir, Gimli, Sam, Merry and Pippin as part of the Premium Format line. I will be sending one request per character, and try to think of different ways to suggest the Premium Format each week until we hear some more news on this matter. I strongly encourage anybody who is interested in the complete Fellowship to continue to make requests for these characters along with me!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=297

I will post my requests as I make them each week!:peace

So I will be asking the Product Suggestion folks once a week to make the rest of the Fellowship as Premium formats. I used to use the "Ask Sideshow" part of their site, hoping that it would be a little more public and visible, but they don't seem to use that section as much any more.

Here are my requests this week for the rest of the Fellowship to be made as Premium Format figures:

Hi,
I am collecting both the Premium Format and Maquette lines offered by Sideshow for the Lord of the Rings, and while it was a great SDCC for the maquette line, I hope that we see some news on the development of the rest of the Fellowship for the Premium Format line soon. Can you please pass along my suggestion for Boromir in his Fellowship gear, especially his travelling cloak as an addition to the Premium Format line? Thanks!

Hi,
I am collecting both the Premium Format and Maquette lines offered by Sideshow for the Lord of the Rings, and while it was a great SDCC for the maquette line, I hope that we see some news on the development of the rest of the Fellowship for the Premium Format line soon. I hope that the amazing Gimli that has been offered for the maquette line can be joined by a ¼ scale counterpart in the Premium Format line soon! Thanks!

Hi,
I am collecting both the Premium Format and Maquette lines offered by Sideshow for the Lord of the Rings, and while it was a great SDCC for the maquette line, I hope that we see some news on the development of the rest of the Fellowship for the Premium Format line soon. I love my recently arrived Gollum/Smeagol, but a display with Frodo, Gollum and Sam would be awesome. Please make Samwise Gamgee as part of the Premium Format line soon! Thanks!

Hi,
I am collecting both the Premium Format and Maquette lines offered by Sideshow for the Lord of the Rings, and while it was a great SDCC for the maquette line, I hope that we see some news on the development of the rest of the Fellowship for the Premium Format line soon. With the Hobbit films on the horizon, I hope that Merry (Meriadoc Brandybuck) can be made into a Premium Format figure to coincide with all of the Hobbit hype! Thanks!

Hi,
I am collecting both the Premium Format and Maquette lines offered by Sideshow for the Lord of the Rings, and while it was a great SDCC for the maquette line, I hope that we see some news on the development of the rest of the Fellowship for the Premium Format line soon. With the Hobbit films on the horizon, I hope that Pippin Took can be made into a Premium Format figure to coincide with all of the Hobbit hype, as this is one character that has never been given his due as a collectible! Thanks!

If you have time throughout the week, I strongly encourage you to send in your own requests to Sideshow for each of these characters, and feel free to simply copy and paste my requests if you would like!

Email sent for Samwise :rock :clap

The hero of the story deserves more collectables and I for one think he would look fab in PF form with Shire attire. :rock

Thanks for keeping this campaign going Seaward :duff
x :wave

Email sent for Samwise :rock :clap

The hero of the story deserves more collectables and I for one think he would look fab in PF form with Shire attire. :rock

Thanks for keeping this campaign going Seaward :duff
x :wave

It felt like we scored a victory with this as Sideshow had stated they intended to design the rest of the Fellowship, but given how quiet SS has been regarding their Premium Format Line, I want to keep making the request until we get a Pre-order for these figures.

Time once again to request the Fellowship be completed in Premium Format from Sideshow. I am always open to recommendations, as well as having some other folks using the link in my signature to send their own recommendations as well. Since SDCC had no Premium Format news, I feel like it is appropriate to remind Sideshow that we want to see the full fellowship in the Premium Format line!

