Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True but I think it is a thing of honor to not go for a cheap kill. I noticed an interesting thing this morning too. I watched the original again before catching this one and realized that the first Pred kill was when Hawkins went after the girl. It looked like he was attacking her.

Until then the pred had not attacked and after Hawkins died the team fired on the Pred then he started picking them off.

Wonder if he would have ever attacked if Hawkins let the gal go :duno

I thought that too :lol But - it didn't say how long a season was and as soon as Royce and the lady were done fighting - another crop of prey were being drop-shipped in. So seasons could be less than a year.

Well it would have been a pretty boring movie if that happend

Not great, but okay. After meeting Noland I couldn't get past that for being there 10 years and surviving he was so fat.

I know, he looked really bloated. I guess it was something in the water, huh?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

drunkjedi03 said:
all i'll say is people liked and/or have bought AVP2

fans are fans

critics are critics

this is a predator movie, i can't imagine anything but a pretty cool movie regardless of any amazing writing or story.

I kind of agree with this!

He looked kind of old, some older people just tend to be fatter.
Yeah, but he was a predator. I could see him lounging around, but not when he's trying to survive.

I thought that too :lol But - it didn't say how long a season was and as soon as Royce and the lady were done fighting - another crop of prey were being drop-shipped in. So seasons could be less than a year.
Could be.

I know, he looked really bloated. I guess it was something in the water, huh?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Figured he was eating something more than soup and water.

Just got back from seeing it earlier. I thought it rocked. Certainly better than the last 2 movies. I appreciated all the nods to the first movie, and thought the Predators were pretty badass.

Did it bother anybody else the Noland un-cloaked by simply taking off his mask? I didn't notice a wrist computer on him and the other preds have been consistent with using their wrist computer to cloak/un-cloak at some point.

Did it bother anybody else the Noland un-cloaked by simply taking off his mask? I didn't notice a wrist computer on him and the other preds have been consistent with using their wrist computer to cloak/un-cloak at some point.

He had one. You barely see it, but I remember seeing a gauntlet on his left arm. He didn't use it to turn off the cloak though.

I've always wondered why those Guatemalan Guerilla's used that jungle as a campout and were never bothered by the P1. I guess we're just to assume they weren't worthy enough?

I thought about that too and wondered if the P1 picked some of the guerilla's off from time to time.

OK, I'm going to see it again this weekend so I'll look for it.

I won't see it again until it's out on BR.

Just to add some more to Noland; what a waste of a character.
Would have loved to hear more about what he has seen.

Awful film. Whoever thought that big beaked guy made a good lead clearly had ____ in their eyes when they picked him. Cant believe Classic Pred got owned so badly. Noland was a waste of space but i like Me Black's look and cant wait for Hot Toys version. 6/10

So, just saw the movie, and I have to say I didn't hate it. Like some have said here, it is a great movie up until they find Noland. After that, things just don't make any sense. We finally see the Super Preds in action, but two of them Chopper out early. Considering how evolved they were supposed to have gotten as hunters, they sure got taken out way too easily.

I loved all the human characters. The Preds only existed in this movie to give them something to worry about.

The Falconer/ Hanzo sword fight was not only lame, but totally unbelievable. It made Falconer look so weak, and thereby made all of the Super Preds looks stupid and inferior to P1. And the double kill had such a blue-balls effect on that sword fight.

Thankfully, Black's face reveal was brief (and totally pointless). He looked cool on screen with the helmet on. But why was he not bleeding from the chest in later scenes after Stans had stabbed him repeatedly?

Live spinal ripping scene was the best!

Noland's character was so friggin' cool and should have been the savior of the group, having survived ten hunting seasons and turning a little crazy, but instead does something totally stupid by his own standards, and then simply gets blown away. What a waste of a potentially awesome character. I would have loved a Hot Toys figure of him, but now I don't care.

Noland's explanation of how and why the Super Preds are different and hunting the Classic Preds was actually acceptable. But the Supers were no bigger than the Classic, and none of them were as big as P1/P2. WTF?!

Did you guys know that Jason Voorhees (Derek Mears) played the Classic Pred in this? That's kinda cool.

Last edited:

This is over nitpicking. If you watch P1, the predator uncloaked NOT using his wrist comp either, when he jumped the tree and made his first visible appearance, with Dillon looking at him confused as hell.

I won't see it again until it's out on BR.

Just to add some more to Noland; what a waste of a character.
Would have loved to hear more about what he has seen.

Me too! I wish there was more time for a flash back scene or more details about what Noland had been through and what he's done in the 10 seasons. It would have slowed the scene down more so I understand why it wasn't in the movie but maybe on an extended director's cut.

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is over nitpicking. If you watch P1, the predator uncloaked NOT using his wrist comp either, when he jumped the tree and made his first visible appearance, with Dillon looking at him confused as hell.

Right but your talking about the pred who knows the technology inside and out and not a guy who had to figure it out on his own after killing a pred and scavaging the technology. I know, it's a minor thing but it just stood out to me - no big deal!

Yeah Morpheus was a waste of space. It would've been cool if he was the one that saved them by either kicking Predator ass or by sacrificing himself and taking one of them out with him.

~~The sword fight was cool, but the double kill was stupid. Should've had one of them win even if they were badly wounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back