Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The classic looks good. Hard to say for the others. Can't wait for more pics!

I agree 100000% with Dev. They look cartoony as hell. The green is terrible. It ruins the figure so much.

finished reading the script and played through the trailer back and forth in the process to attempt in picturing the entire film as much as possible, and I'm pretty impressed. I'm very curious to how the ending is gonna be though...

Not trying to sound 'mod-ish', but the NECA figures discussion doesn't need to be in two threads at once.

Let's save this thread for the movie.

The problem with the movie designs for the new Preds, is the lack of netting and leg armor. They just look like Ninja Turtles

The problem with the movie designs for the new Preds, is the lack of netting and leg armor. They just look like Ninja Turtles

Simple, they don't need that crap, they are enhanced predators...they can take more punishment than any other predator.

Yeah but they still lose some of the allure. Part of what made Predator so much cooler than other movie monsters was the technology, it wasn't just some animal trying to eat you, it was intelligent with superior alien weapons. Just the visual impact of seeing something walking around, that wasn't human with all that equipment, was frightening.

These Predators seem to have a very organic and low-tech look to them, doesn't have the same feel

I imagine they will fight in a completely different way with more hand to hand combat

Yeah, the original Predator had some great weaponry and looked armed to kick ass, but at the same time, had the balls to ditch his weapons and take someone on hand to hand, he seemed lethal on any possible level.

Well, this time its a different clan and with home planet advantage. (Not actually home planet though, but you get the point.)
I dont mind how Mr. Blacks body looks. I just dont like his face :yuck

As you shouldnt. :lol]

There was no way the face was going to look good with the description "Think, Predator gone horribly, horribly wrong. "

36106_132599160095360_1283369371882.jpg

The more I see them , the less I like them :nono:nono
Seriously, They moved away too much of the original concept /design ..and they do,nt longer look predators.

Like others folks have said before, my first thoughts were "Ninja Turtles" "power ranger monsters" or any other monster of a B Movie or Tv show :slap ..... I,m very, very disappointing

I've been collecting most of the HT predators released to date... but, sorry...definitely I.ll pass this time :pfft:

LoL it says 'Ages 17+' :lol

As far as the Hot Toys figures, these Preds will just be fixer uppers. A little netting, some armor, swap the Bio Mask and a couple of shurikens. Its doable :monkey3

Well the preds looked fine in the trailer though you couldnt see much of them. I've never liked Nica figures that much, so Im not panicing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back