GIMLI
Dear Sideshow,
I would like to make a product recommendation for a Gimli Premium Format Figure. Gimli would make a great addition to the already amazing Lord of the Rings Premium Format line. Gimli carries such a wide variety of axes, that an option to swap out his dwarven weaponry would make a great exclusive. Thanks for your time, and I am looking forward to more Lord of the Rings Premium Format Fellowship members!
Best regards,

BOROMIR
Dear Sideshow,
I would like to make a product recommendation for a Boromir Premium Format Figure. Boromir looks great as an upcoming maquette, but I would love to get him in his Fellowship gear as a premium format. His shield and traveling cloak seem perfect for Premium Format treatment, and I hope any design includes his iconic sword and horn! Thanks for your time, and I am looking forward to more Lord of the Rings Premium Format Fellowship members!
Best regards,

MERRY
Dear Sideshow,
I would like to make a product recommendation for a Meriadoc Brandybuck Premium Format Figure. Hobbits have been sorely under-represented, and Merry would make a great addition to the Fellowship as a Premium Format. Merry would look great in his fellowship gear, perhaps in a way to display as a companion piece to Pippin! Thanks for your time, and I am looking forward to more Lord of the Rings Premium Format Fellowship members!
Best regards,

PIPPIN
Dear Sideshow,
I would like to make a product recommendation for a Peregrin Took Premium Format Figure. Hobbits have been sorely under-represented, and Pippin would make a great addition to the Fellowship as a Premium Format. Pippin would look great in his fellowship gear, perhaps in a way to display as a companion piece to Merry! Thanks for your time, and I am looking forward to more Lord of the Rings Premium Format Fellowship members!
Best regards,

SAM
Dear Sideshow,
I would like to make a product recommendation for a Samwise Gamgee Premium Format Figure. Hobbits have been sorely under-represented, and Sam is central and vital to the story! Sam would look great in his fellowship/hobbit clothes, and maybe an exclusive could be a swap-out hand with Sting from Return of the King. Thanks for your time, and I am looking forward to more Lord of the Rings Premium Format Fellowship members!
Best regards,

Thanks everyone!!:1-1:

Thanks for the support guys! Since San Diego came and went without any sort of announcement I felt like we should remind Sideshow again what we would like from the Premium Format line. I think the Production Design Team will get sick of my weekly e-mails, but I would rather take 10 minutes of my week to keep asking, I'd rather keep trying!

Thanks for the support guys! Since San Diego came and went without any sort of announcement I felt like we should remind Sideshow again what we would like from the Premium Format line. I think the Production Design Team will get sick of my weekly e-mails, but I would rather take 10 minutes of my week to keep asking, I'd rather keep trying!

I sent this off to Sideshow a couple days ago.

"I'm very happy that the new LOTR maquette line is being received so well. I have ordered every piece offered for sale up to this point.

I'm also a great supporter of the flagship Premium Format line and am particularly interested in making sure that efforts are continuing to complete a full fellowship in that scale. With no new news regarding PF's coming from Comic Con I'm concerned that efforts to complete the remaining Fellowship members has been put on the back burner.

Since PF's tend to be released on a slow schedule and there are already plans for Saruman, Sauron and a Ringwraith on Steed, I'd like to see a turn away from the "Dark Side" and a greater push for Boromir, Gimli, Samwise, Merry and Pippin.

Thanks for listening."

Their customer rep (always VERY helpful) gave this reply.

"We are very excited about the newest additions to our Lord of the Rings product line and plan on continuing to expand this line for years to come. Often times, the schedules of release for certain products are determined by the licensors themselves. As such, we are working diligently to release a greater variety of characters but it is not always possible to do so per our licensing agreements."

It's good to hear that the maquette line is receiving serious attention and will continue "to expand this line for years to come". :hi5: :yess: :clap

I'm not sure what it says about PF releases, except perhaps that licensors may be more particular when it comes to larger scale figures and were perhaps not satisfied with any PF that was close enough to being finished for exhibit for them to appear at Comic Con. I'm QUITE sure Sideshow would have liked nothing better than to show any new PF on the horizon at the biggest convention of the year if it had been at all possible. So, I'm sure we're all disappointed at the lack of news, but I don't think anything in the PF series is being slowed down by Sideshow itself.

