Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bezerkerr I read through your post. I agree. The movie trailers was misleading and the movie itself simply failed to be original. Did not like the use of the score. Should have been more subtle trying to pay tributes and homages to Predator. Too much time trying to be a good sequel (which it failed at in my opinion) and not enough time spent trying to be it's own original film.

I like Predator 2 too. Wish PREDATORS would have taken a page outta that book and went in it's own direction while still being a good follow up film. I don't understand the need for RR to disclude Predator 2. Predator 2 was a 9/10 for me. Predator was a 10/10. And PREDATORS averaged with a 5/10 because it was simply that average.

Start based system
1.) Predator - 5 stars
2.) Predator 2 - 4 stars
3.) PREDATORS - 3 stars

Last edited:
No but at least pred 1, 2 and wolf all acted differently and had recognisable traits. Trust you to turn up and stir it.

I don't recall any of them really having any distinct personalities and am almost "LOL" confused as to why anyone would even say that other than to bemoan a movie without merit. I'll give you Wolf, but the others were the same Predator (played by the same actor) just in different environments. I'm not trying to stir ____ up. If you're just looking to post your opinion and expect people not to comment on it, go start a ____ing blog. This is a discussion forum.

Well yeah. The way he said "anytime" gave me goosebumps all over.

And in part two my jaw dropped in amazement with the "want some candy" line before killing Bill Paxton.

I take it your heart didn't skip a beat when Wolf put his hand on the dead Predator's mask in the beginning and gave him a moment of silence? I actually thought that was pretty cool

Yea feel free to express your opinion but you have absolutely no tact. You've always been the same. Some people on this board annoy but then I find I can usually carry on and respect what they say but I've seen so many posts where you have belittled people because you are so high and mighty. Well done sir you really are the dogs bullocks aren't you.

Yea feel free to express your opinion but you have absolutely no tact. You've always been the same. Some people on this board annoy but then I find I can usually carry on and respect what they say but I've seen so many posts where you have belittled people because you are so high and mighty. Well done sir you really are the dogs bullocks aren't you.

I just don't sugarcoat bull____ with handjobs. You want that, go hit up a massage parlor in Chinatown. And while you've certainly managed to lower yourself to petty personal insults, which I have not, mind you, you've more than failed to elaborate on your point about the Predators' distinctive personalities. Attacking me personally, is not an explanation. :lol

No because some people have done it for me. What's the point you'd only argue the toss anyway. Do me a favour and ignore my posts in future and I'll ignore yours. Thanks

The ignore feature works great for me. What a waste the thread has suddenly become. Not worth the time for people to continue banter rather than discuss the topic. Goodbye.

I just don't sugarcoat bull____ with handjobs. You want that, go hit up a massage parlor in Chinatown. And while you've certainly managed to lower yourself to petty personal insults, which I have not, mind you, you've more than failed to elaborate on your point about the Predators' distinctive personalities. Attacking me personally, is not an explanation. :lol

The creature's personality is in the body-movement, only Kevin Peter Hall was able to capture it. Predators not played by Kevin Peter Hall have no personality.

The creature's personality is in the body-movement, only Kevin Peter Hall was able to capture it. Predators not played by Kevin Peter Hall have no personality.

So by that rational, P1 and P2 have the same personality, not different personalities which is what AH was arguing. I seriously think nitpicking a film based on creature movement and the "personalities" of vehicles meant for no other reason than plot movement, to establish your main foundation of hating it is like looking for lice on a yak. It almost seems like some people went in looking for reasons to hate this movie. To me, that's lame.

Damn son just got back from this and alls I gots to say is Mr. Black is one baddass mother____er!

I also have a rant.... can we let at least one Predator from these movies survive?... why do they all have to ____ing die?

True.
The Preds in AVP moved with the grace of WWF steroid thugs.

So by that rational, P1 and P2 have the same personality, not different personalities which is what AH was arguing. I seriously think nitpicking a film based on creature movement and the "personalities" of vehicles meant for no other reason than plot movement, to establish your main foundation of hating it is like looking for lice on a yak. It almost seems like some people went in looking for reasons to hate this movie. To me, that's lame.

Agreed... that and the fact that not every single human moves the same way so why should the yatja....

Where do you get these analogy's?? Lice on a Yak :rotfl

And your right seems there are alot of nit pickers, just say its ____ and move on

I agree, I remember seeing a clip of Stan Winston talking about how Kevin was practising walking. How would a Predator walk, his movements. Everything should been throught of before the movie was made.

I don't know man. When the normal Predator pressed those buttons on his wrist thingy I thought he really captured the personality of Kevin Peter Hall's finger movements. It was awesome!:rotfl

Have we not established that those guys were teenagers and lacked the stealthy movements of their p1/p2 brethens? :nana:

I dont know, have you?
I dont sit around habitually clicking refresh on this thread to see what youve deemed as canon or not :nana:

Alright, clearly people can't discussed this in a civilized manner so you won't discuss it all, hope it was worth it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back