SDCC Crimson Cobra Commander: THE POLL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of Sideshow's choice of Crimson Cobra Commander?

• Total voters
Hmmmmm Britney Spears sells millions of albums, her music must be the best!!!

Not sure how that even relates... I never said it was the best figure and the "top" anything whether it is music, movies, books, etc. doesn't make any of them the best.

But your question was "what do you think about it", not will you buy it. And it's up to 16 now!

"What do I think about it"...I could care less about this offering. To me, i'm gonna guess this was a rush job to throw out a Joe exclusive for SDCC.... Regardless, I'm not going to buy it. I'd rather have the Bradstreet Hood and just wait for my Firefly and Destro.....

:confused: Josh, my point is that people are claiming that these Exclusive items apparently can't be something a lot of people would really want because "they are exclusives". And that's bull... because these things really are not all that hard to acquire. It's just another excuse....

Doesn't matter that folks not going can get it easy enough. Its still listed as a Con Ex and should not really be considered part of the normal line. Thats why SS opted not to do Kit Fisto over a repaint of Anakin with Sith Eyes. You can totally skip this CC and not have a whole in your collection. Again, Yes I know SS makes it quite easy to get items for NA but you don't make Zartan as a Con Ex because he's someone who should be considered part of the normal line over say a variant/different paint scheme CC (be it classic blue, black, or crimson).

If SS had announced Zartan or Storm Shadow as the Con Ex. No matter how easy it might be to get I'd be saying that was a huge mistake like you guys are with this. Me personally I'd rather see them do a figure like this as a Con Ex than say Classic Blue or Black versions of CC. Save those for down the line at somepoint.

the problem is that crap like this takes time and effort away from creating other Joes/cobras!!!!!

the rest of these arguments are just for fun.

the problem is that crap like this takes time and effort away from creating other Joes/cobras!!!!!

the rest of these arguments are just for fun.

I doubt it takes away anything from making other figures. It was probably made at the same time as the other CC. Its just a repaint so it didn't kill many resources.

Doesn't matter that folks not going can get it easy enough. Its still listed as a Con Ex and should not really be considered part of the normal line. Thats why SS opted not to do Kit Fisto over a repaint of Anakin with Sith Eyes. You can totally skip this CC and not have a hole in your collection.

Can you skip the stormtrooper Han & Luke, now that they have distinctive new sculpts, without having a hole?

The Josh said:
Me personally I'd rather see them do a figure like this as a Con Ex than say Classic Blue or Black versions of CC. Save those for down the line at somepoint.

I suppose they're preventing cancellations of the Bradstreet version by making it something few want. But, I think it does preclude the chance that there will ever be a classic blue one with a hood. They may do the domed mask in that blue, but the likelihood of a third hooded figure is low.

I doubt it takes away anything from making other figures. It was probably made at the same time as the other CC. Its just a repaint so it didn't kill many resources.

The head is a repaint, but changing the color of the costume would not be as simple.

This choice blows, no chance Ill get it, regardless of its cool accesory.

Like someone said, had this been 20 figures ito the line Id be fine with it, we have 4 figures so far and a wall, then this... Would have much prefered a trooper variant of some sort for army building. This is simply an easy cash grab for SS as they can still ding us for the trooper later on.

What's the opinion? I forgot to include a tampon joke. :lol

I'm indifferent. I don't like it but I don't hate it. I probably won't be picking it up unless there's some custom fodder I can get out of him. That said, I may poke fun at it, and why this particular version was chosen is still a big ":huh" (unless, as I suggested earlier, he's flanked by Crimson Guards TBA at SDCC), but overall, I don't care. More cash for Han and Luke. While it's "eh" to me, I understand why people hate it as well as those who love it and defending it as if they would take a bullet for the Cotex Commander. :lol

Hmmmmm Britney Spears sells millions of albums, her music must be the best!!!

William Hung went Platinum... :sick

That really depends. Sculpting no. But someone in design had to draw up the color scheme and color it. Factory resources absolutely as they're putting him together (or will be). Production resources too. Somebody had to paint the prototype and tailor an entire red uniform. Additionally, that's still speculation at this point as we don't know what/if changes were made to the uniform.

I'm indifferent. I don't like it but I don't hate it. I probably won't be picking it up unless there's some custom fodder I can get out of him. That said, I may poke fun at it, and why this particular version was chosen is still a big ":huh" (unless, as I suggested earlier, he's flanked by Crimson Guards TBA at SDCC), but overall, I don't care.

Crimson guards, hmmm never thought of that, would be cool, not getting my hopes up though

Can you skip the stormtrooper Han & Luke, now that they have distinctive new sculpts, without having a hole?

I could if I didn't like them yeah. Its not the essential versions of those characters

I suppose they're preventing cancellations of the Bradstreet version by making it something few want. But, I think it does preclude the chance that there will ever be a classic blue one with a hood. They may do the domed mask in that blue, but the likelihood of a third hooded figure is low.

They're doing that as well. It might prevent another hooded but if they do another at somepoint I'd want the helmet version anyways.

The head is a repaint, but changing the color of the costume would not be as simple.

Not gonna be that hard for them either.

That really depends. Sculpting no. But someone in design had to draw up the color scheme and color it. Factory resources absolutely as they're putting him together (or will be). Production resources too. Somebody had to paint the prototype and tailor an entire red uniform. Additionally, that's still speculation at this point as we don't know what/if changes were made to the uniform.

I don't think any of this was that difficult for SS. Especially since I'd be willing to wager most of the work was done when they did the first version.

Back