Who will be the SDCC 2012 Sideshow Exclusive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will be this year's Sideshow Joe Exclusive at Comicon?

• Shockwave (repainted Beachhead with new gear)

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Shadow Guard (repainted Crimson Guard in black)

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Scrap Iron (repainted Viper EX with missle system)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Grunt (kitbash of Hawk, Duke and other Joes)

• Storm Shadow (urban camo Joe version)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Stinger Driver (repainted Cobra Officer in grey)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Hawk v1 (Blonde hair, no jacket, Stalker's sweater, helmet with visor)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desert Cobra Trooper (repainted Cobra Trooper)

• Another Ninja (boo!!!)

• None of the Above (Please post your ideas)

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To my knowledge, Falcon only came with a shotgun. :dunno
The AUG will most likely come with Baroness since the PF had one. But the standard AUG has been done to death in 1/6, I just ordered two different models this past week, yet the versions that are currently in use with modern militaries; the F88 Austeyr or the AUG A3 have yet to be seen. I hope Sideshow is aware of this and does a version of the AUG that hasn't been made yet.

Oops, not wanting to upset anyone here but the version i saw had an AUG with a sniper scope... could it be an international version produced for the UK?

The reason why i suggested a Mini-14 was that Falcon is a 1980's former Green Beret, that was the weapon of choice for an 80's ex-Green Beret :wink1:. Plus they already gave Flint a sawn off Remington Model 870, and i believe the one YoJoe says he comes with looks very much like a Harrington & Richardson Pardner pump action.

Nope, OG only came with a Remington, radio pack and survival knife. :dunno

If they're going to vary from the original and give him a primary over the shotgun, a CAR shorty or XM177 would be a far more appropriate choice than using an AUG. Also ARVN advisers had a BDU top that tucked in. Falcon's clearly isn't and looks like the standard BDU top, so standard Tigers would work fine.

I forgot the knife :panic:, should they go old school Randall or a Rambo-esque style survival knife?

Its pretty easy to pick up a set of tigers to switch if you chose to do so, but i'm not saying to give him exact ARVN bdu's more a version of them thats like the RAH figure wears.

Oops, not wanting to upset anyone here but the version i saw had an AUG with a sniper scope... could it be an international version produced for the UK?

Never heard of this. Where did you see it?

Are you sure it wasn't just the wrong weapon? Marauder Gun Gunners makes an AUG w/scope in 1/18 scale...

The reason why i suggested a Mini-14 was that Falcon is a 1980's former Green Beret, that was the weapon of choice for an 80's ex-Green Beret :wink1:. Plus they already gave Flint a sawn off Remington Model 870, and i believe the one YoJoe says he comes with looks very much like a Harrington & Richardson Pardner pump action.

I think you're mixing him up with someone else. :dunno

I think Sideshow will most likely just recycle Stalker's BDUs for Falcon. As for the primary, I'm not in agreement at all. The mini-14 was notoriously inaccurate and near impossible to shoot on full auto. A Carl Gustav or MP5 would've been a better choice. Otherwise, the weapon would've been the choice of the operator based on the mission parameters (likely an M16/M4 variant). :huh

Well, if they don't want to copy the SSC Flint's main Shotgun, a cool modern upgrade would be the Kel Tec KSG:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel_tec_KSG
I'd be more then happy with this. :D

Never heard of this. Where did you see it?

Are you sure it wasn't just the wrong weapon? Marauder Gun Gunners makes an AUG w/scope in 1/18 scale...

It was on Blood For The Baron website if i remember right. I just looked it up on YoJoe, it seems that Hasbro repackaged the V1 Falcon and gave him an AUG for a 1992 convention.

I think you're mixing him up with someone else. :dunno

I think Sideshow will most likely just recycle Stalker's BDUs for Falcon. As for the primary, I'm not in agreement at all. The mini-14 was notoriously inaccurate and near impossible to shoot on full auto. A Carl Gustav or MP5 would've been a better choice. Otherwise, the weapon would've been the choice of the operator based on the mission parameters (likely an M16/M4 variant). :huh

Yeah, the only figures that should be packaged with Mini-14s are 1980s A-Team characters (which would be awesome, btw).

Maybe he meant M-14?

It was on Blood For The Baron website if i remember right. I just looked it up on YoJoe, it seems that Hasbro repackaged the V1 Falcon and gave him an AUG for a 1992 convention.

Ah, those. Yes, I had forgotten about the early convention figures. Factory overstock, from what I understand. They came with some crap weapons - personally, I don't think they "count", since it seems like they just used whatever they had left over, with little to no thought put into the choices.

I don't think an AUG really suits him, to be quite honest. I think some kind of shotgun, pistol, and assault rifle (preferably something different this time) combo would be best. Backpack/radio with a big honking survival knife strapped to it would be terrific!

Could/would they model the face after Don Johnson? :)

Are we a month out from SDCC already? Yet no announcement? Am I jumping the gun in thinking we will not be seeing one and instead have to settle for a late july-August reveal?

Are we a month out from SDCC already? Yet no announcement? Am I jumping the gun in thinking we will not be seeing one and instead have to settle for a late july-August reveal?

There's a SDCC exclusive. But with Sideshow playing dumb, impossible expectations on the Facebook community I don't think we'll see an announcement until he's at the warehouse. So get funds in order. I have a feeling he may very well be an in-stock purchase. :monkey1

There's a SDCC exclusive. But with Sideshow playing dumb, impossible expectations on the Facebook community I don't think we'll see an announcement until he's at the warehouse. So get funds in order. I have a feeling he may very well be an in-stock purchase. :monkey1

You think so?
I dunno, think we get nothing this year seeing as last years is still in stock

^^^

What exactly do you mean by "in-stock purchase" Nam ?

Have money ready. I don't think he's gonna be a preorder. I think it'll be an in-stock purchase which'll mean you're billed immediately.

You think so?
I dunno, think we get nothing this year seeing as last years is still in stock

Which would be exactly why we're not getting a variant this year, but an original figure. :monkey1

Back