Sideshow Bith 'Modal Nodes' Cantina Band

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just digging this up because BOBF had one of these in an episode, if sideshow still has a license, they should re-release these. Of course, its sideshow so I'm not optimistic.

They must still have a 1/6 license since they’re releasing 1/6 animated TCW figures and have released or re-released various other figures over the last few years.

Unless it’s a very narrow license, though I don’t think that’d be the case.

So I’m not sure why they haven’t re-issued some key figures from the past that Hot Toys is unlikely to do, like the Gamorrean Guards, Greedo, and Bib Fortuna. The Modal Nodes, too.

Gamorrean Guards and Bib seem like a big missed opportunity with the Jabba and Throne V2.

Granted they’d be a lot more expensive now, but they’d all still sell pretty well I imagine.

Sideshow Gammorreans are selling for $600 - $700. People want this kind of background supporting figures. Companies constantly dropping the ball ignoring that fact. I myself paid way too much over retail price for Greedo, Momaw, and these band guys. As much I would love to see some aliens, even from Sideshow again, I do not hold my breath. That golden era is gone.

IMG_6765(Edited).jpg

It's what baffles me most about sideshow. Their alien figures were awesome save for the bodies, which were ok. Why they insisted on human characters is just mind boggling.

It's what baffles me most about sideshow. Their alien figures were awesome save for the bodies, which were ok. Why they insisted on human characters is just mind boggling.
I've said it a few times, but SS needs to concede that Hot Toys is going to always do it better, and that SS can fill a different niche for Star Wars. Crank out aliens, goons, droids, and environment pieces and act as a supporting line to the main HT one. Shoot for the $200 range and I bet the line would flourish.

I've said it a few times, but SS needs to concede that Hot Toys is going to always do it better, and that SS can fill a different niche for Star Wars. Crank out aliens, goons, droids, and environment pieces and act as a supporting line to thoot for the $200 range and I bet the line would flourish.
I agree , also the Clone Wars line has a chance to do well, easy sculpts you could use a 3D printer and easy paint apps . I am also pissed we never got Ponda Baba , Dr Evazan and Snaggle Tooth(Zutton) to complete the cantina goons.

Last edited:
Sideshow Gammorreans are selling for $600 - $700. People want this kind of background supporting figures. Companies constantly dropping the ball ignoring that fact. I myself paid way too much over retail price for Greedo, Momaw, and these band guys. As much I would love to see some aliens, even from Sideshow again, I do not hold my breath. That golden era is gone.
R.gif

View attachment 560620
The golden era is gone, hopefully there would be another golden era asap

Even if they kept prices around the $250 mark, I believe it would be successful nowadays. The toy community is predominantly collector driven now and the price people pay for made up characters (Mezco 1:12) tells me that folks would happily buy aliens. If collectors on this board are excited for clone variants, I’d bet they’d also be down for aliens to compliment their shelves.

yes, definetly; Sideshow should stick with non-human characters, mostly aliens and robots/droids. The R5D4 droid they did is going for a lot of money on ebay now. Would love to even see 1/6 scale ephemera like boxes/cases, and miniature environments like they used to do

nice set up. i had greedo and hammer head both sold a few years ago. i know what you mean about we need more aliens View attachment 560622
Such a great pic. Really takes me back to collecting the Kenner figs of Jabba's entourage. I know it's probably the least favourite of the OT, but holy hell, did they go all out with the character designs!

SS should release Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes band set and it would sell like hotcakes...

Talk about an easy set to produce: Five identical figures and a few variations in musical instruments. Outfits are simple, too.

Back