Sideshow Bith 'Modal Nodes' Cantina Band

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th Creature Cantina band

I am always excited for new 1/6 Star Wars offerings. This may be a pass for me though. The thought of 6 identical figures all possibly priced around 60-80 dollars I just can not afford or justify that sort of purchase. As neat as the band was they are not that cool.

I have always heard that two of the band members are playing a fanfar.

Here is a cover from an album that came out sometime and the two on the ends are playing the same thing it looks like.
Modal_Nodes_Album.jpg

I hope they continue making Cantina alcove pieces and the band will be awesome looking.

Maybe they will offer all of them as a set like they did the endor troopers. I think $330 for the set plus $100 for the eviro would be about right.

You know, Sideshow hasn't confirmed a Cantina band yet. They showed a Bith head that could easily be the Bith in the Max Rebo Band that has already been announced.

Actually started the thread from information here:
https://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/SDCC10_Star_Wars_Collectors_Panel_132793.asp

From this line:

-The Creature Cantina band will be able to entertain your Star Wars toy shelf (shelves) soon.

I took it that they are referring to the Cantina band from ANH.

I hope they don't go crazy and offer all 6 instruments with every figure so people end up with mulitple sets. that would just be silly and expensive.

At one time I wanted the entire band, but with current prices I don't think it is feasible. But we'll see...

I have the Hasbro ones that I got for a song, and they're really not that bad. The problem is that some of them can't really hold their instruments properly. This is an old picture -- I don't have them on display anymore.

cantina_band6.jpg

I transferred one of them over to a Buck body and repainted it. It turned out well, but it was a lot more work that I had thought. Since I have this, I kind of doubt that I will want to buy a Sideshow version, much less the whole band.

cantina_band2.jpg

The most cost effective solution is to sell the band member by himself and the instruments as an accessory pack. Keep the price low on the figure, with an ES 3-4x of the instrument pack. Not everyone will want all six band members.

I think we might see something like 2000 of the most popular (whoever deems that to be) and then SSC will offer like 500 5 packs.

I think we might see something like 2000 of the most popular (whoever deems that to be) and then SSC will offer like 500 5 packs.

I think that is what should happen. Figrin Dan I would guess would be the most popular. I want the whole set with a chair for for Tech.

I should probably look for the Hasbro ones. They look good enough for me better than none at all at least.

The most cost effective solution is to sell the band member by himself and the instruments as an accessory pack. Keep the price low on the figure, with an ES 3-4x of the instrument pack. Not everyone will want all six band members.

Figure's gonna be $90 either way. I doubt they'd sell the instruments separately. Everybody keeps saying "accessory set" but those have proven to be a huge bust. The Sith droid set was laughable, and the majority of people felt the dejarik table was overpriced. They haven't gone back to it in what? about two years??

The thing is Sideshow will never sell accessories separately because it exposes their margin. Accessories are used to fill out the price point of a figure. They figure out a budget during the development of a figure and throw in some accessories until they get to that point. Once they start charging $30 for 5 instruments, people start figuring that one accessory costs $6 and then cry foul when such and such figure doesn't get enough accessories or when X figure gets N accessories and Y only gets N-3 accessories.

Honestly, I'm amazed that anyone is willing to spend $540 on a 1/6 cantina band.

Figure's gonna be $90 either way. I doubt they'd sell the instruments separately. Everybody keeps saying "accessory set" but those have proven to be a huge bust. The Sith droid set was laughable, and the majority of people felt the dejarik table was overpriced. They haven't gone back to it in what? about two years??

The thing is Sideshow will never sell accessories separately because it exposes their margin. Accessories are used to fill out the price point of a figure. They figure out a budget during the development of a figure and throw in some accessories until they get to that point. Once they start charging $30 for 5 instruments, people start figuring that one accessory costs $6 and then cry foul when such and such figure doesn't get enough accessories or when X figure gets N accessories and Y only gets N-3 accessories.

Honestly, I'm amazed that anyone is willing to spend $540 on a 1/6 cantina band.

This is already going on.

Wow! They are here!:yess: I hope there is an environment too to form a picture perfect.

I thought I could see an opening with light shining throught, maybe an environment that include walls.:pray:

:shock Oh man, this is one of the sets that was at the top of my wishlist when Sideshow announced the Star Wars license. Of course that was back when they were still 40 bucks a pop instead of 90...

Always loved the Cantina band tune (use it as a ringtone) but never wanted to have the Cantina Band itself. The set looks cool, but it will be a pass for me :)

Back