Slave Leia VS Jabba the Hutt Diorama - NL PREORDER 1/14

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Slave Leia VS Jabba the Hut Diorama

Of course such a message often is just in the eye of the beholder. Still, I would love to hear what Fisher thinks of this one even though she is well aware that there will always be those that can't see anything but the T&A.

I would imagine she'd be supportive of this one. GG's piece was too sexed up beyond the film, bigger chest than hers, showing the ass in ways that were pure sexuality. I think pieces that faithfully represent her from the film and are about the character's strength and not the sexual side sit better with her, the Sideshow PF and this are the sexy outfit, but there's nothing really sexual about the overal presentation outside of being in a bikini. I know in the interviews on the DVD, she comments about really enjoying that she got to take down Jabba the Hutt so she probably likes that of all ways to portray her from this movie, they're capturing her kicking some ass.

Re: Slave Leia VS Jabba the Hutt Diorama

There are some I could think of, but the issue of size makes anything like the presentation of the droids or Luke talking to him problematic. Unless you want to make all of the parts quite small (along the lines of "Look Sir, Droids") you're limited to Jabba and maybe one or two characters. I'm sure that had something to do with their decision.

That status quo may change pending what we see from the Marvel X-Force diorama. Leading thought is that four characters are on there and depending on the size we may see changes in what will be included in the sizes of future dios.

I would imagine she'd be supportive of this one. ... I think pieces that faithfully represent her from the film and are about the character's strength and not the sexual side sit better with her, ... I know in the interviews on the DVD, she comments about really enjoying that she got to take down Jabba the Hutt so she probably likes that of all ways to portray her from this movie, they're capturing her kicking some ass.

good point- thanks

Really looks great, this dio adds a nice bit of variety in comparison to some of the other star wars dios.

I would imagine she'd be supportive of this one. GG's piece was too sexed up beyond the film, bigger chest than hers, showing the ass in ways that were pure sexuality. I think pieces that faithfully represent her from the film and are about the character's strength and not the sexual side sit better with her, the Sideshow PF and this are the sexy outfit, but there's nothing really sexual about the overal presentation outside of being in a bikini. I know in the interviews on the DVD, she comments about really enjoying that she got to take down Jabba the Hutt so she probably likes that of all ways to portray her from this movie, they're capturing her kicking some ass.

She talks about it a little in her book, she just happened to see the GG statue at Comic-con (although I think she calls it a toy), they don't have to run it by her. She went out of her way to get it changed.

But I doubt she'd have a problem with this depiction of her.

That's epic, that is! I'd love to get this somewhere down the line, when I have more $$ and a larger place.

This is an awesome dio. One of the most impressive ones yet. I think Jabba vs Oola would've been sweet, too, but this is a bit more of an iconic scene.

She talks about it a little in her book, she just happened to see the GG statue at Comic-con (although I think she calls it a toy), they don't have to run it by her. She went out of her way to get it changed.

But I doubt she'd have a problem with this depiction of her.

She actually owns a topless copy of the prototype. In the Bring back Star Wars documentary she shows it to the interviewer in her home.

Pop the finished sculpt head on figure 1 WIP and call it good! No clothing accessories necessary! ;)

Now this is thinking outside the box that I can get behind. Might be my first SW Diorama purchase.

Very nice. I will be considering this one...:google

Now this is thinking outside the box that I can get behind. Might be my first SW Diorama purchase.

You sure using the the terms outside the box and get behind are appropriate for this piece :lol

But at the same time I think it is more sexy to empower than oppress.

Empower is not the right word. Someone who needs to be 'empowered' is as dependent as someone 'oppressed'. Perhaps more so, because the oppressed atleast has the potential for independence. One who has been 'empowered' does not.

The need for empowerment is a confession of weakness, and I don't find it sexy at all. Just saying.

Well, I think you can empower yourself, which is pretty much what Leia did. Nobody really helped her stand up to Jabba.

I get ya devilof, nothing gave her the strength she used to fight back, she just tapped into what was already there, the term empowerment implies the addition of something to give you a power you didn't previously have.

Exactly. :duff

And this diorama is very cool. I love Sideshow's whole approach to this version of the character.

Back