The Prisoner Retro Style Action Figures - Wave No.2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

localmonkey

Freaked Out
Reaction score

1714666896849.png

The kickstarter goal has already been reached for this awesome collection of retro figures from the great 60's surrealist TV series. Looking forward to adding these to my collection.

One of my favorite shows and I am surprised it hasn't been rebooted yet. This is an amazing effort, but I am married to 1/6 scale, so this is a no-go for me

"I wasn't going to pander to a mentality so low they couldn't conceive of what I was trying to say."

I wish there were more creative minds out there that share McGoohan's philosophy. Absolute genius. So glad the Prisoner is still appreciated.

I'm glad localmonkey started this thread, since I've been wrestling with the decision to get these or not. The show is an undeniable cult classic whose profile will only rise with Christopher Nolan possibly working on a theatrical update.

I didn't jump on the first wave since half of them were just variations on Number 6, but that the second wave is really expanding the line by including so many characters. Wandering Planet is also offering late-comers the chance to pick up a bunch of wave 1 figures if they pledge to get anything from the new wave. And while 4" retro-style figures don't always appeal to me, it seems fitting for a property dating from the late '60s.

I'm glad localmonkey started this thread, since I've been wrestling with the decision to get these or not. The show is an undeniable cult classic whose profile will only rise with Christopher Nolan possibly working on a theatrical update.

I didn't jump on the first wave since half of them were just variations on Number 6, but that the second wave is really expanding the line by including so many characters. Wandering Planet is also offering late-comers the chance to pick up a bunch of wave 1 figures if they pledge to get anything from the new wave. And while 4" retro-style figures don't always appeal to me, it seems fitting for a property dating from the late '60s.
I too was a little disappointed with the character selection back when wave 1 was announced but since Wandering Planet was a startup and needed fan support to produce the line I still pledged. I'm glad I did. They really are great figures and it's so rare to see any Prisoner merchandise let alone anything done with this level of appreciation. I think you're right that the retro figures fit perfectly with that late 60's vibe. The mock toy commerical on their kickstarter page is great!

pris2.jpg

Wandering Planet has been great about keeping backers up-to-date on their progress throughout the development process. All going well they'll be a wave 3 so I can have my dream figure:

Number 1 with removable masks.

1714537119723.png

Looks like Wandering Planet uncovered a few more exclusive "Arrival" Number 6 figures from wave one to offer as an incentive for anyone backing this 2nd wave. This also happened a couple weeks ago, but they sold out before I could finalize my card payment.

Arrival-696x528.jpg

For anyone still on the fence (as I was until now), there's just one more week left to jump on these before the campaign ends!

Back