The "Sideshow, Complete the Fellowship in PF! Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent these questions to SS last week and they were good enough to respond today in their Q&A segment. Posted in the the LOTR Q&A thread as well, but I can't think of a more fitting thread to post this response than right here. This is the news we have been waiting for.....mission accomplished! :fireworks

Monday, February 14th, 2011

Question : LOTR fans have begun a campaign in an attempt to convince Sideshow we want a complete Fellowship in Premium Format and that includes ALL REMAINING HOBBITS! What kind of response have you received? -AND- Is it enough for SS to finally relent and give us a complete Fellowship in PF?

Answer : Our Creative Director and design teams have heard you. We’ve received a very healthy response to our challenge, and the Shire has been heard. The Hobbits will see release in statue form, and we will be moving forward with designs for PF versions as well. We’ll be updating you from time to time as things become more concrete.

Just a reminder that the slow cogs have started turning. I have been sending trickle e-mails / requests and still have hope that once the Fellowship is realised in maquette form, then PF's will re-enter the spotlight :pray:

The cogs are most certainly in motion, thanks in no small part to the efforts of the amazing people here, but since SDCC did not deliver on the Premium Format front, I wanted to make sure that I keep sending out the signal that we are still interested. I'd rather keep up with the reminders until we get more concrete confirmations than just assume that these figures will get made someday. I've collected enough lines from Sideshow that don't get the "complete" treatment that fans would like, so I'd rather keep trying!

The cogs are most certainly in motion, thanks in no small part to the efforts of the amazing people here, but since SDCC did not deliver on the Premium Format front, I wanted to make sure that I keep sending out the signal that we are still interested. I'd rather keep up with the reminders until we get more concrete confirmations than just assume that these figures will get made someday. I've collected enough lines from Sideshow that don't get the "complete" treatment that fans would like, so I'd rather keep trying!

Yep, SDCC was a bit of a surprise as far as PF's and LOTR in general goes. I hope more people follow your example and keep taking the time to send a 'reminder' to SS that we want the Fellowship in PF :wink1:

Work has been super busy, so I haven't had time to pester Sideshow on a weekly basis requesting the completed Fellowship in Premium Format. I just got the Legolas Maquette and Black Mordor Orc here at work though, so I am going to take my lunch break to continue requesting the rest of the Fellowship of the ring be made as Premium Format figures.

Boromir:

Hi Sideshow! I just got my exclusive Legolas Maquette, and I can't wait for Boromir and Gimli to start shipping to continue to flesh out the Fellowship in the Maquette line. More importantly though, it would be great to finally pre-order Boromir in the Premium Format line. The upcoming maquette looks amazing, but it would be great to see Boromir as he appeared in the Fellowship of the Ring. We need to see Boromir in the Premium Format range, and his shield and horn of Gondor are must have elements!

Gimli:

Hi Sideshow! I just got my exclusive Legolas Maquette, and I can't wait for Boromir and Gimli to start shipping to continue to flesh out the Fellowship in the Maquette line. More importantly though, it would be great to finally pre-order Gimli as part of the Premium Format line. While Gimli may be short in stature, he is huge in personality and deserves to be included in the Premium Format line. I hope that we get to pre-order a Premium Format Gimli soon. Thanks!

Sam:

Hi Sideshow! I just got my Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format, and I can't wait to get him home and unpacked. This has been a great stretch for the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line with The Witchking, Gollum, The Black Orc, and a Ringwraith on the horizon. My only problem is that the heroic members of the Fellowship deserve some attention, and I am hoping that we see Samwise Gamgee soon. The Premium Format range is perfect for the Shire outfits as worn by the Hobbits. Any chance we'll see some Hobbits in the Premium Format line by the time the Hobbit movie hits theaters?

Merry:

Hi Sideshow! I just got my Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format, and I can't wait to get him home and unpacked. This has been a great stretch for the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line with The Witchking, Gollum, The Black Orc, and a Ringwraith on the horizon. My only problem is that the other members of the Fellowship deserve some attention, and I am hoping that we see Meriadoc Brandybuck soon. The Premium Format range is perfect for the Shire outfits as worn by the Hobbits. Any chance we'll see some Hobbits in the Premium Format line by the time the Hobbit movie hits theaters?

Pippin:

Hi Sideshow! I just got my Black Orc of Mordor Premium Format, and I can't wait to get him home and unpacked. This has been a great stretch for the Lord of the Rings Premium Format line with The Witchking, Gollum, The Black Orc, and a Ringwraith on the horizon. My only problem is that the other members of the Fellowship deserve some attention, and I am hoping that we see Peregrin "Pippin" Took soon. The original offering in the Sideshow/Weta statue line didn't really capture the character, and fans would love to have Pippin in his fellowship attire. The Premium Format range is perfect for the Shire outfits as worn by the Hobbits. Any chance we'll see some Hobbits in the Premium Format line by the time the Hobbit movie hits theaters?

