Slave Leia VS Jabba the Hutt Diorama - NL PREORDER 1/14

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Slave Leia VS Jabba the Hutt Diorama

This looks great, although both Jabba and Slave Leia have been done to death already.

This are done right ! The hole body of Jabba are in this diorama and NOT that fatal error Sideshow did with the Rancor diorama were a big big part of the Rancor body were missing ! It looks like SIdeshow has learn something :)

I am SO buying this, this would go great with the Rancor dio and all my other Jabba stuff.

Thank you Sideshow :rock

Even though it's my least favorite moment in Jedi :lol, I don't like seeing the big guy die.

This looks great, although both Jabba and Slave Leia have been done to death already.

Bite your tongue! Although I sort of agree on Leia (this particular outfit of hers gets more attention than most of the others combined), you can't have too much Jabba.

I am SO buying this, this would go great with the Rancor dio and all my other Jabba stuff.

Thank you Sideshow :rock

Even though it's my least favorite moment in Jedi :lol, I don't like seeing the big guy die.

I agree, although I guess if the Boba Fett fans can believe that he survived the Sarlacc, maybe we should say that Jabba was just playing dead and somehow slithered off of the sail barge before it blew up... :D But seriously, I kind of think it's a fitting end for him, especially given what happened to Oola.

I'm definitely down for this one. I was hoping for a Jabba-themed diorama. I'm not sure this scene would've been my first choice, but I don't think there's ever been a statue of it before, so that's something. I assume Jabba's body will get more detailing in the finished product.

otis_frampton_jabba_leia.jpg

I'm definitely down for this one. I was hoping for a Jabba-themed diorama. I'm not sure this scene would've been my first choice, but I don't think there's ever been a statue of it before, so that's something.

Well, with Jabba himself, there are some limits to what's engaging as a dio and what doesn't end up being close to the 1/6 setup. Even though they are two different lines, I'm sure consideration is made that dios don't duplicate something from PF or 1/6 for people that might buy both.

Off the top of my head, it'd be cool to do a Jabba dio of Luke pulling the gun on him, that's a classic image used often in marketing.

Other than that and Leia killing him, not sure what else would make for an interesting composition that people would buy.

I personally would buy and ANH or TPM Jabba dio because I like the Hutt, but most wouldn't buy anything outside of Jed.

Yes, and apparently what they learned is "sex sells." I heard their final announcement tomorrow will be Roadblock with a half naked Baroness over his shoulder.

SOLD!!!! :D

I'm crossing my fingers that we get a GI Joe announcement tomorrow but have zero hope. No 1/6th whatsoever.

If the Fisher sculpt is good i'll pick it up. :)

Well, with Jabba himself, there are some limits to what's engaging as a dio and what doesn't end up being close to the 1/6 setup. Even though they are two different lines, I'm sure consideration is made that dios don't duplicate something from PF or 1/6 for people that might buy both.

Off the top of my head, it'd be cool to do a Jabba dio of Luke pulling the gun on him, that's a classic image used often in marketing.

Other than that and Leia killing him, not sure what else would make for an interesting composition that people would buy.

I personally would buy and ANH or TPM Jabba dio because I like the Hutt, but most wouldn't buy anything outside of Jed.

There are some I could think of, but the issue of size makes anything like the presentation of the droids or Luke talking to him problematic. Unless you want to make all of the parts quite small (along the lines of "Look Sir, Droids") you're limited to Jabba and maybe one or two characters. I'm sure that had something to do with their decision.

That and even like Tom says in the video, they're pretty much focused on dioramas of conflict, other than Look Sir Droids, they have all been confrontational.

I agree with you there are some great dio options just for visuals, but most aren't confrontational moments and would probably appeal to less people, you and I'd buy them, but I'm sure a lot of others wouldn't want to just have Jabba sitting around staring at the droids.

This is pretty cool. It doesn't fit in my collection, but I really like it alot.

I agree with you there are some great dio options just for visuals, but most aren't confrontational moments and would probably appeal to less people, you and I'd buy them, but I'm sure a lot of others wouldn't want to just have Jabba sitting around staring at the droids.

Exactly, I all ready have Jabba staring at everyone in 1/6, I sure don't need a dio of it as well.

I wonder how the Rancor diorama will compare in terms of scale with this.

Hopefully Luke and Leia will be in scale with each other, probably will be, Jabba scaled with the 9" height characters from other dios would be damn near the size of the 1/6 Jabba, my guess is Leia's in scale with the 6" Luke included with the Rancor, putting Jabba about half the size of the 1/6 figure.

It's funny, this year is ESB's Anniversary but things are really favoring us Jedi fans lately, preview of 1/6 Gamorrean Guard, Gammy life size bust shipping this year, ROTJ Vader bust, 1/6 Emperor and Throne, Rancor dio, now a tease of this dio, which looks close enough to at least go up for order this year. I'm loving it.

Exactly, I all ready have Jabba staring at everyone in 1/6, I sure don't need a dio of it as well.

Yeah, with the Gentle Giant setup and the Sideshow 1/6 setup, plus various action figure versions, I have a whole lot of "Jabba sitting on his throne" so it's definitely nice to get something different. I think Jabba trying to pull Oola toward him might have been cool as well, but it would be harder to make into a diorama, and probably not as commercially viable.

Re: Slave Leia VS Jabba the Hut Diorama

...Here's hoping LFL lets SSC sexy up Slave Leia, if I remember right Carrie Fisher through a sh_t-fit over the GG statue (too much ass & sass)...

You know I would be interested in hearing Fisher's take on this one- because as "sexy" as the figure is there is a much different message being communicated by this one.

I am sure Fisher objects to being objectified, and face it that is what slave Leia represents (and fought against) in the story, at least to Jabba who tries to turn her into a trophy and object of entertainment.

For some fanboys, their idea of slave Leia keeps her shackled to being nothing more than a sex object; they ogle at her like Jabba and his goons. I can see why Fisher would object to this as it goes against the spirit of the character in the story.

So, don't get me wrong- there is nothing wrong with sexy. I appreciate the physical beauty of a woman as much as the next guy. I also don't think its bad to own a statue or figure of Leia in her slave costume. But at the same time I think it is more sexy to empower than oppress. So T&A aside this statue may be the most "sexy" of all as it captures Leia being empowered as a human being as she turns the chains of her opression against the one oppressing her.

Of course such a message often is just in the eye of the beholder. Still, I would love to hear what Fisher thinks of this one even though she is well aware that there will always be those that can't see anything but the T&A.

Back