Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PREDATORS has an official release date: July 9, 2010

I'm one of those people who enjoyed Alien 3....But I'll say it again, anything Predator related after 1987 is pure caca.

me, too. I'm actually stoked! because for 1, there's a chance the movie will be some what decent compared to AVP and AVPR.. 2, we hopefully get to see new designs of Predators, possibly even new weapons,etc.. 3, we get to HOPEFULLY see Predators actually WIN this time around... 4, we can hope it's not PG-13 and see blood and heads being chopped off! haha.. 5, HOT TOYS will make new PREDATORS!! YEAH BOY! Come on, fellas... Lets have some hope here.

more gore, more weapons, more cool pred moves... exactly. because that's all there is to the pred franchise - just gimmick. it's the gimmicks that has sustained the franchise so far, and it's the gimmicks that you all love anyway.

you just can't do better than one mo-fo soldier vs one mo-fo pred with the jungle as the battlefield. sequels should not be made at all. they're redundant and cheapen the first movie.

more gore, more weapons, more cool pred moves... exactly. because that's all there is to the pred franchise - just gimmick. it's the gimmicks that has sustained the franchise so far, and it's the gimmicks that you all love anyway.

you just can't do better than one mo-fo soldier vs one mo-fo pred with the jungle as the battlefield. sequels should not be made at all. they're redundant and cheapen the first movie.

I don't think there's necessarily any accuracy to the absolution of that statement. In some cases, I agree. But there are a considerable amount of exceptions to that.

A3 was very good, did u understand the whole concept of the religion perspective and that it wasnt suppose to be a testosterone fuelled shoot up.
It had alot of depth especially if you watch the extra 40 or so minutes on the Quadrilogy version. Eveything imo from the environment to the cast and the actual Alien design to me was very good, not to mention the tie in between the Alien and the religion the prisoners embraced, the Alien was their redemption for their past sins sent by god they believed. Rilpley was temptation because it was an all male colony out in the back end of space where there were none.

Brilliant imo

just because the concept is interesting doesn't mean it's pulled off well. bald ripley, dog alien, prison in the back end of space, those are interesting concept to me as well. but the story as it plays out is just... boring. dog alien comes in, everyone sets aside their differences, man killed one by one. where have i seen that plot before? at least cameron threw us a little curve ball now and then. the plot of alien3 is so generic and perfunctory, you cant help but being bored.

that, and it violates the carnal rule for a sequel - you must respect your predecessor. killing off all the main characters from the previous movie in the first 2 minutes is not being respectful.

I don't think there's necessarily any accuracy to the absolution of that statement. In some cases, I agree. But there are a considerable amount of exceptions to that.

accuracy and absolution? hey, it's just one man's opinion. take it as it is. :)

but look, what is a predator? it's an alien warrior dead set on hunting and fighting the best, right? so it HAS to be a hunting/duel movie, correct? okay so... who's a better opponent to duke it out with than the terminator himself, arnold? and what's a better place to hunt than in the jungle?

all you can do with the sequels is just change the players and the battlefield, and i'm saying the best options have already been taken. any further movies made will just be lesser variations of the first film.

but look, what is a predator? it's an alien warrior dead set on hunting and fighting the best, right? so it HAS to be a hunting/duel movie, correct? okay so... who's a better opponent to duke it out with than the terminator himself, arnold? and what's a better place to hunt than in the jungle?

all you can do with the sequels is just change the players and the battlefield, and i'm saying the best options have already been taken. any further movies made will just be lesser variations of the first film.

And that was the same reason it was put to sleep after part 2. Sequels = money. Sadly.

There are many different ways to spin it to make it interesting. Mind over muscle? Find an actor who would be convincing enough to battle the predator's brawn with intelligence. Then there's the environment. Predator 2 stank from a weak script. With the right story, a city would be perfect. Serial killers hunt in it all the time. Hell, take the humans to the predator planet, and you'd have a damn interesting story. I'd love to see a predator version of The Most Dangerous Game. Again, a good sequel's out there. It just takes the right person to put it together.

A3 was very good, did u understand the whole concept of the religion perspective and that it wasnt suppose to be a testosterone fuelled shoot up.

There's nothing deep or thought provoking about the plot in Alien 3. It's straight forward and easily understood. Alien wasn't a "testosterone fuelled shoot up" movie either. But it's superior. I enjoyed Alien 3 (like I previously mentioned) but it's still a pretty weak movie.

