Spidey VS Venom poll....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think about this VS diorama

• Total voters
I hate to sound wishy washy, but I think I'm actually starting to consider ordering the exclusive. Everything above that ridiculously tiny base looks great. Spidey grabbing the tongue makes more sense to me with the exposed face and it adds a bit more drama to the scene. I don't know, maybe I can learn to love the base... in time.

But this isn't a VS right!? It's in the "bust-o-rama line," so they shouldn't be lumped together.

:monkey3

TheObsoleteMan said:
Does it matter?

I would think it does to those wondering how to classify this. There were a few people debating their "completionist" status. :monkey1

LOTRFan said:
I would think it does to those wondering how to classify this. There were a few people debating their "completionist" status. :monkey1
Even if it is in the VS line, and they don't like it, they can still be completists of the pieces they actually like. :monkey5

TheObsoleteMan said:
Even if it is in the VS line, and they don't like it, they can still be completists of the pieces they actually like. :monkey5

Well personally I don't care either way, I don't a) like this piece, or b) consider myself one who has to have the entire line; I was just stating that this isn't really part of the VS. series.

:lecture

From the podcast:

This isn't a true VS. statue because it doesn't have all of Venom.
Hey Brian, hate to rain on your VS. series parade, but our VS. line theme is one character versus another and does not necessarily restrict the item to full figure combat only.

But they do call it a "bust diorama" later in the podcast, so there is a reference to that fact that this piece is a sub-line distinct from the other releases so far. I guess I will be a completist in the statue diorama line and not the bust diorama line.

With this and the Fantastic Four piece, we now have bust dioramas featuring a character cut off at the waist, also incorporating additional "full figure" characters (hence the "diorama" label). The FF piece is not "VS" and the Spidey one is, but I will group them together as the first two bustorama® releases from Sideshow.

i think this is a new catagory...a vs bust...not a vs statue.
so now we have vs statue series...bust'orama's....and now vs busts.
so im quite happy if i left this that i am still a completist of the vs statue series.
having said that i love the scult of the exclusive..quite brilliant in my opion
in fact i think it would display well with the f4 bust'orama so im having this
for sure....:chew

I don't collect the vs line but I would have gotten this one if it was a full statue like Sabertooth vs Wolverine. That being said, it looks ok for what it is and the price isn't bad. Also, if you're a full "vs" completist, I wouldn't consider this to be part of that series because it's more bust like. Plus, if you don't get it and it sells out later, we can always :stick you later on that you don't have the complete "vs" series. ;) :D

I think the only mistake with this piece is grouping it with the Vs. I don't know how people can call it "ugly" or "crap" and both comments really need some justification.

Both characters (what there is of them) are rendered very well and are far from "ugly." The price point at about 1/2 a standard Vs. makes it very attractive to Marvel fans that might have been put off by the size and price of other Vs. pieces.

Personally I'm getting/have all the previously released/announced Vs. pieces except this one and will still consider myself a completist on the line.

Piece looks ok, but the face in the head really creeps me out. If I were to get it which I am not (mostly because I just started collecting marvel so it has to really blow me away to get me to buy it) it would be the reg edition at a discount from a dealer. At lest in this case I think there is no question for may to get the regular for a discount rather then the exc.

I dont think that people honestly think it's crap, it's more the dissapointment talking. But again I do find the face in the head thing ugly/creepy.

Jesse

My only real dissapointment was with the base, but I've gotten over it and ordered the exclusive. Spidey grabbing the tongue and using it to rip the symbiote off Brock's face works much better for me than just having Venom wrapping his tongue around Spidey's arm.

Darklord Dave said:
I don't know how people can call it "ugly" or "crap" and both comments really need some justification.

here comes the justification;

I have edited my post to say:

the base is so ugly.:rolleyes:

regardless of the character renditions, what I tried to say was, it is really a big disappointment for me.

Back