I am hoping that I will be able to keep e-mailing Sideshow on a more regular basis to keep asking about the rest of the Fellowship in the Premium Format line, but I will certainly be asking as much as time allows until each of the above figures are offered for pre-order!

Work has continued to be really busy, so I haven't had a chance to make my weekly request, but I thought I would send a message in to the Sideshow Mistress of the Web. I have all of the Lord of the Rings collectibles that I want (at least those that have been currently produced) so instead of asking for a freebie from Sideshow, It thought I would request that they provide a hint or sneak peek to show that the rest of the Fellowship is being developed for the Premium Format line.

Here is my Christmas Wish to the Mistress of the Web. Let's hope that she answers my request this year. I have never won any of these contests, so hopefully that works in my favor too. If you have gotten the collectibles that you want, but you still want to see the Fellowship made, it might not hurt to make a request yourself. Happy Holidays everyone!!

"Dear Mistress of The Web,

My name is Christopher, and I am not writing to request a product or free gift, but the opportunity to purchase some Lord of the Rings Premium Format figures in the near future. I hope that you can make my Christmas Wish come true by showing some sneak peeks or offerings from your development team that you are indeed developing the final five members of the Fellowship: Boromir, Gimli, Samwise, Merry and Pippin as Premium Format figures. I have been writing questions to Ask Sideshow with great regularity, and been trying to campaign for a completed Fellowship on the Sideshow Freaks message Board (alias: Seaward). If it helps your decision any, my birthday is also on Christmas, and this would make for the best birthday and christmas present. I don't need anything for free, but I would love to buy the rest of the Fellowship in the Premium Format line!

Thank you for your consideration!

Best regards,

Christopher"

I hope some other people still have a chance to request the rest of the Fellowship too!

:santa

Good one Chris :yess:

I have adapted your letter and sent it on too.

Fight the good fight my friend...you are not alone. :hi5:

"You have my sword!"

:duff
Bill

Thanks Bill! I figure I will use every avenue and opportunity to make a request from Sideshow. I don't have much that I want, but it would be nice if they complete the Fellowship, so I figured I could ask for that!!

I hope that work will be back to normal after the holidays, but I doubt it. I've missed hanging around here!!:(

Thanks Bill! I figure I will use every avenue and opportunity to make a request from Sideshow. I don't have much that I want, but it would be nice if they complete the Fellowship, so I figured I could ask for that!!

I hope that work will be back to normal after the holidays, but I doubt it. I've missed hanging around here!!:(

We have missed you too mate :wave

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Bill

I don't understand what's going on here. SS didn't want to continue the fellowship because they were concerned about the popularity of the rest of the characters? Is that what everyone is saying?

I just pulled these quotes off of Wikipedia about the LoTR trilogy:

"The trilogy was a great financial success, with the films collectively being the sixth highest-grossing film series of all-time (behind Harry Potter, James Bond, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Shrek). The films were critically acclaimed and heavily awarded, winning 17 out of 30 Academy Awards nominated in total. The final film in the trilogy, The Return of the King, won all 11 of the Academy Awards for which it was nominated, tying it with Ben-Hur and Titanic for most Academy Awards received for a film."

They then go on to say regarding the Trilogy sales:

"The Lord of the Rings film trilogy is the highest grossing motion picture trilogy worldwide of all time, higher even than other film franchises such as the original Star Wars trilogy and The Godfather."

How is LoTR not popular?

Shouldn't this line be one of their heaviest hitters? The numbers don't make sense with what's going on IMO. :dunno

Can someone explain that to me?

Last edited:
Since it will have been a full year since the last Sideshow Lord of the Rings Premium Format offering, and almost six months since the "Ask Sideshow" section was updated, and about five months since the pre-order of the Ringwraith Maquette, I have been starved for news on the Lord of the Rings lines from Sideshow.

Since "The Hobbit" will be debuting theatrically this year, it would make for the perfect time to offer some of the Lord of the Rings characters that are Hobbits! They would ship just in time for the movie, or in the space between the theatrical release and the DVD. Time to make 2012 and 2013 the year of the Hobbits at Sideshow, dont you think?

I wanted to resume the practice of asking Sideshow about the rest of The Fellowship in the Premium Format and Maquette lines. I probably won't be able to ask weekly, as I have a lot of personal stuff going on, but I will update when I can!