There's nothing deep or thought provoking about the plot in Alien 3. It's straight forward and easily understood. Alien wasn't a "testosterone fuelled shoot up" movie either. But it's superior. I enjoyed Alien 3 (like I previously mentioned) but it's still a pretty weak movie.

Pretty much. Take a group of people in an isolated Sci-Fi environment and toss in an Alien. Then, slowly, methodically, have the Alien nix them one by one. The rest is just filler. :lol You can love the film the way most of us Horror buffs love the Friday the 13 flicks, but it's reaching to call it art. :p :rotfl

There are many different ways to spin it to make it interesting. Mind over muscle? Find an actor who would be convincing enough to battle the predator's brawn with intelligence. Then there's the environment. Predator 2 stank from a weak script. With the right story, a city would be perfect. Serial killers hunt in it all the time. Hell, take the humans to the predator planet, and you'd have a damn interesting story. I'd love to see a predator version of The Most Dangerous Game. Again, a good sequel's out there. It just takes the right person to put it together.

i can see your point, but i beg to differ.

arnold won the battle through ingenuity. that's mind over muscle. arnold's muscles are only there to make the pred look more badass - after all, you only look as tough as the guy you're willing to fight(just ask tyler durden). the city can be a great battle environment, but why let the all those cars and noises and lights distract you from what it essentially is... a primal duel between two badasses. and nothing says primal better than a jungle.

and i know lots of fans are hoping we could see the pred planet, but to me it'll be just another gimmick. sure, the jungle will look different there, we'll see some cityscape and more spaceships, more preds, more weapons... but in the end, those are just eye candy and nothing more.

long overdue just hope they dont balls it up like they did with (avp avp 2) lookin forward to this

i can see your point, but i beg to differ.

arnold won the battle through ingenuity. that's mind over muscle. arnold's muscles are only there to make the pred look more badass - after all, you only look as tough as the guy you're willing to fight(just ask tyler durden). the city can be a great battle environment, but why let the all those cars and noises and lights distract you from what it essentially is... a primal duel between two badasses. and nothing says primal better than a jungle.

and i know lots of fans are hoping we could see the pred planet, but to me it'll be just another gimmick. sure, the jungle will look different there, we'll see some cityscape and more spaceships, more preds, more weapons... but in the end, those are just eye candy and nothing more.

Not really, in the end, Arnold basically became a primitive hunter and arguably the true "predator" of the movie.

As for a sequel, I think it can be done well, but it has got to be done right. As much as I hate to say it, the franchise needs to be stripped of fanboy and corporate involvement and have someone come in who'll treat the series as they would any other property and respectfully try to add a branch to the tree vs. rehashing the same story or giving the fans what they think they want (which is what happened with AVP).

this movie is doom to fail! :lol

I've never thought of it like that. I love that idea.

That always stumped me even as a kid. Who was the predator in the film? :huh :lol The alien was for the first half, but Arnold, caked in mud with a vine bow that shot through trees and the many game traps, became the predator in the end.

That always stumped me even as a kid. Who was the predator in the film? :huh :lol The alien was for the first half, but Arnold, caked in mud with a vine bow that shot through trees and the many game traps, became the predator in the end.

maybe that was the movie that should have been titled " Predators ". :cool:

There's already a release date.....Is there a script??? Is there a cast???
Have they started filming???? WTF???
How can anyone in there right mind expect this to be good???
Good movie's take time.

I want it to be good,i really do..........but im pretty sure it will be as bad as the AVP movies,if not worse (if thats even possible)

Not really, in the end, Arnold basically became a primitive hunter and arguably the true "predator" of the movie.

Hmmm I think I agree with each of you about halfway. Arnold had the brawn to set up the traps, but without the brains he wouldn't have been able to coordinate things in such a clever way. Arnold does end up a sort of 'predator' but only because he is forced to fighting on even ground with the actual predator, using traps, intelligence and stealth to get his enemy.

Arnold never wanted to capture a trophy, he wanted to survive. Although they resort to similar tactics, Dutch's motives are very different from the Predator's.

And in the end, it boiled down to more of a match of wits then muscle. If it were a matter of hand to hand combat with no external factors, the Predator would have crushed Dutch easily and it wouldn't have been very interesting. It was the war of wits that was fun to watch, trying to see them outsmart one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back