Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused why babies are being used to compare to Aliens and predator films....kind of the opposite you'd expect. Innocent little monsters compared to films on Evil killing monsters.

I actually enjoyed the first AVP. It was very flawed, but had the right ideas going for it. AVP:R was a real steaming turd though.

I actually enjoyed the first AVP. It was very flawed, but had the right ideas going for it. AVP:R was a real steaming turd though.

I agree there although some people seem to prefer avp-r which I've never reallly been able to understand unless it was simply for the creature designs. Hopefully this new predators movie will make us forget about them both. :D

I agree there although some people seem to prefer avp-r which I've never reallly been able to understand unless it was simply for the creature designs. Hopefully this new predators movie will make us forget about them both. :D

I bet it will. I am confident I will like it and that everyone will like it, even CelticP.

Uh no...I'm asking him where he got the idea that they're riding alien horses.

Watch the trailer or clip very closely. You will see a flash of a Predator on one of those things you see the drawings of (you can see its head in the lower part of the frame). Sure looks like he's riding it to me.

I love Godzilla, but some of the movies are so-so because the human portion isn't very good and you just want to fast forward to the big guy kicking ass. Same for me with AVP films, I really like the Wolf and if somehow I could cleanly cut AVPR to just the creature scenes and make some sort of short film out of it, that would rock. It's stuff like the cheesy loser high school kid making it with the hotty who's always dreamed of him crap that just ruins it, it's not interesting, it gets boring, lame and at times very cliche, especially at the points in AVPR where it felt almost like a shot for short replication of the other Alien and Predator films.

GODZILLA Rules!!! The best scenes of humans is when the Big G is stomping on them.

Uh, sorry, I forgot this was a Pred thread. I'll get back on that topic.
I'm getting excited about this flick.

Watch the trailer or clip very closely. You will see a flash of a Predator on one of those things you see the drawings of (you can see its head in the lower part of the frame). Sure looks like he's riding it to me.

Do you mean towards the end ?. If so hes not riding it but crouched down next to it. I took a screenshot.

predcrouch.png

I'm not a big fan of that mask from what I can see. Looks like something out of power rangers to me. Need better pics though.

the sneek peek looks awesome. i think were AVPr went wrong was it wasnt a big production and a bigger story, Ya always gotta go bigger and better, and PREDATORS LOOKS AWESOME!

No, it's not riding it.

They're the Pred version of a hunting dog.

They're not big enough to ride.

Here's the pic from the teaser I was referring to. I sure thought he was riding it. But OK, maybe its a dog.

predride.jpg

Yes uscmhicks, I just saw your post.

I guess I can swallow Predahounds more than Predahorses.

Last edited:
Well, finally just saw the sneak clip...and...not bad.

Looks like Rodriguez is giving it the same tone as the original which is cool.
As he says himself, you can't compete with Schwarzenegger, so just go in another direction.

The clip did it's job for me...I want to see more.

Well the wait shouldn't be much longer, for a little more anyway, supposed to be a trailer this Thursday.

I have no love for the AVP series, but I appreciate that they gave me Celtic and Wolf. I like those two. I do wish that Celtic didn't get whooped by an alien like that. Would have preferred him as the hero of the film and him not getting facehugged like Scar did.

Since we have this new tribe of Super Predators that are rogues and possibly don't adhere to the normal rules of honor that we've seen displayed by the Predators from the previous film and they have a normal Predator captured, I'd love it if the normal Predators came down and kicked the crap out of the super ones in the end allowing a couple of the humans to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back