Some E3 news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really hoping for an updated online service :monkey2

That's the biggest thing holding them back right now.

Where are you guys watching the live stream from? G4 is waaay to slow, or at least it was yesterday.

Not watching a stream.... at work...GHEY! But I'm on the Gizmodo and Engadget website. They are doing a good job updating without me having to watch all the boring stuff.

And I am recording G4TV all day long on my DVR so I can fast forward past the boring stuff!!

Last edited:
11:25: We've just taken our seats at Sony's conference in front of what could only be described as a wall of screens: 7 main screens and roughly 64 smaller screens. OMG, Vaio LCD's everywhere. You'd think this was a Sony event. There's a couple players up front playing, from left to right: MGS4, PixelJunjk Eden, GT5: Prologue, SOCOM, Echochrome, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Number of smiling old people: 0. The players are most definitely not smiling.

Hmm... I wonder what that means??

11:29: SOCOM is looking fun. Lots of players on screen.

11:32: Just chatted with Xbox's Aaron Greenberg – he's been following our liveblogs from his phone, so now he's totally reading this and thinking, "Whoa, meta."

lol

Chrsit, that's a lot of screens!

sonye3presser.jpg

11:37: Triangles, squares, and circles galore. We're at the right place apparently. FYIL It's 68 panels, not 64. Shots os last year's games: Uncharted, Haze... A video montage of some of PS3's biggest games – already out and upcoming. We're seeing Uncharted, Resident Evil 5, Little Big Planet, Buzz, MGS4, SOCOM, Resistance, Killzone 2. Not all PS3 games either – PSP and PS2 are making an appearance. It's the PlayStation "family" of products afterall, remember? They just showed off a shot of Bioshock, too!

11:39: Ladies and gentelemen, please welcome Jack Tretton. "Thanks for coming out everybody. I can't tell you how much fun we've had over hte past several months putting together this press conference. The truth is: this is the most stressful event you can imagine. It's taken two years off of my life."

11:40: He's recounting all the famous events that happened on this stage. Tretton isn't bad as a stand-up comedy act.

11:41: Says PlayStation is hitting its stride, finally. Just getting started. Just begun. Sounds like a bit of an excuse for the past couple years, eh? The seeds of the playstation brand were laid nearly 15 years ago this week

11:43: Says Tretton: "From the very beginning our customers came to expect something very different from us. What really made SCE different from the very beginning is we took a longer look ahead. When most companies were looking at a 3 to 5 year lifecycle, we were on a 10 year. Really hitting hard on the long product lifecycle thing, saying their consoles have at least a 10-year lifecycle. In other words: "Thanks for waiting."

11:44: GTA: SA came along in year 4. Shadow of the colossus in year 5, God of War 2 in year 7. Interesting that they mentioned Ico along with FFX and GTA. Not exactly a big seller (although it's one of our favorite games ever). IBM is actually using the CEll processor to power its newest supercomputer .he's mentioning FOlding@home numbers

11:46: "If we stopped to ask consumers if they needed all this horsepower, they may have said no." He recalls Henry Ford's quote, "If I asked my customers what htey wanted, they'd have said a faster horse. Games like MGS4 aren't just exclusive to the Playstatin 3, they're only possible on the PlayStation 3"

11:47: Games like MGS4 on PS3 is a good reminder of what it means to have exclusive content

11:48: "I agree with what CNET and so many others have said in recent months: 2008 is hte year of the PS3." Big-ass subwoofers in here at the beginning of Resistance 2. "Here's a look at the third-generation title from Insomniac games on the PlayStation 3: Resistance 2." Wow. Okay, yeah, that's one big boss. Seriously, this thing makes the Collossi in SotC look like puppy dogs

11:52: Demo end. *applause* Ted price from Insomniac on stage. "In 1951 we lost Chicago, millions never made it out. ... now Chicago is enemy territory." 350ft tall Chimera called Leviathan. "resistance 2 is a story of a country under siege, broken by a superior foe."

IMG_0035_1WTMK.JPG

11:53: Okay, he's essentially reading us the game box back, but that's cool because he just told us about 8-player online co-op. "resistance 2 also breaks new ground with it's 8-player online co-op and 60 player online multiplayer ... While many games talk about scale, resistance 2 truly delivers." Scale, scale scale: This game is big, epic, etc. "resistance 2 offers more than any shooter in 2008 ... I'm Ted Price, president and ceo of insomniac games, and this is resistance 2." *cue the trailer*

11:54: The game is definitely more colorful than its predecessor. Less gray, more bright colors. Think 1950's America

Back