Who will be the SDCC 2012 Sideshow Exclusive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will be this year's Sideshow Joe Exclusive at Comicon?

• Shockwave (repainted Beachhead with new gear)

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Shadow Guard (repainted Crimson Guard in black)

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Scrap Iron (repainted Viper EX with missle system)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Grunt (kitbash of Hawk, Duke and other Joes)

• Storm Shadow (urban camo Joe version)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Stinger Driver (repainted Cobra Officer in grey)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Hawk v1 (Blonde hair, no jacket, Stalker's sweater, helmet with visor)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desert Cobra Trooper (repainted Cobra Trooper)

• Another Ninja (boo!!!)

• None of the Above (Please post your ideas)

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am actually sort of, like Teemu, of the mind that we may not be getting a GI Joe CC exclusive this year. That would be very disappointing for me.

And why didn't we get a CVI GI Joe exclusive?

I love Star Wars first, but the GI Joes are pressed frimly against the backsides of the Star Wars figures as far as how close a second they are in my book. And I feel that the Joe line deserves every exclusive that the Star Wars line does.

SOMEBODY is making the claim that there will be a Joe Exclusive

I don't want to be the one to spill the beans. It is someone on the JOE side of things.....

It is a new character.

A new clue....

He has a higher rank than many of the figures so far

Thinking Falcon or Outback

I know you said "new." But maybe a Hawk variant? or the Flint as Cobra Officer? Maybe Scarface (who'd be new and could have an updated Flint head!)? The both you listed are original releases who don't really fit their own established criteria for a con exclusive. :huh

Maybe a Hawk variant? Those're both original releases who don't really fit their own established criteria for a con exclusive. :huh

:dunno but He said its a new character

and starting to sound like its the character Khev hinted at

I welcome "new" characters as SDCC exclusives because they'll always be available it seems

Who is of HIGHER RANK than many of the figures we have so far thats a NEW character? Was Falcon even Ranked high? I don't remember

Who is of HIGHER RANK than many of the figures we have so far thats a NEW character? Was Falcon even Ranked high? I don't remember

Lieutenant. He's my second most wanted figure (after SB which MANDO took care of) which is why I kinda doubt Sideshow'd do him though. Wasn't Airborne also ranked pretty high? What year did he come out?

Some of the early Joes would be so easy create from existing Sideshow uniforms and gear. Apart from the bandana, Falcon and Flint aren't much different. That said, I'd hate for them to release someone like Falcon using all of Flint's (or the other Joes) gear. I'll be happy with whoever they release, but if it's Falcon and he comes with a more traditional Remington Tactical shotgun, a big @$$ knife, and his backpack w/ antenna, Ill be sold.

Also, and I know some of you guys will hate this, but I'm a little more partial to the Night Force version that came with Sneak Peak. It's the one I had as a kid so naturally that's how I remember him.

Rank on the Cartoon
As mentioned above, the Sunbow cartoon generally disregarded Joe rank. Otherwise, the first-season Joe team would have been led by Ace and Doc, with the next-ranking officers being Cutter and Steeler. Shipwreck would have outranked Beach Head, and Bazooka would have been giving orders to Alpine.

The various team members usually treated one another as equals, and leadership on a mission was more a matter of functionality and experience than official rank. The only Joes addressed by rank on the series were First Sergeant Hauser, Sergeant Slaughter, Lieutenant Falcon, and General Hawk, plus "colonels" Dial-Tone, Lifeline, and Shipwreck. (In their episode, Beachhead expressed surprise that the promotions had not gone to him, Roadblock, or Slip-Stream.)

G.I. Joe's leadership, as reported in "Arise, Serpentor, Arise" and "The Most Dangerous Thing in the World," had Hawk at the head of the team, followed by Duke, then Flint, and finally Beachhead and Sgt. Slaughter. In the absence of these, Scarlett, Ace, and Lady Jaye usually took the lead on their missions, and Stalker, Gung-Ho, Cover Girl, Cutter, Roadblock, Dusty, and Tollbooth also took on leadership roles at times. Shipwreck was not averse to shouting orders to his teammates, but he apparently never carried legitimate authority over anyone. In addition, Cutter sat next to Flint at Dusty's court-martial, and Slip-Stream, Wild Bill, and Admiral Ledger were alongside Hawk at Falcon's hearing. Admiral Ledger was in charge of the USS Flagg but seemed to be outside the Joe team itself, on par with Colonel Sharp.

That said, its FALCON- SDCC Exclusive

SOMEBODY is making the claim that there will be a Joe Exclusive

I don't want to be the one to spill the beans. It is someone on the JOE side of things.....

It is a new character.

A new clue....

He has a higher rank than many of the figures so far

Thinking Falcon or Outback

So where is the bolded statement coming from?

And Outback is an E-5, and if I remember correctly, most of the "rank and file" Joes were E-5 or E-6s.

EDIT: Correction, justdid some research, the Joes were mostly E-4s, with E-5 and E-6s sprinkled in.

Last edited:
So where is the bolded statement coming from?

And Outback is an E-5, and if I remember correctly, most of the "rank and file" Joes were E-5 or E-6s.

I'd rather have Outback

But Falcon is Higher Rank than him

He confirmed Falcon.....I am sure Khev could confirm this too

Well, if the bolded statemnt is true, it can't be Outback. As I mentioned Outback is an E-5, like most of the Joes.

Off the top of my head, the higher ranks are (and we have most of them already): Hawk (Brigadier General / Major General), Flint (Warrant Officer), and Duke (First Sergeant).

As mentioned, Falcon is a lieutenant. Leatherneck is a Marine Gunnery Sergeant.

If you want to combine rumors, Snow Job, who has been hinted at, is an E-6.

Back