SDCC Crimson Cobra Commander: THE POLL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of Sideshow's choice of Crimson Cobra Commander?

• Total voters
I think it is dumb. I had no use for the red CC in the Senior Ranking Officers set, and I've got no use for this one.

People don't have a issue with variations, it's just Cobra Commander was never red untill some silly multipack crap.

A black outfit would have been more fitting to versions of CC from the past.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

QFTT

:rock

People don't have a issue with variations, it's just Cobra Commander was never red untill some silly multipack crap.

A black outfit would have been more fitting to versions of CC from the past.

:lecture

Yeah the crimson CC looks fine, but he holds no 'canon' value to me, its to random to justify a purchase.

Because Sideshow should probably wait before they're more then 4 measly figures into an entire line of hundreds of characters before resorting to such stunt tactics?

And like has been pointed out, if it just HAD to be a Cobra Commander repaint there were several much better options...

^^True, but it's just a Con exclusive and not a regular release, so I think they get a little bit of leeway and are able to "test the waters" a little bit and have some fun with it. Besides, imagine the complaining that would have occurred if a new Joe would have been announced as the exclusive instead of a simple repaint. I also think that "much better options" is subjective, because I'm just fine with CGCC.

^^True, but it's just a Con exclusive and not a regular release, so I think they get a little bit of leeway and are able to "test the waters" a little bit and have some fun with it. Besides, imagine the complaining that would have occurred if a new Joe would have been announced as the exclusive instead of a simple repaint.

Gawd, I am so tired of that excuse. :banghead

Sideshow's Con Exclusives are also made available to Non-Attendees to pre-order via their site and it's rare that anyone who really wants a Con Exclusive item (especially one from a major license) is not able to order it.

Seriously, guys... that dog ain't hunting. So stop it.

Attempting to deflect the blame to Hasbro (which, believe it or not, has already begun) makes more sense than the "but it's a Con Exclusive" excuse. :duh

Sideshow's Con Exclusives are also made available to Non-Attendees to pre-order via their site and it's rare that anyone who really wants a Con Exclusive item (especially one from a major license) is not able to order it.

Attempting to deflect the blame to Hasbro (which, believe it or not, has already begun) makes more sense than the "but it's a Con Exclusive" excuse. :duh

you don't have to yell at me:monkey2

:lol

Its not really an excuse though, very very very seldom are con exclusives 'muct have' figures. They tend to have low edition sizes and are there fore not highly demaned figures. Imagine if the con G I Joe exlusive was Destro and they only made 500 available.

So a lot of Con items are made available to those not going? Its still a Con Ex even if those not going can get it or not. Just because the folks at SS make enough for those not going to get one isn't a good enough reason for you to just knock it. So sorry Carl but your dog is Chinese food.

The comic style would've been the best choice, then black and the crimson. Guess I'm used to seeing this stuff a million times before with Joe so I think it's still an ok figure. He's colorful but an easy pass.

:lecture

Yeah the crimson CC looks fine, but he holds no 'canon' value to me, its to random to justify a purchase.

Same here. It's just not iconic enough for me to care. They really should have done the helmet version, it would have been an easy head change...instant sale. I might have to MAKE him one.

Same here. It's just not iconic enough for me to care. They really should have done the helmet version, it would have been an easy head change...instant sale. I might have to MAKE him one.

Now there you would have gotten the complaints about it being a con exclusive especially after all the cancallations would get of the reagualr commander and the complaints on those missed out when the servers melt.

I think if they were doing a variant with a low edition size, they might have atleast gone with one that people want. Unnecessary doesn't mean undesirable. They didn't make the Stormtrooper Han & Luke in Marvel comic colors did they?

Its not really an excuse though, very very very seldom are con exclusives 'muct have' figures. They tend to have low edition sizes and are there fore not highly demaned figures. Imagine if the con G I Joe exlusive was Destro and they only made 500 available.
We're not debating hypotheticals. We all know that would never happen. What I'm saying is that there is a difference between an Exclusive being a "Must Have" and one that a majority of the collectors of a line would actually want. Some of you seem to think they are one and the same and that an Ex item is either "must have" or an "easy pass" for most. No in-between. I don't get it.

So a lot of Con items are made available to those not going? Its still a Con Ex even if those not going can get it or not. Just because the folks at SS make enough for those not going to get one isn't a good enough reason for you to just knock it. So sorry Carl but your dog is Chinese food.
:confused: Josh, my point is that people are claiming that these Exclusive items apparently can't be something a lot of people would really want because "they are exclusives". And that's bull... because these things really are not all that hard to acquire. It's just another excuse....

A couple of years ago, the "these are hard to get" argument was valid. But Sideshow has made it easier than any other company to get their con exclusives. Other companies, that argument still applies. Hasbro or Mattel even, despite the fact they probably make at least double the amount of product available at the con than Sideshow. Its just that there are so many more of those collectors out there.

People are throwing a fit over the Wonder Twins being a Mattel SDCC exclusive with their Monkey. If that isn't a good choice for a con exclusive, I don't know what is. Sheesh!

We're not debating hypotheticals. We all know that would never happen. What I'm saying is that there is a difference between an Exclusive being a "Must Have" and one that a majority of the collectors of a line would actually want. Some of you seem to think they are one and the same and that an Ex item is either "must have" or an "easy pass" for most. No in-between. I don't get it.

:confused: Josh, my point is that people are claiming that these Exclusive items apparently can't be something a lot of people would really want because "they are exclusives". And that's bull... because these things really are not all that hard to acquire. It's just another excuse....

That all depends on how many they make, right? If they only make 150 of these, we both know they will sell out in minutes. If it's 1000+ we'll see them half off at spooktacular. The edition size it what is oing to make it a genuine "exclusive".

Back