Samwise
Hi Sideshow, since it has been almost a full calendar year since we have gotten Lord of the Rings Premium Format news, I thought I might need to remind you that people are very interested in this line! We know that some bigger items, like the Ringwraith on Steed and Sauron, are on the horizon, but what about offering some smaller items while we wait for those to be ready. How about some Hobbits? With the Hobbit film coming out in 2012 and 2013, it seems like a perfect time to release some Hobbit sized Premium Format figures. Samwise Gamgee would be great, as he is really one of the biggest heroes of the Lord of the Rings series. The hobbit costuming lends itself perfectly to the Premium Format line too. When might we see some Samwise the Brave being offered?

Merry
Hi Sideshow, since it has been almost a full calendar year since we have gotten Lord of the Rings Premium Format news, I thought I might need to remind you that people are very interested in this line! We know that some bigger items, like the Ringwraith on Steed and Sauron, are on the horizon, but what about offering some smaller items while we wait for those to be ready. How about some Hobbits? With the Hobbit film coming out in 2012 and 2013, it seems like a perfect time to release some Hobbit sized Premium Format figures. Merry would be a great addition to the line, as he could either be the brave hobbit at weathetop, the silly hobbit in the shire, or the fearless hobbit in Fangorn The hobbit costuming lends itself perfectly to the Premium Format line too. It is time to make Meriadoc Brandybuck as a Premium Format, Sideshow!!!

Pippin
Hi Sideshow, since it has been almost a full calendar year since we have gotten Lord of the Rings Premium Format news, I thought I might need to remind you that people are very interested in this line! We know that some bigger items, like the Ringwraith on Steed and Sauron, are on the horizon, but what about offering some smaller items while we wait for those to be ready. How about some Hobbits? With the Hobbit film coming out in 2012 and 2013, it seems like a perfect time to release some Hobbit sized Premium Format figures. it is high time to get a Pippin Premium Format. He would be great to come with the well in Moria, some mushrooms on the wooded road, or either with some pipe-weed or the palantir outside of Isengard. The hobbit costuming lends itself perfectly to the Premium Format line too. Please make this Fool of a Took Sideshow!!

Gimli
Hi Sideshow, since it has been almost a full calendar year since we have gotten Lord of the Rings Premium Format news, I thought I might need to remind you that people are very interested in this line! We know that some bigger items, like the Ringwraith on Steed and Sauron, are on the horizon, but what about offering some smaller items while we wait for those to be ready. How about Gimli the dwarf? With the Hobbit film coming out in 2012 and 2013, it seems like a perfect time to release a Dwarf sized Premium Format figure. After just getting my Gimli Maquette this month, he is just perfect, but a 1/4 scale Premium Format offering would be great!!! Hopefully, Gimli makes an appearance in the Premium Format line soon, as the costuming could have some amazing detail in this scale!!

Boromir
Hi Sideshow, since it has been almost a full calendar year since we have gotten Lord of the Rings Premium Format news, I thought I might need to remind you that people are very interested in this line! We know that some bigger items, like the Ringwraith on Steed and Sauron, are on the horizon, but what about offering some smaller items while we wait for those to be ready. How about Boromir? While looking forward to the upcoming maquette, and how cool he looks in his Gondorian armor a 1/4 scale Premium Format offering would be great as well!!! Boromir would be ideal in his Fellowship attire, as the variety of fabrics would make for the best Premium Format yet!! Please let us know when we might expect Boromir as a Premium Format!

I hope some other people have a chance to use the Ask Sideshow Feature, and make a request for the rest of the Fellowship in the Premium Format range!!

Since Sideshow has redesigned the web site for their production and Q&A sections, and they seem to be eager to answer questions slowly but surely for some other lines to kick off the redesign, I thought it would be a good time to bombard Sideshow with questions about the remaining fellowship members in both the Premium Format and Maquette lines. I would hope some other people can take some time to drop Sideshow a question at their new location to push them to provide some answers on the Premium Format and Maquette lines!!!
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experience/design-develop/ask-sideshow/

Gimli, Samwise, Boromir, Merry, Pippin:
Hi Sideshow, I love the new design of the Sideshow Experience, and it is great that you are answering questions again! Since it has been so long since we have had a Lord of the Rings Premium Format announcement, I hope that you can find time to answer a few questions! We have been informed that Sideshow has started design and development on the remaning Fellowship members, and I know many fans are wondering when we might hear about the rest of the Fellowship? Will Sam be offered with a light-up Phial of Galadriel? Merry would be great to represent the Shire, but he would look great on part of the Buckleberry Ferry! Pippin could look amazing if offered with the well and skeleton in the tomb of Balin! The Gimli maquette is terrific, but a 1/4 scale Premium Format Gimli with an arm resting on his Battle Axe would be amazing too. The upcoming Boromir Maquette looks to be terrific, but it is time to see Boromir offered in his Fellowship garb. Any chance he could come with his fur-lined riding cloak? This would be perfect for the Premium Format line. I know that many Lord of the Rings fan are eager to see some more offerings in the Premium Format line soon!!! Thanks!

