Some E3 news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't get the appeal of GH and RB... what am I missing?

Like SB said, a great time while drinking. We had a blast playing RB at the FREAKS party. I think Havyck may even have some of it on tape (though I hope it's been erased :eek:)

Played the Too Human demo. Eh not really digging it, I found it boring.

Final Fantasy for Xbox? So we'll see the PS3 version in 2012 and then Xbox version sometime after 2030?

I'm way jealous of the Netflix deal. I knew it was just a matter of time before Netflix hit consoles, I just thought it would be on both 360 and PS3.

Nintendo news should be exciting. I can't wait to hear what kind of software will be used with the 1:1 wiimote accessory. We'll get some Animal Crossing news for sure as well. I'm looking forward to these things more than anything.

And then there's Sony... wtf will they show? Home? Their iTunes wannabe store? Sony either has something mega unexpected up their sleeves, or else get ready for "Giant Enemy Crab 2"

Final Fantasy for Xbox? So we'll see the PS3 version in 2012 and then Xbox version sometime after 2030?

I'm way jealous of the Netflix deal. I knew it was just a matter of time before Netflix hit consoles, I just thought it would be on both 360 and PS3.

Nintendo news should be exciting. I can't wait to hear what kind of software will be used with the 1:1 wiimote accessory. We'll get some Animal Crossing news for sure as well. I'm looking forward to these things more than anything.

And then there's Sony... wtf will they show? Home? Their iTunes wannabe store? Sony either has something mega unexpected up their sleeves, or else get ready for "Giant Enemy Crab 2"

nope both versions to released simultaneously

New 360 controller colors:

controllergreen.jpg

controllerred.jpg

https://kotaku.com/5025125/microsoft-releasing-le-red-green-360-controllers

Awesome news on Rock Band 2. I'll have to wait for the PS3 version. But, that's Ok.

I love having friends over and playing Rock Band. Even the wife and I rock out, me on guitar and singing (usually after a couple ales) and Michelle on the drums.

It's pretty much my favorite game.

:rock

As far as FF XIII. I'm used to it being SONY exclusive, but, I stopped playing Final Fantasy years ago. So, I could care less.

I don't have the time or dedication to games like that anymore. Probably part of the reason I can't even get into GTA 4 or MGS 4.

Resident Evil 5 was sick. Glad the co-op mode isn't split screen.

They have a new corporation of BSAA, should be interesting. Not going to lie, I'm going to miss Umbrella.

I'm hoping it stands for...

Black Society Association (for) Assassinations? or
Blow Some Angry Africans or

FF13 thing is pretty awesome. I wasn't exactly losing sleep over it being PS3 exclusive, but I'm fairly sure I'll pick it up now.

There's co-op in RE5?.....oh my, oh my

Must look for vids now

Nintendo isn't even on the playing field IMO. Not even close. Sure they are selling tons of systems. But they don't have any good software. Just ideas. Hardcore gamers laugh at Nintendo. I personally applaud their new ideas I just think they are far from what the hardcore group wants.

Nintendo isn't even on the playing field IMO. Not even close. Sure they are selling tons of systems. But they don't have any good software. Just ideas. Hardcore gamers laugh at Nintendo. I personally applaud their new ideas I just think they are far from what the hardcore group wants.

I can agree with that. They know that the hardcore gamers will probably end up buying the system anyway for a couple of games (zelda/mario/metroi/etc) and they went for a whole new demographic with the elderly and families which really was a stroke of genius on their part. So they got the hardcores and the new target market that they are going to spunge. I applaud them as well.

I can't wait for RE5. I will actually hit the gaming stores at Midnight for that bad boy.

I think Nintendo is smart. They tried to 'compete' in the last 2 generations and it got them nowhere fast.

Now they're just concerned with being Nintendo, and it's paying huge dividends.

That said, Wii doesn't even remotely interest me, but I think it's fine, there's definitely a market out there for it. Let the other two big brutes beat themselves bloody.

As far as FF XIII. I'm used to it being SONY exclusive, but, I stopped playing Final Fantasy years ago. So, I could care less.

I don't have the time or dedication to games like that anymore. Probably part of the reason I can't even get into GTA 4 or MGS 4.

Yeah right, I know your real excuse, No cloud and No sephiroth = no play ;P

I think Nintendo is smart. They tried to 'compete' in the last 2 generations and it got them nowhere fast.

Now they're just concerned with being Nintendo, and it's paying huge dividends.

That said, Wii doesn't even remotely interest me, but I think it's fine, there's definitely a market out there for it. Let the other two big brutes beat themselves bloody.

I actually agree however I am more interested (as a true gamer) in the brutes. Althought I think Microsoft is wooping Sony. I am glad that games are the new mainstream medium period.

The Wii is great fun with the Nunchuk and the controller and makes games like RE and Zelda a little more interactive. The thing is I will always buy PS3 over XBOX 360 titles but then you have Nintendo being very smart and adding small things like the Lightsaber hold and force function to the controls for Force Unleashed for example which makes gamers eager to get both one for the Wii if they have it and one for the bigger boys to naturally play if they like the game. Not to mention my wife loves the Wii Fit. I really don't put the Wii in the same category as the other two because I really think its a totally different experience than you'd get with the other two

I actually agree however I am more interested (as a true gamer) in the brutes. Althought I think Microsoft is wooping Sony. I am glad that games are the new mainstream medium period.

Yep, I'm a fan of the green brute myself.

The Wii is great fun with the Nunchuk and the controller and makes games like RE and Zelda a little more interactive. The thing is I will always buy PS3 over XBOX 360 titles but then you have Nintendo being very smart and adding small things like the Lightsaber hold and force function to the controls for Force Unleashed for example which makes gamers eager to get both one for the Wii if they have it and one for the bigger boys to naturally play if they like the game. Not to mention my wife loves the Wii Fit. I really don't put the Wii in the same category as the other two because I really think its a totally different experience than you'd get with the other two

If Nintendo can pull off the Jedi functions of Force push and if the lightsaber is responsive enough to not be frustrating, I'll own Force Unleashed for both 360 and Wii.

For those about to "Rock Band 2", I salute you!

New drums and set list :rock:rock

In the words of Wayne and Garth..."We're not worthy" :bow

Back