Media Transformers Devastation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, a bunch of them have small touches from recent toys.

Spoiler Spoiler:

And the final boss,

Spoiler Spoiler:

I dig the G1-ification of those designs though, and most are only there if you really look for them.

I'm in no way a fan of any interpretation of Transformers, but...
It is really sad that this pathetic waste of a game is about to be released after "Transformers Universe" got canned.

Graphic remind me of the cartoon when I was like 8.
Gameplay would probably be just as good if I were 8 also.

Anybody picked this up?

I did, haven't gotten a chance to play it yet and most likely won't until tomorrow. But considering I'm a big time G1 transformers fan and everything I've seen and read about this sounds freaking awesome, not to mention I love Platinum games, especially the wonderful 101, I have a feeling I'm going to really like this game.

But it might come down to how the character select goes, hopefully you can choose what ever character you want for what ever mission you're doing.

played this for about an hour and a half this morning. The game is awesome, I freaking love it, it's fun, it's fast and it's a great throw back to G1. Honestly I was expecting a battle based game where you would be dropped into an arena, fight, and then be dropped in the next arena. I wasn't expecting to walk through a torn up city battling decepticons as you move onto your objective and boss battles while getting some cut scenes that fleshed out a story.

This game is alot like Robotech Battlecry but it's alot more fun to play, the action is fluid, even the gun play feels great and it's quite the challenge on the hardest mode. It also has a little RPG element to it where you can loot weapons, pick up power ups and health packs to give you a boost when you're in a jam, like I was in the Devastator fight.

I haven't gotten that far into the game though, I only just got to the mission in level 1 where you play as side swipe, so far i've seen all 5 autobots but have only been able to play as Optimus, Bumble Bee, and now Side Swipe. I will say that if you are not a fan of Transformers that this game most likely won't appeal to you as the whole presentation, graphics, voice work, and story are meant to feel like a Transformers Saturday morning cartoon and this game hit the bulls eye.

Finished the 6-7 hour campaign today.
Im a G1 fan so just that alone carried this experience for me.The reason is the major difference in gameplay.Instead of the fun gunplay you got in WFC/FOC which i enjoyed the hell out of,it's more focused on fast paced hand to hand combat.And that transition didn't appeal to me as it felt like you were forced to play that way when you have very limited ammo so yeah...Don't expect anything like the WFC/FOC games,you would be dissappointed.
The Boss battles were not bad though,allthough i wish they could have added more elements to the Devastator boss.That again was just all about slashing through him,waiting while draining his life bar.Would have been pretty cool if they added in a few things.Something like teamwork with all 5 autobots to trip him or something,force the Contructicons to split by shooting his limbs.I had so many ideas to make the boss battles better as i played.

If you like a really simple straight forward slasher game and a G1 fan,then you'll like it.
The Robot models looks great,just like the cartoon.

Overall i give it a 5/10.

Played all the way to what I think is the final battle with Megatron. Battled him a few times.. Lost a few times. Got frustrated and returned the game to redbox. Fun game for a rental. I liked the triple changer battles the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played all the way to what I think is the final battle with Megatron. Battled him a few times.. Lost a few times. Got frustrated and returned the game to redbox. Fun game for a rental. I liked the triple changer battles the most.

haha yeah Megatron was a horrible boss.Impossible to go in with a plan.That boss was just too much and not fun at all.I switched to easy after i died 5 times or so because i knew there is no such thing as playing smart against Megatron.Just chaos.
Probably one of the worst boss battles ive experienced.The rest of them throughout the game was fun enough though.

Yes utter chaos! Lol. I got close once.. Actually thought I had him. I switched to truck mode to rush him and it took FOREVER to actually start moving. BOOM! blown to bits.

Never played Nina Gaiden,but i imagine that works pretty well as a slasher game.Transformers does not.

Never played Nina Gaiden,but i imagine that works pretty well as a slasher game.Transformers does not.

I would have to disagree as the combat in this game is buttery smooth. The comparison to Ninja Gaiden is good as both games pride themselves in the hack and slash combat and both are really really great at it. This is so far my favorite transformers game and hopefully this turns into a series, I want more, it's just to awesome for one game.

I was talking about people saying that Megatron was a difficult boss. I wasn't comparing the two games. BUT, Paltinum games is famous for making slasher games, so it clearly shows in this game.

I would have to disagree as the combat in this game is buttery smooth. The comparison to Ninja Gaiden is good as both games pride themselves in the hack and slash combat and both are really really great at it. This is so far my favorite transformers game and hopefully this turns into a series, I want more, it's just to awesome for one game.

A matter of taste i guess.Me personally don't think it fits as a transformers game.WFC/FOC was great,they were right where they needed to be,true to source.

I was talking about people saying that Megatron was a difficult boss. I wasn't comparing the two games. BUT, Paltinum games is famous for making slasher games, so it clearly shows in this game.

I don't mind a hard boss fight as long as it's fun,but Megatron is one of those bosses they try to give you a challenge by chaos,button mashing and alot of luck.

A matter of taste i guess.Me personally don't think it fits as a transformers game.WFC/FOC was great,they were right where they needed to be,true to source.

I don't mind a hard boss fight as long as it's fun,but Megatron is one of those bosses they try to give you a challenge by chaos,button mashing and alot of luck.
Yea, I can respect that kind of passion. I liked war for cybertron but I found it hard to finish and had no desire to play fall of cybertron, even as much as I love transformers. I'm personally more into the colorful hyper active combat in devastation, but the game was what I was expecting from platinum and I am early awaiting more.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

How about compared to Metal Gear Rising? Im currently enjoying the combat in that game, would the Combat from Transformer match up to it?

How about compared to Metal Gear Rising? Im currently enjoying the combat in that game, would the Combat from Transformer match up to it?

They are both from the same developer, so I'd assume there's some similarities.

I passed on Rising upon release because im not a fan of slasher games,but then it went on sale and i read good things about it,so i bought it for 70% off a year later and was positively surprised how good it was because you can approach your enemies differently and stealth works well too.Gameplay is very addictive and you have options.Devastation doesn't match up to Rising,not even close.Just a straight forward mindless game that i won't play again.

Back