SDCC Crimson Cobra Commander: THE POLL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of Sideshow's choice of Crimson Cobra Commander?

• Total voters
LOTR had what 7 figures? We are on our way to beating that license too. :lol

Sideshow has a no-win situation...If they release a 'new' character, people would ^^^^^ that they couldn't get one. If they release a variant (In this case) and people ^^^^^ that SS is being money hungry & how dare they release this and so on.

I think the major issue is that a non-essential variant is understandable and expected, of course, but many Joe fans would prefer something that doesn't come completely out of left field, and has no basis in the comic book, cartoon, or vintage toys. Cobra Officer, Scar, comic troop, any of those would make more sense, and would garner much less vitriol I would bet.

Sideshow has a no-win situation...If they release a 'new' character, people would ^^^^^ that they couldn't get one. If they release a variant (In this case) and people ^^^^^ that SS is being money hungry & how dare they release this and so on.

But at least SS would make money from this selling out, and thats the nature of a business right? So who cared if people ^^^^^ed, SS would have still made its cash

Unless this edition size is low, this will not sell out, you can still buy Clonobi and that "sold out" months ago

As bad as the idea of Crimson CC is. Why couldnt they at least change the outfit and mask design to match the 3/4 toys. At least it would look like a different figure.

As bad as the idea of Crimson CC is. Why couldnt they at least change the outfit and mask design to match the 3/4 toys. At least it would look like a different figure.

All we have is a head shot - no telling what the outfit looks like yet. It could very well be a take on that costume.

hhe looks cool, but space is limited, and i'm already getting the blue hooded commander, so i don't need this one. if he had the chrome face sheild helmet, sure , but not this.

All we have is a head shot - no telling what the outfit looks like yet. It could very well be a take on that costume.

True, but how a bout the mask design? Couldnt have at least given him the mask design or at the very least the smaller size Cobra logo placed on the forehead, like I said just so it was different (Besides the color ofcourse).

The issue is that he is RED.

SSC only had two choices for the SDCC Ex. CC or SE. They weren't going to put out a new fig and they would never release a variant of a fig that will not be out until the third quarter. I would have liked a black CC, but I would rather have the crimson CC than a repaint of SE.

I actually like it, I mean, what I can see of it. ;)

I just got an E-mail notice about my Cobra Commander
Exclusive is scheduled to ship soon, so there's the problem:
do I really need two Commanders? The blue is obviously his
classic look and since it's the same figure (at least we think
it is) there's no reason for me to buy a variant. If the price
point was lower, I could see trying to be a completist, but
I just can't justify buying two of the same figure, just 'cause
he's red. :gun

Gonna amend my last post. depening on what this pack-in with him is, I MAY get one.

If it's his chromed helmet, then He's so frakking bought

depening on what this pack-in with him is, I MAY get one.

If it's his chromed helmet, then He's so frakking bought

It isn't the chromed helmet. Its something Dusty, not a huge GI Joe fan, found appealing.

Its probably a 1/6 scale puppy. :)

badass.jpg

so just becuase Dusty found it appealing that makes it not his helmet? i fail to see your logic sir. Unfortunately, you're probobly right about it NOT being his helmet. Perhaps it's a staff?

There's some speculation that it's his throne which is entirely possible although a bit too big to carry around during the rest of the Con. However she did say wasn't JUST a repaint and an (singular) extra. So with that it could be the throne... or anything. I'm thinking he'll also have a snake staff to go along with his candy apple cape.

Back