Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil 5 (movie)

Pshh they still used weapons and even machine guns and they were feral so of course they ran toward the gun without second thought lol

:lol Oh wez...I don't think feral is the word your looking for. Alas...

Sure, Alice had super powers... just like has been around in the games too. And Leon in Re4 is a bigger Ninja than Alice! He makes the power rangers look under flamboyant in some scenes.

I wasn't disagreeing to your post i was probing for different views. I have to do it every now and again when i see things that dont align right.

People often forget how silly some of the power displays in the Resident Evil games can be. Like...a guy who can control a swarm of leeches by singing to them :lol But that's why I love RE so much because it can be so ludicrous at times yet it's so so awesome!

But I'm glad Alice lost her powers in the movies...I never really liked the idea.

I will not agree that Leon is more of a ninja than Alice. That is hyperbole good sir :lecture :lol

From playing Re1,Re 2, Re4, Re5 and CV start to end for the last few months and also watching the movies! DL'ing the osts and buying HT Re figures as well as reading up on the game franchise loads on RE wiki.

That part being the intro to the game saying Umbrella is gone yadda yadda they collapsed so and and so fourth = so don't expect anything umbrella from the game we've moved on!

I am a massive fan of the games. 100x > movies. But im one of thoes people who can enjoy stuff people may be too ____ about aswell. I also dont suffer bull____ movies so im not totally blinded! I just think on this occasion that there is a false accusation going around about the movies not being very RE when general consensus about Re4 (especially when i read the HD thread) is that the 4th game was the best of the lot. And yet it is also the least RE thing to ever hit a television screen. Even more so than Extinction which had Zombies, Umbrella Lab's, Tyrant and the global infection. Sure, Alice had super powers... just like has been around in the games too. And Leon in Re4 is a bigger Ninja than Alice! He makes the power rangers look under flamboyant in some scenes.

I wasn't disagreeing to your post i was probing for different views. I have to do it every now and again when i see things that dont align right.

No man just no. Umbrella was a big part of RE4. Wesker was working to get that sample so that he could create the bio weapons that you see in RE5. No Re4 wasnt the least Re thing. RE wasnt doing so well and they needed to bring it back up to speed by making a fresh new take on the franchise. It was scary it had a creepy atmospere and it was so RE. Yea leon did some crazy ish in the games but that doesnt excuse the complety stupid over the top crap that alice does. Yes the movies do have all the Re goodness we see in the game but what good is that if they wont use it right. nemeis for example. i'm just saying man. i dont really wanna argue about this. i always get caught up in this sorta thing lol.

:lol Oh wez...I don't think feral is the word your looking for. Alas...

People often forget how silly some of the power displays in the Resident Evil games can be. Like...a guy who can control a swarm of leeches by singing to them :lol But that's why I love RE so much because it can be so ludicrous at times yet it's so so awesome!

But I'm glad Alice lost her powers in the movies...I never really liked the idea.

I will not agree that Leon is more of a ninja than Alice. That is hyperbole good sir :lecture :lol

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Both the games and films have their flaws.

No man just no. Umbrella was a big part of RE4. Wesker was working to get that sample so that he could create the bio weapons that you see in RE5. No Re4 wasnt the least Re thing. RE wasnt doing so well and they needed to bring it back up to speed by making a fresh new take on the franchise. It was scary it had a creepy atmospere and it was so RE. Yea leon did some crazy ish in the games but that doesnt excuse the complety stupid over the top crap that alice does. Yes the movies do have all the Re goodness we see in the game but what good is that if they wont use it right. nemeis for example. i'm just saying man. i dont really wanna argue about this. i always get caught up in this sorta thing lol.

I'm not sure what your first point is...but Umbrella does not have a big role in RE4. Wesker does not work for umbrella. All his talk about re-establishing umbrella refers to the controlling power umbrella represents. Wesker desires that power.

Also about the reinvention with RE4, it wasn't about the franchise not doing well. It was a creative direction shinji wanted to take. He felt if they kept using the same formula, the franchise would get stale. Which was reflected in comments made by several fans and critics.

And you spelled Nemesis wrong again :lol (I'm kidding)

^ Very true.

Plus, Ada in RE4 was working for "The 3rd Organization", not Umbrella.

Which we'll find out more in REvelations.

I wished after RE4, they went back to zombies RE5. Hopefully RE6. :pray:

As for the movies bring on RE5 and then RE6!

I'm not sure what your first point is...but Umbrella does not have a big role in RE4. Wesker does not work for umbrella. All his talk about re-establishing umbrella refers to the controlling power umbrella represents. Wesker desires that power.

Also about the reinvention with RE4, it wasn't about the franchise not doing well. It was a creative direction shinji wanted to take. He felt if they kept using the same formula, the franchise would get stale. Which was reflected in comments made by several fans and critics.

And you spelled Nemesis wrong again :lol (I'm kidding)

I thought that the last few games weren't doing well so thats why they kinda rebooted the series. I dont know . I was 15 at the time RE came out. AND SHUT UP.:pfft:

Nearly everything Alice does is something Jill Valentine (especially her after RE5), Leon Kennedy, and Ada Wong could be doing, she simply did it first (in a way).

What was the craziest thing Alice did (not including the telekenetic stuff)? Run down the huge building? Jump off the exploding building with 100 zombies falling off? Bunjee jump inside the building (clones)? Kill 1550000000000 soldiers with swords and guns?

After playing all the RE games where the main characters can be bit countless times and healed with a freakin herb and first aid spray, I have no reason to complain. I mean just look at the hilarious concept.

Imagine getting your neck or body torn into by a dead human/animal, and you can save your life by spraying a can on your torso and face :rotfl.

I'm surprised so many people want slow moving dead people back when its been done so many times. The movie called The Crazies handled the Infected humans quite well. They were insane, yet they didn't moan like idiots down a hallway or act like they can't think. They didn't try to eat every little thing either. Anderson should watch that movie a build off of how they used insane/infected people similar to RE 4 and 5. There's far more creative potential with the infected from Re4 and 5 than the other games (zombies only).

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7w9uWFIMBs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7w9uWFIMBs[/ame]

Last edited:

Nearly everything Alice does is something Jill Valentine (especially her after RE5), Leon Kennedy, and Ada Wong could be doing, she simply did it first (in a way).

What was the craziest thing Alice did (not including the telekenetic stuff)? Run down the huge building? Jump off the exploding building with 100 zombies falling off? Bunjee jump inside the building (clones)? Kill 1550000000000 soldiers with swords and guns?

After playing all the RE games where the main characters can be bit countless times and healed with a freakin herb and first aid spray, I have no reason to complain. I mean just look at the hilarious concept.

Imagine getting your neck or body torn into by a dead human/animal, and you can save your life by spraying a can on your torso and face :rotfl.

I'm surprised so many people want slow moving dead people back when its been done so many times. The movie called The Crazies handled the Infected humans quite well. They were insane, yet they didn't moan like idiots down a hallway or act like they can't think. They didn't try to eat every little thing either. Anderson should watch that movie a build off of how they used insane/infected people similar to RE 4 and 5. There's far more creative potential with the infected from Re4 and 5 than the other games (zombies only).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7w9uWFIMBs

Clearly, you are new to the world of gaming ;)

Clearly, you're new to the world of comebacks :lol

gu_20100326.jpg

Clearly, this is you. :lol

This movie needs more Wesker, with a bit of Wesker, and a hell of alot of Wesker. Don't forget about Wesker too.:lecture

Wow.... anyway... :lol

People need to get over the Alice character. :nana:

:peace

BRING ON RESIDENT EVIL 6 THE MOVIE!!!

Back