Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My problem is, Paul Anderson doesn't even try any more.

Event Horizon is a very creative film, visually. It has a lot of really great set pieces, and some really spooky visuals.

He came up with a half decent idea for AvP too.

And Death Race really wasn't that bad.

But the problem with the latter films, is AvP failed in every other way. It failed to be a Predator movie, it failed to be an Alien movie, it failed to be a movie. And while it isn't quite as godawful as AvP-R was, it just really could've been done so much better.

Death Race was fun, not as fun or cool as the original, but it did something different, and I liked that. But could you watch it and say "Yes, that was a Paul Anderson film"? No.

Dude needs to step up his game. Resident Evil was OK actually. Decent fun flick. For some reason he never came back from that. I want to blame the direction on 2-3, but I found 4 to be almost unwatchable.

That being said, I don't want to write him off, because he really doesn't come across as a bad dude. And I think his hearts in the right place. I just don't understand why he doesn't try harder.

Why not give Alice some real depth? Push her character to a new level. It could be shallow depth. But something other then what she became.

But then again, I haven't seen this one. Maybe he'll surprise us with this. Maybe this one is going to be vastly different.

I don't want to say there's a genius under the surface, but I think he could push himself to do something more.

Well said. It seems he just gets his ideas from whatever pops in his head. Chainsaw motorcycle zombies ? **** why not. Lol we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

I don't but aside from making Chris an native it would have been better than what we gotten. Capcom was probaly afraid to make a great adaption Becuase they would put a dampen on game sales and they would have to merge the game with the movies. It's like they wanted a bad movie franchise or something . Alice instead of Jill ? I don't know.

Who thinks Romero idea for the RE movie would have been closer to the RE video game?
Not at all. I've been going to my friends every day for the last week watching his movies. And all though they are "fun". If he ever made an RE movie it would be far far worse than we are getting. It would just be another excuse for him to go nuts with the gore of the zombie deaths and " shock " deaths for the good guys.

His zombie movies arent fleshed out at all. Theyre basically a Zombie splatter fest. Which i like! But RE isnt about the Zombies. Its about the good guys and Umbrella's dark secrets. Romero's characters seriously lack depth and only 1 in 10 characters are likable. Hes movies have NO story.

If he was obligated by CapCom to stay fairly strict to the original game then i think he would do a good job. But i think being who he is he would want to make his own movie.

He would probably start the movie with 9 STARS members and find survivors in the Mansion. Just as an excuse to kill them all off.

Are you his best friend?

You cannot post on the same page with " my feeling on paul anderson " then try to down talk mine on Romero. I left your's be.

Are you his best friend?

You cannot post on the same page with " my feeling on paul anderson " then try to down talk mine on Romero. I left your's be.

CelticP loves arguing with everyone, He loves it, He lives for it, he finds posts and starts arguments for the sake of arguing, I Would let it go if I was you,the argument might end up going for 5 pages with Celtic :lol:lol

Lol, ive no intention to argue. He can debate all he wants as long as he has his points to put fourth. i dont think hes a bad guy.

But you really only have to sit down and watch a couple of the " the dead " movies to see how, all though they are zombie movies the formula would never work for RE. Not if you wanted RE to be anything other than a mindless Zombie Flick.

And if you watched a hand full of " the dead " movies you know exactly what Romero wants from a Zombie flick and its not what i want from an RE one.

RE movies are more action then horror or survival I wish it was more horror and survival

that's the thing Capcom didn't want that, they didn't want horror, they wanted action,
one of the reasons Romero was not chosen, besides the awful story he wanted to do

Well said about Paul.

Man, you really don't understand Romero, do you....

That's for sure. I love his movies for satire and irony. So when the person doesn't see the point of those inside the shell of "trash and gore" I can only be sad yet again knowing that Romero was right and created some relevant movies :monkey2

That's for sure.
It is possible i " understand " Romero and i just dont like what he does you know. As i said earlier, for the last week ive been watching all his movies and behind the scenes. So im not looking at him with rose tinted glasses and basing my opinions out of memory.

Go and watch Land of the dead. Complete Tripe.

CelticP loves arguing with everyone, He loves it, He lives for it, he finds posts and starts arguments for the sake of arguing, I Would let it go if I was you,the argument might end up going for 5 pages with Celtic :lol:lol

Back in 2009 when avatar came out you might say i was a little obsessed with the movie. celtic on the other hand hated avatar. There was this back and forth banter on how i thought avatar was good and how he hated it. i look back and it was hilarious as hell. I was like nineteen and only liked the movie becuase it reminded me of a girl i was seeing at the time. Me and celtic still argue and he still hates me but its just for old time sake.:lol

that's the thing Capcom didn't want that, they didn't want horror, they wanted action,
one of the reasons Romero was not chosen, besides the awful story he wanted to do

Here's a thought tho. get the dude from the walking dead or 28 days later to direct a RE movie. Walking dead is a great mix of zombies and story. RE with the right story could be a great story driven movie with horror aspects. The loss of racoon city movie with inspiration from RE outbreak,Birkins neglect for his daughter to test his experiments in which case destroys sherrys family and life. A mean powerful nemesis that is almost like a terminator and nothing can stop it. Not even a falling helicopter:slap. hell you can make a code veronica movie on its own. Claire trying to find her brother gets imprisoned on an island infected by zombies. So many stories you can put out there

Just checked the production notes, the movie is 95 minutes long. :/ IMDB either had the wrong runtime, or the early runtime before the final cut of the film.

Jesus. 95 minutes isnt enough time to oggle at Millas ass in spandex

But, of course if its a pre-finale build up thats completely fine.

Back