Sam/Frodo Maquette and Pippin/Merry Maquette
Hi Sideshow, I love the new design of the Sideshow Experience, and it is great that you are answering questions again! Since it has been so long since we have had a Lord of the Rings Maquette announcement, I hope that you can find time to answer a few questions! We have been informed that Sideshow has started design and development on the remaning Fellowship members, and I know many fans are wondering when we might hear about the rest of the Fellowship? The Hobbits are sorely under-represented across many of the licenses that you have offered, and I am thrilled to hear that you are committed to completing the Fellowship. Do you think we might see the Frodo and Sam Maquette or the Merry and Pippin Maquette offered to coincide with the release of The Hobbit? It would be great to hear news on the rest of the Fellowship soon! Thanks!!!

I hope that some of you can take some time to Ask Sideshow on their new site, and please feel free to copy and paste the questions as I have written them if that is easier for you! Post here if you have asked them about the rest of the fellowship, and let's hope that this dry spell is over soon!!:impatient:

i already did that for the 1:5 a few days ago, i think we should spam sideshow. This is ridiculus.

still very pissed off at ss over the wolf pred shenanigan today, waited so long for nothing.

Thanks for that Seaward. :wave

Might be no harm to remind Sideshow that we are still around. :slap

Mind you, even though SDCC is quite a bit away now, I'm sure SS's plans for it, and anything LOTR related for it, are well set now. Would it not be better to see what comes out at the Con, before swamping SS with our LOTR questions/requests?

I for one am looking forward to seeing what LOTR offerings show up (I am hoping they will be many). I will be more than happy to be part of any swamping of SS's Q&As if that is not the case. :wink1:

Bill

Thanks for that Seaward. :wave

Might be no harm to remind Sideshow that we are still around. :slap

Mind you, even though SDCC is quite a bit away now, I'm sure SS's plans for it, and anything LOTR related for it, are well set now. Would it not be better to see what comes out at the Con, before swamping SS with our LOTR questions/requests?

I for one am looking forward to seeing what LOTR offerings show up (I am hoping they will be many). I will be more than happy to be part of any swamping of SS's Q&As if that is not the case. :wink1:

Bill

That's almost four months away! It's already been months since we've had new LOTR news, and I would really like to hear a little something in April and then something new in July.

Thanks for shooting a message over to the new Ask Sideshow section. You can see how often they respond, but since they seem to be driving the new site redesign, I figured it can't hurt to pound away again with questions about the rest of the fellowship in both formats. I would be surprised if we didn't see anything at SDCC, but again, that is almost four months from now. By that time, the Boromir maquette will have shipped, and the Snow Troll may have shipped by then too, leaving only the Ringwraith as an outstanding LOTR item. I can't imagine that Sideshow would want fans to have diminished excitement or expectation on the PF and maquette lines due to lack of new offerings for such an extended period. I would love to see some news now!!

If we count the RWOS Premium Format and Sauron Legendary Scale figures, as well as the design sketch of the 2nd Age Elven Warrior and what looked like Faramir on the back of the 2012 calendar as a very rough sketch, we know some things are still in development, but the chance to pre-order again would be pretty nice, and the chance to pre-order members of the Fellowship would be the best!:pray:

Well, I sent them a couple questions recently about the maquette line so they know there is plenty of interest between what we're all doing.

If we count the RWOS Premium Format and Sauron Legendary Scale figures, as well as the design sketch of the 2nd Age Elven Warrior and what looked like Faramir on the back of the 2012 calendar as a very rough sketch, we know some things are still in development, but the chance to pre-order again would be pretty nice, and the chance to pre-order members of the Fellowship would be the best!:pray:

I'm not too sure that's a sketch of a Faramir design, Chris. I think it is just another pose design for the Aragorn Maquette/Statue. :)

I agree it would be great to get some LOTR news and/or pre-orders from SS before the SDCC. But I am happy to give my wallet a break for the time being. Now is the time to get saving for what I think will be some awesome LOTR offerings in the future. :yess:

Bill

Back