Slave Leia VS Jabba the Hutt Diorama - NL PREORDER 1/14

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of santa...

jabba_claus.jpg

You're joking, but that's actually a good idea. Comparing the Rancor dio shot with the apple in it to the Jabba dio shot with the apple in it makes me think that these may actually be the same scale after all.

Leia and Luke are almost identical in scale actually, they were both loosely based on a 6-6.5" scale similar to a standard action figure. Good eye!

This is a very cool looking piece... only thing that kind of bugs me is how the chains look like they are flying back from Leia's hands. Seem to dynamic to me... I think I would have preferred if they were hanging as she was likely just tightening the noose by this point of the confrontation.

This is a very cool looking piece... only thing that kind of bugs me is how the chains look like they are flying back from Leia's hands. Seem to dynamic to me... I think I would have preferred if they were hanging as she was likely just tightening the noose by this point of the confrontation.

I think it looks fine the way it is. Obviously this exact pose is not one seen in the movie but it is more dramatic and Leia looks more fit and curvy. Her face is not perfect but it is close enough for me. I just hope the paint job is as good as I'm hoping.

I just love this Santa Jabba :) Makes my day.
jabba_claus.jpg

I couldn't fit my Gentle Giant Jabba on the table, but yeah... I think we both like Jabba. :lol

jabba_roll_call1.jpg

Nice, I never found that bean bag one or the Jabba head Micro Machines set locally, still look on eBay at times for the MM set if the price is right, not comfy buying stuff things like a beanie off there though. I too have the Galactic Heros and CW Jabba since my photo. Did you get the IC Jabba when it first came out or later on? It was way out of my price league when it came out and by the time I got into high end stuff Sideshow's came out and I didn't need it or the Attakus, though they're both nice and if I had them before Sideshow I'd have kept them. Always wanted the IC, but with price and the horror stories of deterioration, I never felt comfortable taking a gamble on it now.

Glad to see you have multiple vintage Jabba's, when I saw your repaint, it was cool but the thought of not having the original vintage look too seemed tragic.

Did you get the IC Jabba when it first came out or later on?
I got it on ebay a few months ago for a very low price, partially because I wanted to see what it was like and partially out of a desire to have all of the Jabba figures and statues out there. Mine has no problems with deterioration, but I really can't recommend it. The Sideshow one is much better in every way, even if it is smaller.

Glad to see you have multiple vintage Jabba's, when I saw your repaint, it was cool but the thought of not having the original vintage look too seemed tragic.

Yeah, the only one I don't have an unaltered version of is the Sideshow Jabba, and that's just because I'm waiting to see if I can find a bargain somewhere.

I couldn't fit my Gentle Giant Jabba on the table, but yeah... I think we both like Jabba. :lol

jabba_roll_call1.jpg

Oh, that makes me so happy. Look at them all! Jabba is one of my favorite characters (check my avatar, for heaven's sake!) and seeing a collection like this is just damned cool. Thanks for sharing.

I have a vintage Jabba in storage, and I gave my nephew my maquette. The only one on display for now is my custom painted SSC Jabba...

P7270025.jpg

P8120010.jpg

That's why I don't get the ROTJ hate, Jabba, Emperor, Anakin's reveal, some of the coolest stuff came out of ROTJ (I know and some of the worst for people).

That's why I don't get the ROTJ hate, Jabba, Emperor, Anakin's reveal, some of the coolest stuff came out of ROTJ (I know and some of the worst for people).

The 1st and 3rd acts are brilliant, it's that pesky second act that brings it down. It's also sad to see Han be essentially useless.

I have an IC that is in the basement--the base has a corner that is slightly smashed--if someone wants it send me a Pm and we can work out a cash/trade deal. Not going to put this idea in the FS section cause I do not really want to sell---but there may be a freak who would love him more than I do.....

The 1st and 3rd acts are brilliant, it's that pesky second act that brings it down. It's also sad to see Han be essentially useless.

It's those blasted Ewoks... The cutesyness of it all was utterly nauseating... lol. I would have preferred they used Wookies or some other species that didn't look like something out of the Barney the Dinosaur hour.

And, I totally agree, Han lost some major coolness mojo in ROTJ.

Back