Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I'm nit picking the film but I don't remember seeing a wrist computer on Noland when he first uncloaked. Did I miss it, was it there or did he use the cloaking/uncloaking without it?

considering they are hunting each other... cloaking from each other would be a priority too. Whether it's bending or masking the EM spectrum.

Wow. Some deep discussions here. The only thing I questioned was when was this crap fest going to end.

actually who's sending them to that planet? I thought it was the organization who got the predators canon in AVP2...

or maybe it's the Predators itself who took them and put them in the game?

So.. this is another Sci-Fi mystery... that an UFO is taking human to another planet to be hunted... :monkey1

considering they are hunting each other... cloaking from each other would be a priority too. Whether it's bending or masking the EM spectrum.

If light is bent off them like described in P2, IR spectrum isnt because IR needs to reach their eyes. Making the cloak against each other useless.
But since they said they ignored P2...

so, the ____ hit the fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually who's sending them to that planet? I thought it was the organization who got the predators canon in AVP2...

or maybe it's the Predators itself who took them and put them in the game?

So.. this is another Sci-Fi mystery... that an UFO is taking human to another planet to be hunted... :monkey1

:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:lol

The big plot-hole to me ... is naming a fiction plant on a alien planet, concluding its toxicity and I believe using it (or did he have some toxin stored somewhere with him prior to falling from the sky)

Uh just a suggestion, But with the cloaking thing, what if the "Classic" was on a different tech level, like so it bent different spectrum's than the other predators and their armor wasn't programmed to see it? Just a suggestion....

Just been thinking about this movie again after seeing it yesterday.
I mentioned I thought it was average and I still think that really. I did enjoy it and hope to see a sequel since I thought it blew avp and avp-r away but there was just to many things that bothered me in there.

It seemed every five minutes something was copying the original and I don't mean in a way they couldn't have avoided. A few tributes here and there ok but there seemed to be a ton of them from the way they shot certain parts to just blatant rip offs.
The special effects , they looked cheap to me. The cloaked effect looked better in the first movie and it's 23 years older and could have been improved upon I would think.
The special effects on the dogs were bad too I thought , funnily enough the one thing that looked the best to me was that huge alien that chased the doc and was shot and that was only there for a few seconds.

I did like Mr Black but not really the other two , it sounds stupid but to me it seemed they had no personality , they just tried to look cool. The original avp was the same imo although in avp-r I think they managed to give wolf some character despite it being the worst movie out of them all for me.

Didn't like the Falcon or the dogs , just seemed like they were cheating using them compared to the original predators imo. :dunno
I know they're supposed to be " super predators " so maybe they're allowed to do that but to me it just seemed cheap.

A few other things irritated me but not enough to make a big list out of. I will say I don't think Brody was miscast , I think he did a good job.
I need to see this again now I know what to expect.

I give the movie a 7 out of 10 but it has a lot of problems.

Any Predator fan will love the movie until they meet Noland. Once they meet him prepare yourself for rushed mediocrity.

In AVP atleast we knew they were a young group finding their right of passage. In this these guys are made out to be the bad of the bad (think 3 Wolf Predators hunting in a pack) but when they finally get face to face its Chopper all over again......

Why did we again have 3 Predators when two of them will have a combined 7 minutes of screen time????

Hanzo sword fight was the scene I was looking forward to the most and it was one of the worst sword fights I've ever seen. Actually I wouldn't really call it a sword fight, more like I'll run at you with a sword.....

Pred vs Pred is about as good as watching a 5th grader beat up a 3rd grader... They just didn't come off as skilled Predators, which is possibly because they have NO weapons in this movie.. Its wrist blade and plasma cannon and some human made booby traps. No spear, smart disc, net gun, shriekens, whip, mines, Nothing.

Mr. Black was the only Pred worth a damn but I'm not sure why they even gave him a different face since they didn't build up the face reveal or give you a good shot of it. The HOT TOYS pic that came out today looks better than what we got in the film.

Music was great, I loved a lot of the characters and the movie until they meet Noland is amazing. But anything revolving a Predator on screen was just disappointing. ____, Scar might of been able to handle these SUPER PREDS by himself.

In conclusion next time there are 4 Predators in a movie give us something worth while. If it wasn't for Royce and some of the characters this would of been AVPR bad.

:lectureSounds like my expectations are going to be met with this movie. I expect it to have no heart and to have too many holes, and it sounds like I'm going to be right. In about 2 hours I'll be seeing it, and then I'll let you know if I'm pissed for spending $12 to see it anyway.:slap

Why did we again have 3 Predators when two of them will have a combined 7 minutes of screen time????

Hanzo sword fight was the scene I was looking forward to the most and it was one of the worst sword fights I've ever seen. Actually I wouldn't really call it a sword fight, more like I'll run at you with a sword.....

Pred vs Pred is about as good as watching a 5th grader beat up a 3rd grader... They just didn't come off as skilled Predators, which is possibly because they have NO weapons in this movie.. Its wrist blade and plasma cannon and some human made booby traps. No spear, smart disc, net gun, shriekens, whip, mines, Nothing.

Agree:hi5:
the new predators have no skill. i watched Predator 2 again today, and P2 are so skillful!
If classic predator(not the new classic) team up with urban and wolf predator, the new type will be killed with ease!

Last edited:
i just watch
perhaps i expected it to turn out like AVP thats why I'm give it a 3/5 :D

AVP is like -5/+5

I'd heard good things about the sword fight. It was such a let down.

The weapons were to few and far between and I'm actually struggling to remember how most of the characters died. The only one which stood out was the guy whos skull was ripped out. Even that was too dark and a little underwhelming. The last 30 mins of this movie were a rush job and another predator helping a human and vice versa, ____ off with that ____.

Well, saw it last night, theater was packed...
Pleasantly surprised by the acting... a bit disappointed by the amount of Predators on-screen time...
Story line was pretty good, and most characters were solid, though there were quite a few plot-holes, but overall, a great movie, and a very refreshing addition to the franchise!
Loved the Falconer Pred, really cool character design.
Classic Pred's face was a bit disappointing, but not as bad as any of the AVP ones... :lol

Can't wait to see it again! :rock!! 8.5/10

seen the movie last night really enjoyed it.. it was a packed house every one was clapping at the end 8/10

every one was clapping at the end 8/10

Because if finished ?. :monkey3

Sorry couldn't resist. :lol

So , does anyone here think it's better than the original film ? , I know there are some people who like avp better than any other movies with predator in so it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back