Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PREDATORS has an official release date: July 9, 2010

Pre AVP, the Alien franchise falls in the same boat bud. Everything after Aliens wasn't any better. Bald Ripley on a prison colony? Super Ripley? Yeah... :lol

True to various degrees (depending on what fans you ask). At least the first ALIEN movie got a great sequel, something the Predator series can't say.

SWEET!!!!!!
More Predators is never a bad thing!!

Pre AVP, the Alien franchise falls in the same boat bud. Everything after Aliens wasn't any better. Bald Ripley on a prison colony? Super Ripley? Yeah... :lol

Basically.. although Alien3 wasn't all that bad imo but I see what you mean, there's a significant drop off in quality starting with that film.

Who knows, maybe this new movie will be good. Maybe it won't. As long as it's NEW.. and not a rehash/retelling I'll watch it.

At the very least, we'll get a kick-ass Hot Toys line out of this. :lol It's inevitable.

Beg to differ.

A3 is a very good movie, the fact that Aliens fans didn't get more silly bugs to fight even sillier marines does not make A3 bad.
A:R is another story IMO, the story simply ended with A3 and there was absolutely no reason to bring Ripley back. Besides, the script wasn't very good and Jeunnet (who is a fantastic director) just wasn't a good choice for the franchise.
Still, A:R manages to touch on some very human and very interesting subjects, even though it fails as an Alien movie.

Beg to differ.

A3 is a very good movie, the fact that Aliens fans didn't get more silly bugs to fight even sillier marines does not make A3 bad.
A:R is another story IMO, the story simply ended with A3 and there was absolutely no reason to bring Ripley back. Besides, the script wasn't very good and Jeunnet (who is a fantastic director) just wasn't a good choice for the franchise.
Still, A:R manages to touch on some very human and very interesting subjects, even though it fails as an Alien movie.

Alien 3 was a cheap rehash of the original Alien but with the people of a prison colony instead of the freighter and the alien being the offspring of a dog, not a human; wash, rinse, repeat, ad nauseum.

Alien Resurrection was laughable and had some of the worst acting I've ever seen, including that of Sigourney herself. I lost count of the many one-liner groaners. I didn't buy her in her Arnold role from Predator and didn't buy Winona's half-baked android either. The ending wasn't the intense ending you wanted it to be, or that the film built it up to be, it was LOL for christ's sake! :huh

Neither of those films are worth defending IMO. :lol

Last edited:

I think A3 is a defendable film, it was interestingly shot, interesting characters, and a fitting arc for Ripley.

However, I will agree A3 is where the franchise died, but not because of the film, but because of the studio. A3 was meant to be an entirely different film, but the studio interefered a great deal and it wasn't able to be what the creators hoped. Had they not interfered, we might have gotten something much better.

The 2 reasons the Alien franchise sank and then the AVP films, are the studio and ADI. The studio half asses the movies since ALIENS, and ADI has butchered Giger's design.

This Predator film can go two ways. If the studio does what it needs to in order for it to live up to its potential, we can get a good movie, but if it half asses things like with AVP and AVPR, there's just no chance.

Beg to differ.

Yeah instead what they got was silly camera-chase shots ala Evil Dead and an even sillier ending that ripped off Terminator 2 which came out a year earlier.

Terminator 2: T-1000 dies in molten steel after it explodes followed by the Arnie Terminator being destroyed in said molten steel as "the ultimate sacrafice". Fans cry.

Alien 3: Dog-Hybrid Alien dies in molten lead after it explodes followed by Ripley being destroyed in said molten lead as "the ultimate sacrafice". Fans cry.. because it sucked so bad.

I hope it's going to be a PRED 3, so a sequel will be good with some of the preds from the predator 2 ship :D

OMG... I new that news weeks before and im hoping that this film will be better than the AVP films but they are really diffrend from the Predator films. I also liked the idea of a sequel more than a prequel but we will see...

So some websites tell me that it's going to be about a group of commando's that run into a group of predators, that would suck just make a damn sequel with some preds that are from the pred 2 ship, everyone loves those preds right? i don't want a reboot there is no way there is going to be a predator movie better as the 1st

So some websites tell me that it's going to be about a group of commando's that run into a group of predators, that would suck just make a damn sequel with some preds that are from the pred 2 ship, everyone loves those preds right? i don't want a reboot there is no way there is going to be a predator movie better as the 1st

If Winstons team doesn't get invloved I would presonally prefer their chracters to be left out.

I would actually prefer if they move along like P2 never happened and do a pseudo sequel that fits into the franchise but doesn't refer to any of the preexisting films. While the predators looked cool in P2, the main one must've been the "special bus" predator and the rest of them equally incapable/impotent.

Christian bale will probably be in it

That would be epic....

You know, if you guys go in thinking it's going to be crap - you won't even give yourself the chance to potentially like it.

Jesus, hold your horses and have an open mind for ^^^^sake.
me, too. I'm actually stoked! because for 1, there's a chance the movie will be some what decent compared to AVP and AVPR.. 2, we hopefully get to see new designs of Predators, possibly even new weapons,etc.. 3, we get to HOPEFULLY see Predators actually WIN this time around... 4, we can hope it's not PG-13 and see blood and heads being chopped off! haha.. 5, HOT TOYS will make new PREDATORS!! YEAH BOY! Come on, fellas... Lets have some hope here.

Im very excited, hopefully its gonna be half decent.

Been waiting for an all Predator movie for ages man, this could be our proverbial "Predator 3"

Its what we all kinda wanted isnt it?

Yeah instead what they got was silly camera-chase shots ala Evil Dead and an even sillier ending that ripped off Terminator 2 which came out a year earlier.

Terminator 2: T-1000 dies in molten steel after it explodes followed by the Arnie Terminator being destroyed in said molten steel as "the ultimate sacrafice". Fans cry.

Alien 3: Dog-Hybrid Alien dies in molten lead after it explodes followed by Ripley being destroyed in said molten lead as "the ultimate sacrafice". Fans cry.. because it sucked so bad.

A3 was very good, did u understand the whole concept of the religion perspective and that it wasnt suppose to be a testosterone fuelled shoot up.
It had alot of depth especially if you watch the extra 40 or so minutes on the Quadrilogy version. Eveything imo from the environment to the cast and the actual Alien design to me was very good, not to mention the tie in between the Alien and the religion the prisoners embraced, the Alien was their redemption for their past sins sent by god they believed. Rilpley was temptation because it was an all male colony out in the back end of space where there were none.

Brilliant imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back