It's already August and Spooktacular is only a couple of months away. Let's hope we get a little PF offering then. In the meantime I'll take anything they've got in the way of hints, rough sketches and upcoming highlights. :stick

Hey everyone,

Time once again to make some product suggestions to Sideshow regarding the missing Fellowship members that still need to be made as Premium Format figures. Until we get design sketches, production blog photos, or some other confirmation that a pre-order is on the horizon for Boromir, Gimli, Sam, Merry and Pippin. If Sideshow previews or pre-orders one of these characters, I will stop asking about that particular character, but keep asking about the rest of the Fellowship until all of them are confirmed.

Boromir:
Dear Sideshow,
We didn’t get much news on the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line during SDCC 2011. I hope that this is just a brief lull in activity, and that we will see the rest of the Fellowship as Premium Format figures in the near future. Boromir is a must have Premium Format, as his costuming and accessories are perfect for this format. He would look great with his traveling cloak, but I really want to make sure that his wooden shield, horn of Gondor, and his sword are featured prominently in the design! Thanks for all of the great Lord of the Rings Premium Format offerings, and I will be looking forward to more on the horizon!

Gimli:
Dear Sideshow,
We didn’t get much news on the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line during SDCC 2011. I hope that this is just a brief lull in activity, and that we will see the rest of the Fellowship as Premium Format figures in the near future. Gimli is a must have Premium Format, even though his costuming might pose some challenges in this format. His chain mail and leather outfit, as well as his many axes could be really well done in the quarter scale size, though! Thanks for all of the great Lord of the Rings Premium Format offerings, and I will be looking forward to more on the horizon!

Samwise:
Dear Sideshow,
We didn’t get much news on the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line during SDCC 2011. I hope that this is just a brief lull in activity, and that we will see the rest of the Fellowship as Premium Format figures in the near future. Samwise Gamgee is one of the Premium Format figures that I would look forward to most, as he is one of the most heroic characters in the entire series! I would imagine that any version of Sam would be a home run with the fans, but I think people would prefer a Premium Format in his hobbit clothing. Thanks for all of the great Lord of the Rings Premium Format offerings, and I will be looking forward to more on the horizon!
Merry:
Dear Sideshow,
We didn’t get much news on the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line during SDCC 2011. I hope that this is just a brief lull in activity, and that we will see the rest of the Fellowship as Premium Format figures in the near future. Merry is one of the characters that doesn’t get the recognition and support he deserves, but I think that Merry in his hobbit clothing would be a home run for fans. I think his Rohan Armor might be better suited for the maquette line, but his Hobbit/Fellowship clothes would be much more suited to the Premium Format line! Thanks for all of the great Lord of the Rings Premium Format offerings, and I will be looking forward to more on the horizon!

Pippin:
Dear Sideshow,
We didn’t get much news on the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line during SDCC 2011. I hope that this is just a brief lull in activity, and that we will see the rest of the Fellowship as Premium Format figures in the near future. Pippin is one of the characters that doesn’t get the recognition and support he deserves, but I think that Pippin in his hobbit clothing would be a home run for fans. I think his Gondorian Armor might be better suited for the maquette line, but his Hobbit/Fellowship clothes would be much more suited to the Premium Format line! Please remember that Pippin had moments of heroism too, and a lot of fans were not thrilled with the portrayal they received in the SSW statue series, as it made Pippin appear cowardly. Thanks for all of the great Lord of the Rings Premium Format offerings, and I will be looking forward to more on the horizon!

I will post some questions next week that might offer suggestions for scenes or looks that might help make for great Premium Format figures for the rest of the Fellowship! Thanks for all of your support!!

I have a suggestion, next time you go to comic con, how about you bring some PF's with you. :monkey2

Back