Playstation Vita Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vita price drop in Japan to 19, 980 yen for both WiFi and 3g models. That converts to about $215.

No set price confirmed for other regions yet.

No price cut for US any time soon
"No, it's not," Sony Worldwide Studios head Shuhei Yoshida told Joystiq, when asked if the Vita will see a price cut like the one just announced in Japan. Yoshida cited the exchange rate as a reason for the lack of price drop – an issue that has plagued Nintendo in recent earnings releases.

The first season of Telltale Games' fantabulous The Walking Dead will be released on the PlayStation Vita before the end of this year, IGN reports. "Wherever you're sitting, if you're in your living room and playing on your Vita or sitting at a cafe or at the bus stop and playing this, you get that shock or fright," PlayStation director of product planning Don Mesa told the site.

There is no information regarding when the Vita version will drop, or if it will be released episodically like its original release, or all at once as with its boxed edition. We've reached out to Telltale for more information and will update with anything we learn.

Square Enix Inc., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in the Americas, today announced that it will be releasing the HD remastered editions of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 in 2013 for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment and PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment systems.

"These games are classic fan-favorites, and we hope that new and old Final Fantasy fans can experience the world of Spira and the story of Tidus and Yuna in a brand-new light with these remastered editions," said Yoshinori Kitase, producer of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2.

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is a single disc bundle that will be available on the PlayStation 3 system. Final Fantasy X HD Remaster and Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster will be available for the PlayStation Vita system.

This morning, a rather interesting link from the ESRB’s website has been circulating. It appears that the Entertainment Software Rating Board has rated the Jak & Daxter Collection for PlayStation Vita.

The Jak & Daxter series was a well-known and popular commodity on PlayStation 2. Developed by Sony-owned developer Naughty Dog -- the studio previously responsible for Crash Bandicoot and since responsible for Uncharted and The Last of Us -- Jak & Daxter was one of a number of PlayStation-exclusive 3D platformers on PS2, along with the likes of Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper.

The Jak & Daxter Collection -- bundling together the Jak trilogy on PS2 -- launched on PlayStation 3 just over a year ago, and we loved it. While this isn’t an official confirmation that the game is coming (we’ve reached out to Sony to get just that), the ESRB rating the game is a fairly obvious sign that Jak & Daxter Collection for PS Vita is real.

When we hear back from Sony, we’ll let you know.

Vita desperately needs games. It's a great little machine that I'm glad to own, but man is it starved for software. I mostly use it to play retro games I've downloaded and that's a shame for such a cool device.

I'm gonna revive this thread. Has anybody else picked up Killzone:Mercenary yet? If not, you're missing out on one heck of a game. I forgot I had it on order until I received a shipping notice from Amazon. Man, this game looks incredible for being a portable game.
Controls are the only sleight I have with the game, which might just be a personal preference because I'm more accustomed to using a 360/PS3 controller with my games. Otherwise, this game has been fantastic so far (I haven't tried jumping in on the multiplayer yet).

Hoping to pick Killzone up in the next couple days. The multiplayer beta was fun but I sucked at it since it was annoying to keep backing out to try adjust the stick sensitivity to my liking and kept getting killed while trying to get used to the controls.

Also, saw Vita Madden on clearance at Target for $14. I bought that went it came out and enjoy it quite a bit.

Hoping to pick Killzone up in the next couple days. The multiplayer beta was fun but I sucked at it since it was annoying to keep backing out to try adjust the stick sensitivity to my liking and kept getting killed while trying to get used to the controls.

There's a huge software update for Killzone. It's over 1GB so plan accordingly. I decided to just replace the 4gb card with a 16gb for extra space.

I bought the actual game card for this. I have a 32 GB memory card but I just don't wanna use that much space on one game.

I don't blame you. Some of these games are real space hogs, and until the Vita memory card prices drop it's not the best use of space/funds to just buy everything digital on PSN.

~~On a better note it looks like us gringos in the "west" might just get a VitaTV someday. Apparently, the internet outcry has given Sony indication that they should reconsider releasing it worldwide. (I'm even considering importing one from Japan, I'm just waiting for someone else to do it and ensure compatibility before I waste $$ on an experiment).

That PS Vita TV sure is a neat little device, huh? The device is hitting Japan this November and will be released elsewhere in Asia next January. But what about the West?P

In a recent roundtable Kotaku attended at Sony's Tokyo headquarters, Masayasu Ito said, "Western gamers want [the PS Vita TV] more than we thought."P

Ito added that Sony was thinking about launching the PS Vita TV in the West, but Sony needed to first determine the best timing to release something like this. Ito noted that they might need to add new elements to the Vita TV. "For example," Ito continued, stressing he was speaking hypothetically, "cloud gaming."P

But if Sony does decide to release the Vita TV in the West, it needs to figure out the best approach, whether that's adding new features or launching as is. "We have to decide all of this before launching," Ito said.
https://kotaku.com/westerners-want-ps-vita-tv-more-than-sony-thought-1369802268/@lukeplunkett

Vita firmware version 3.00 is up with PS4 connectivity!

[ame]https://youtu.be/2fD7AV9Blys[/ame]

Wow, thats a great deal Natrix!

Im looking into buying a ps vita. I have a few questions if anyone can please help me out.

Im looking for one with wifi with the most gigs that it comes with; Is 3gb the highest they have?

I heard this also has GPS on it? Is this correct?

Can I convert video files to play on the ps vita?

And do they have connective ports? say if I want to connect my hard drive full of movies on it and want to play it on the vita, can I do that?

It also looks like theyre out of the 3gb ones. :(

The 3G you are talking about is mobile data not 3GB memory. The 3G/WiFi model is the only one with GPS.

You need to buy a memory chip separately. 4, 8, 16 or 32 GB to choose from. They are proprietary so they are more expensive than other memory chips. I would say you should get at least the 8 GB it's under $20 on Amazon.

You can convert videos to play on it.

The 3G you are talking about is mobile data not 3GB memory. The 3G/WiFi model is the only one with GPS.

You need to buy a memory chip separately. 4, 8, 16 or 32 GB to choose from. They are proprietary so they are more expensive than other memory chips. I would say you should get at least the 8 GB it's under $20 on Amazon.

You can convert videos to play on it.

Thanks for your help! :hi5:

Now does it need to say 3g/wifi on it to get gps or can it just say wifi in order to have gps?

no, the gps works on its own, wifi works on its own, 3g works on its own. the gps (program/app) can use the gps antenna or ip positioning from 3g or wifi to get its coordinates. if you dont have 3g then you cant use the gps (program/app) with that one connection type. the big thing that not having 3g does for you is to not let you be able to use the internet anywhere on the fly. if you have wifi you can connect to an access point for internet only.

Back