Q&A with Howard Chan (Hot Toys) @ACGHHK by Mark Osr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take the point you are making.. now consider the difference between Big Chief's profits.. and Hot Toy's today....

Okay look. All the arguments about HT going where the profit is are perfectly understood but they don't calm anyone down when they are reiterated time and time again. Its self-evident. There wouldn't be a relentless onslaught of IM figures if they weren't selling. Its not a point that needs to be made.

But let those who want other figures complain. Fair enough, they shouldn't do it in IM threads but elsewhere it ought to be perfectly OK. If no one ever complains HT literally will not make anything else, why would they bother. HT needs to know, by way of complaining on forums and the spread of those complaints to facebook and so on that there are collectors waiting for other licenses - some of which used to be HT main bread and butter and put them on the map before all this IM hoopla.

this whole thing reminds me of an analogy i heard before from a girl friend of mine. one super model chick walks into a room, she gets every ones attention and everyone knows it, but none of the other girls like it. iron man is the hot chick. we all know iron man is the hot chick, it gets all the attention and deservedly so, but doesn't mean we have to like it.

Okay look. All the arguments about HT going where the profit is are perfectly understood but they don't calm anyone down when they are reiterated time and time again. Its self-evident. There wouldn't be a relentless onslaught of IM figures if they weren't selling. Its not a point that needs to be made.

But let those who want other figures complain. Fair enough, they shouldn't do it in IM threads but elsewhere it ought to be perfectly OK. If no one ever complains HT literally will not make anything else, why would they bother. HT needs to know, by way of complaining on forums and the spread of those complaints to facebook and so on that there are collectors waiting for other licenses - some of which used to be HT main bread and butter and put them on the map before all this IM hoopla.

I agree.. and I think that because of the proliferation of figures from IM3, sales of individual suits will drop.. because most people will be more choosy due to the cost (I would predict this to also lead to an almighty dog fight behind the scenes, between HT and PI).
So I would expect some other licenses to be getting more love as a result.. however I still believe some licenses are very long term projects, without a cinematic reboot.
Prometheus was also a sharp reminder to manufacturers that big licenses can still flop when they hit the toy market.. Where's my Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite figure, Howard?!.. Howard?.. where'd he go?.. :lol

What fans do not get to see is the commercial reaction to development announcements.. or the actual numbers generated by long term, pre-order options.. both would have important impacts on actual release dates.
As someone else pointed out, HT don't often cancel figures.. they just get trapped in 'development hell' if the finances don't stack up.

this whole thing reminds me of an analogy i heard before from a girl friend of mine. one super model chick walks into a room, she gets every ones attention and everyone knows it, but none of the other girls like it. iron man is the hot chick. we all know iron man is the hot chick, it gets all the attention and deservedly so, but doesn't mean we have to like it.

I don't think Iron Man's the hot chick. The slutty drunk one who's been pounding ecstasy and singing off-key to the songs all night, maybe.

I don't think Iron Man's the hot chick. The slutty drunk one who's been pounding ecstasy and singing off-key to the songs all night, maybe.

I don't really care about any Iron Man Hot Toys stuff...but I've always liked that kinda chick...

:D :naughty

Nah, man. The quality chick who you can talk to about anything for more than five minutes -- that's what we need from Hot Toys right now. We've been waiting for someone like her for years. Her name is... Batman Returns. Occasionally she goes by BTTF.

Nah, man. The quality chick who you can talk to about anything for more than five minutes -- that's what we need from Hot Toys right now. We've been waiting for someone like her for years. Her name is... Trinity, Neytiri, Ripley, Vasquez, Chacon, Tank Girl, Judge Anderson.. Mystique..

Fixed for ya! :)

and then you have these kind of posts...awesome!

Sad actually since you are the one who posted this:
Never understood why people care so much about what a movie makes and critic reviews or really any reviews. We each have to just judge these things for ourselves. Any kind of art, we all have our own tastes.
... yet obviously do not understand such a simple fact that if there wasn't any conflict you wouldn't sat where you at right now and even thinking about buying collectibles.

LoL :lol

pretty much everything.

Just sometimes people seem so miserable.:(

Actually I am pretty miserable at the moment. I've had a $h!tty year. But rather than complain about that on here I'd rather vent about toy delays and HT obsession with Iron Man. Keeping it light. :wink1:

Actually I am pretty miserable at the moment. I've had a $h!tty year. But rather than complain about that on here I'd rather vent about toy delays and HT obsession with Iron Man. Keeping it light. :wink1:

:grouphug

Back