Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are saying that everyone hated the other two movies. There are some that did like them and felt they were fine.

QFT.

I didn't think they were cinematic masterpieces, but anything with Aliens/Predator in gets a win.

Looks great! I was skeptical but now I am looking forward to it. I really like that pred hunting animal!

You are saying that everyone hated the other two movies. There are some that did like them and felt they were fine.

QFT.

I didn't think they were cinematic masterpieces, but anything with Aliens/Predator in gets a win.

Yeah , they're ok for a bit of entertainment but come on , this is alien and predator, those movies could have been so much more.

QFT.

Someone actually recognizes my awesomeness!!!! Thank you good sir for not being blinded and joining the bandwagon.
AVP should have never been set on Earth in the early 21st century.
That was it's first Fail of many.

I agree, it should have been set some other time, like Vietnam War or something.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the fundemental flaw in the AVP films was poor writing and performance of the human leads. Uninteresting characters portrayed where you could care less if they live or die is just bad for any movie. That's why I'm a little more confident about Fishburn and Brody being in this movie, other than Topher I don't really recognize anyone else from other roles, but at least those two, in anything I've seen them do, they can be compelling and interesting and make you care what happens to them. For this movie to be good in my eyes, there has to be at least 1 person you hope survives it all, like Dutch or Harrigan, or Ripey and Hicks. If everyone is expendable, that's just a waste.

I admit the humans were lame, but the Predators and Aliens were cool. I liked their designs and how they were portrayed. That was enough to compensate for the movies' flaws.

They made the creature scenes enjoyable, but overall, watching the AVP movies for me is a bit like watching Godzilla films, my mind wanders while the human stuff goes on and I just sit waiting for the creatures. When more than 50% of the movie is following the humans, you have to make them worthwhile to watch.

Someone actually recognizes my awesomeness!!!! Thank you good sir for not being blinded and joining the bandwagon.

Your avatar makes your viewpoints very agreeable! :rotfl

I admit the humans were lame, but the Predators and Aliens were cool. I liked their designs and how they were portrayed. That was enough to compensate for the movies' flaws.

Again, have to agree. It's like to going to a nice restaurant; there might be a screaming baby, but the food tastes delicious.

They made the creature scenes enjoyable, but overall, watching the AVP movies for me is a bit like watching Godzilla films, my mind wanders while the human stuff goes on and I just sit waiting for the creatures. When more than 50% of the movie is following the humans, you have to make them worthwhile to watch.

I like Godzilla though! :(

AVP should have never been set on Earth in the early 21st century.
That was it's first Fail of many.

Agreed. I don't know why they didn't just use the original comic as a basis. Well, I do know, mass appeal and all, but I'd rather not dwell on that!

I like Godzilla though! :(

I love Godzilla, but some of the movies are so-so because the human portion isn't very good and you just want to fast forward to the big guy kicking ass. Same for me with AVP films, I really like the Wolf and if somehow I could cleanly cut AVPR to just the creature scenes and make some sort of short film out of it, that would rock. It's stuff like the cheesy loser high school kid making it with the hotty who's always dreamed of him crap that just ruins it, it's not interesting, it gets boring, lame and at times very cliche, especially at the points in AVPR where it felt almost like a shot for short replication of the other Alien and Predator films.

Again, have to agree. It's like to going to a nice restaurant; there might be a screaming baby, but the food tastes delicious.

That's exactly the thing though , that baby never had to be crying if they would have had a better idea of what to do.

Exactly, you could just have a fantastic delcious meal without having to tough it out if they never brought the screaming brat in the first place :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back