Slave Leia VS Jabba the Hutt Diorama - NL PREORDER 1/14

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
overall I think this dio came out very well. Is jabba about the same size as the GG version?

No. I thought that it would be at first, but the specs say that the entire piece is 14.5" wide by 7.5" tall. Since the base adds some height and width to the total numbers, I'm guessing that Jabba himself is around 13" wide by 7" tall (give or take).

The Gentle Giant version is 17" wide by around 6" tall. So the Sideshow version is probably a bit taller (Jabba is kind of rearing up, after all) but about 4 inches shorter. When you consider that the Gentle Giant Slave Leia accessory appears to be smaller than the Leia in the Sideshow piece, I have to wonder which of these pieces has the relative scale correct.

Got #82 today. I like it a lot. The Jabba sculpt is excellent, and the paint on Jabba is really well done, with the exception of the nostrils. I also think the eyes should be a lot more glossy, although that's hard to see in pictures. I don't think I'm going to try and repaint the nostrils, though. In normal lighting conditions, they don't look bad at all. I'd say the overall paint job is considerably nicer (and less overpoweringly green) than the one on the 1/6 scale Jabba, which is a nice surprise. The base is nice, too. Looks like bronze.

It's not a huge piece, but it's not tiny either. With regard to the comparison to the Gentle Giant Jabba that I made above, I'd say they are similar in size if you take into account the fact that the SS Jabba's tail is curved while the GG one is more straight. Of course the GG version appears much larger due to the inclusion of the throne.

The exclusive Salacious crumb is not bad. He does sort of fill a space on the base that would otherwise be empty, but I wouldn't consider him to be a must-have by any means.

A couple of nice surprises: the ends of the chain stay in place with magnets. Yes, the chain does sort of disappear into Jabba's back, but you can't really see that. (I probably could've made the chain a bit more taut in the pictures.) There's also a really cool illustration on the bottom of the base (see below). I almost missed it.

I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars, taking one star away due to the somewhat high price point, the odd paint job on the nostrils and the eyes that could use more gloss.

ss_leia_vs_jabba_dio5.jpg

ss_leia_vs_jabba_dio6.jpg

ss_leia_vs_jabba_dio1.jpg

ss_leia_vs_jabba_dio2.jpg

ss_leia_vs_jabba_dio3.jpg

ss_leia_vs_jabba_dio7.jpg

ss_leia_vs_jabba_dio8.jpg

Cool pics! :rock

My favorite part is actually the image on the bottom of the base. :lol

And that Leia likeness is much better than any other pics have shown. Good job.

Mine arrived today. Regular edition #48/750. I think it came out great, and the nostril snot paint on mine isn't nearly as extreme as I see in these other pics. Could just be an issue of flash or lighting maybe. The one thing that would make the piece better IMO is if it was in scale with other dios like the ambush on hoth, but it's still a nice size.

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

with the Illusive Concepts Jabba:
IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

Nice photos gang. The good news is, my Flex came through, the bad nes is that it means waiting, but happy to see it turned out so well, I know I'll be very happy once it finally arrives.

The nostrils are a very easy fix. This is a good looking and unusual piece! If my Jabba quotient wasn't already filled out perfectly by the 1:6 figure, I'd be all over this!

Leia looks very pale and I'm not crazy about where her eyes are looking. It would be more menacing if she was staring aggressively at Jabba while choking him out. Plus, I wish she had more of a two-tone paint job on the skin - as it is, she looks alittle cartoon-ish.

I was initially on the fence with this one, but the paint and scale have pushed me over to "pass". It's a shame because I love my "Circle is Now Complete" dio, but the Rancor/Luke and Leia/Jabba dios are just not good enough. Plus, the upcoming Yoda/Sidious looks pretty crummy, too. :(:(:(

She's not pale at all, but it's true that the paint job is all one color without highlights or shading. But if you take into account how small she actually is, I think it looks fine.

ss_leia_vs_jabba_dio2.jpg

Back