Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing i didn't like about the movie was the two species of predators thing - does anyone know if this has been in comic books or any other media before? i wouldn't have minded if it was 2 clans, but 2 species didn't quite sit right with me.

also, which of the 3 pred designs did you like most? my personal fave would have to be the falconer. mr. black reminded me of the AVP preds a little, and the tusked one must be the reincarnation of the boar that mac killed back in 87 :lol

They are more like differences in tribes/sub-species/or race.... than being another species entirely

Well like CelticP mentioned before, the original concept (from the leaked script) was that these WERE normal.. let's say "Stan Winston" style Predators. But after altering their own DNA (Yeah I know.. :lol) or something equally stupid, they became different. So it wasn't natural. But I guess somewhere along the line that whole element got dumped from the movie!? Which makes their appearance even more confusing.. but according to people who've seen it, you really don't get to see much of their appearance so that's another element dumped from the movie which leaves people who see the new design now (Figures/Leaked Stills) just as confused.

Fishburne at some point explains how the big ones hunt even the smaller tribes. No mention of gene altering tho.

Fishburne at some point explains how they big ones hunt even the smaller tribes. No mention of gene altering tho.

I read a spoiler about that. Found it kinda funny, just because the "Black" Predators are supposed to be bigger than the original ones but they're actually ALL smaller than KPH. :wink1:

No seriously, this is gonna ruin it for everyone but it's the truth. The reason why the "Black" Predators are supposed to be bigger (within the movie) is because...

They're actually ALL Female Predators.

I saw the movie last night and there are obvious references and it pays tribute to the first predator film I was expecting more than what I got.

it was an interesting film and had its highlights for sure but given the acting talent on show :dunno

the new predator looked good on film so will be interesting to see how the hot toys figures look, outside of what we have already seen :yess:

Reflects the many human conflicts.... all because of race...

:offtopic:

There is no race among humans, scientists have declared that there isn't enough genetic variation among humans. Race is a cultural thing among humans not biological. For example a smal group of chimps have more genetic variation than the whole human population combined.

Last edited:
There are no real biological borders to the percentage difference in genetics between two ethnic groups which tell you to wether consider these two groups races or not. The term race has lost its de facto in science terminology, in anthropology at least. This thing is arguable.

So in every day speech you can still refer to human races.

:offtopic:

There is no race among humans, scientists have declared that there isn't enough genetic variation among humans. Race is a cultural thing among humans not biological. For example a smal group of chimps have more genetic variation than the whole human population combined.

Actually with the few individuals that have their genome completely sequenced, it is still to early to determine the variation between individuals or between races... it is clear however that there are evidence that variation can be trace to geographical location.

There is variation and there is polymorphism... there is coding and non coding regions. Variation is a rather large context (as there are many factors to be considered) to be used to compare one species to another. For example, dogs because of selective breeding by humans, I believe, is a good model for very high genetic "variation" of a species.

Wolf and dog comparison.... Well, Great Dane breed is far larger than any present day Wolves.

Saw the film last night at a midnight showing and really enjoyed it. There were some twists and turns and I thought overall it was a great movie. It did have some slow spots but there are some things revealed during these times that I found interesting so I didn't have a problem with that. I think it was better than P2 and I'm going again today to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back