Slave Leia VS Jabba the Hutt Diorama - NL PREORDER 1/14

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's killing me! What are the Pixelated pair?

They are too obscene to post here LOL :D j/k The pixelated ones are Vader and Emperor. The remaining ones are for sale/trade, the Vader and Emperor are sold/traded already.

33ngo09.jpg

Last edited:
leia looks really sexy! :naughty her likeness is alright, but definitely not spot-on.

overall, this is much better than the awful luke vs rancor dio. which isn't actually high-praise, considering how ss screwed that one up.

Her face is actually good enough in my opinion for this. Jabba is spot on in the looks dept. He seemed to have gotten his stomach full enough of slugs to make his cousin pizza the hut look thin.

I don't think the rancor one is awful at all. It's just more of a bust than a diorama. The sculpts are really good.

I really wish the Rancor piece had been sold as a bust or something like that, just to see how many negative opinions are driven by it's non-diorama appearance more than the actual piece's quality.

Yep, we've been over this in the rancor dio thread, I think, but it's essentially the same idea as the Commander Cody LSB, just in a smaller scale. It kind of strains the definitions of what a diorama is. Yeah, there are two characters but otherwise it's a bust.

Even this Jabba diorama isn't what I'd traditionally think of as a diorama, essentially it's just Jabba sitting with Leia on top of him. There's a floor but it's generic and small to the overall piece, it doesn't really serve as an environment, when I think of dioramas it's a mix of characters or something like that and an environment to give the action context.

Same as Rancor though, I don't feel this Jabba piece is bad for not meeting that traditional notion of a diorama, it's a nice looking statue, I just probably would never say it was a diorama if that weren't it's official title, I'd just say the Jabba vs Leia statue.

Yeah, I think to some extent they're trying to shoe-horn these pieces into their existing dio line, but then again both Jabba and the Rancor are difficult subjects because of their size.

True, though with Jabba, sitting on his throne would feel more in an environment, but would also be a bit redundant of the 1/6 and extra work. The Rancor, I really was anticipating Luke to be about the size of the Look Sir Droids figures, maybe even smaller, to then have a full Rancor that wouldn't be too big and you could have a cave base with some big rock formations to really set the scene.

Again, the pieces have value as they've been executed, I just would have handled the designs different to be more traditional.

I hope Rancor goes reverse of Jabba, diorama to 1/6 figure :)

Even this Jabba diorama isn't what I'd traditionally think of as a diorama, essentially it's just Jabba sitting with Leia on top of him. There's a floor but it's generic and small to the overall piece, it doesn't really serve as an environment, when I think of dioramas it's a mix of characters or something like that and an environment to give the action context.

That's what killed this piece for me, the generic base is just so uninspired. The piece wouldn't have had to increase in size, all they needed to do was add some context to what Jabba is "sitting" on; this is just really quite boring.

:rip

I don't think the rancor one is awful at all. It's just more of a bust than a diorama. The sculpts are really good.

well, to qualify my earlier comments--- yes, you're right. to me the luke/rancor dio was "awful" because of sideshow's monumentally dumb/cheap act of cutting the rancor off at the shoulders and sticking him on a pole. "bust" indeed. wtf. the fact that the sculpt is certainly quite good makes it all the more a severely missed opportunity, imo. frankly, even if they'd called it a bust i still think they could've found a more creative and less awkward way of ending the bust-line.

I actually really like the simple base and am more than happy to include this piece in my collection.

My only problem with this diorama is that it doesn't look like she's choking him, but rather like the chain is just resting on his skin, instead of digging into it. Jabba the drama queen. Always overreacting.

Still looking forward to this, although I'm a little worried how Leia will turn out. I would say the Luke on the Rancor diorama prototype was better than the Leia on the prototype for this one, and we know what happened to Luke. Just imagine how Leia might end up. :horror

Also, I just thought I'd put this out there: I don't really expect them to make a faux bronze version of this, but if they do I would like to get it. I don't always remember to check the newsletter right away, so if somebody sees that they're offering a faux bronze version of this piece, please PM me! Yeah, I'm not sure if the FB look would work very well with this piece or not, but the Jabba collector in me can't turn down a super limited piece like this would be. Thanks!

Back