SDCC Crimson Cobra Commander: THE POLL

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of Sideshow's choice of Crimson Cobra Commander?

• Total voters
I would just like to point out how disturbing it is to see Josh's dreaded multi-post in a GI Joe thread, signs we are headed into Star Wars section territory :(

I like it for the SDCC Ex. It puts a figure out there that some will buy, like myself, but at the same time its not a figure that you have to have. Would I have rather seen a black CC? Of course, but I'm glad it is not a new figure at the same time. I also think people should look at the positive for this figure and not the negitive, and that is if you don't like it, you now have more money for ones you do like.

This poll is based on one thumbnail pic, right?

Correct.....

cubbie-albums-fun-stuff-picture270-drama-queen.jpg

Nevertheless, easy or hard, it still ties up several resources to produce. That was my point. ;)

I doubt it tied them up much at all.

I would just like to point out how disturbing it is to see Josh's dreaded multi-post in a GI Joe thread, signs we are headed into Star Wars section territory :(

You can always put me on ignore. Then you'd never have to see them. Plus its a feature on the board. Where if I so choose I can reply to multiple posts all at once. I could have several posts in a row if that would make you feel better.

Gawd, I am so tired of that excuse. :banghead

Sideshow's Con Exclusives are also made available to Non-Attendees to pre-order via their site and it's rare that anyone who really wants a Con Exclusive item (especially one from a major license) is not able to order it.

Seriously, guys... that dog ain't hunting. So stop it.

Attempting to deflect the blame to Hasbro (which, believe it or not, has already begun) makes more sense than the "but it's a Con Exclusive" excuse. :duh

You're missing the point. Con exclusives are not only non-essential characters and almost always variants, but are also easier to develop and get into production. Because Sideshow has changed the way that con exclusives work and made them widely available, doesn't change the nature of the beast.

You're missing the point. Con exclusives are not only non-essential characters and almost always variants, but are also easier to develop and get into production. Because Sideshow has changed the way that con exclusives work and made them widely available, doesn't change the nature of the beast.

Okay... WHY NOT? Just because...??

was the trooper anounced in 2009? I'm just curious because this 3 to 4 a year just turned into 2 plus 2 varients (SDCC CC and red scarf trooper)

was the trooper anounced in 2009? I'm just curious because this 3 to 4 a year just turned into 2 plus 2 varients (SDCC CC and red scarf trooper)

The Cobra Trooper was announced in Dec. I believe. So yeah, we're already getting 6, assuming the Scarface Trooper is an actual production figure. 5 great, 1 not so great.

I have no problem with exclusive variants this one is just plain silly. Sure the red is a nice color doesn't change the stupidity of it. Had they just given him a black uniform or a light blue one. Or a cape instead of the coat. Or just done a variant of the trooper then it would have been fine. I'd still have passed on any variant of this Cobra Commander would have picked up a trooper variant though. Oh well it could have been worse we could have gotten a White Snake Eyes or something.

Oh yeah. Even though the people against it are vocal I have no doubts it'll sell well....that is also the Nature of the Beast. :lol

You can't count Scarface or "red scarf" trooper because he hasn't seen the light of day. Even though we've already got Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Cobra Trooper, Storm Shadow and a variant Cobra Commander so far. We've beaten Indy. :D

Back