Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you can do fine with that formula as long as the humans are interesting and you actually end up caring for a few. That's been the issue plauging the AVP films, every human in them has been expendable, you almost root for them to die, there's no one you care to see get out. If you can't care about the human characters the movie's going to suck because most of the time, 70% or more of the film is spent with them.

That's why McTiernan's and Cameron's additions to the franchises still endure to this day. We give a ____ about Dutch, Hudson, Mac, Hicks etc. Character and story first. Everything falls into place after that.

Even Alien 3 and Predator 2 had characters to care about, I felt, there were ones I liked and rooted to live in them, but from Alien 4 on, I never cared about anyone.

And you can do fine with that formula as long as the humans are interesting and you actually end up caring for a few. That's been the issue plauging the AVP films, every human in them has been expendable, you almost root for them to die, there's no one you care to see get out. If you can't care about the human characters the movie's going to suck because most of the time, 70% or more of the film is spent with them.

Agreed.

And to add to that; it's all about the writing. If it sucks at the writing phase, it's almost bound to disappoint. It doesn't matter how it's executed.

The problem all movie franchises has it that all the love has been put into the making of the original and possible sequel, if the first is a success. After those make a few bucks more than the production cost or at least break even, it's all about pumping out one after another in order to cash in.

I'm not a fan of the AvP films. They both look like hurried efforts, and are more of a "cooooolllllll," factor for the kids. Hence the PG-13 rating.

In a Predator film, you should feel the need to run because this son-of- a-b___h is here to collect your godd__n skull for a wall mount.

But that's just me.

Even Alien 3 and Predator 2 had characters to care about, I felt, there were ones I liked and rooted to live in them, but from Alien 4 on, I never cared about anyone.

The only characters I cared about in Alien3, were Hicks, Newt, Bishop, and Ripley, and we all know what happened there. That is why I hate Alien3.
Same goes for Terminator 3. I never believed that Nick Stahl was John Connor, Sarah Connor was dead, Katherine Brewster was annoying, the T-850 was a parody of the second T-800, and the TX was not intimidating at all.

So the Characters better be good in Predators

Congrats Dino ! , for the 2968th post you've won an Alien 3 poster !.
I know how much you love the movie. :lol

Last edited:
Same goes for Terminator 3. I never believed that Nick Stahl was John Connor, Sarah Connor was dead, Katherine Brewster was annoying, the T-850 was a parody of the second T-800, and the TX was not intimidating at all.

So the Characters better be good in Predators

Sarah Connor suddenly dead from leukemia!? I know! That was bulls__t at the height of its powers. And Nick Stahl? WTF? They couldn't have picked anyone that looked less like Eddy Furlong in the universe.

However, they tried for Eddy, but apparently he was coked-out somewhere in Cali. It's too bad, really.

Yay ! The Falconer uncloacking ! And a ninjafight with the yakuza guy ! :D

I'm really trying to keep my enthusiasm for this film in check as I don't want to be dissapointed like AVP2...........but it's damn hard,It's starting to look very cool indeed,going opening night for sure.
Kindest regards
Tys

Jawbone dude: Black Super Predator / Mr. Black / Berserker

Falcon / birdbeak bio dude: Falconer / Plow

Tusked dude: Dog-Handler / Flusher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back