Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would prefer Jill to be the main character in a future RE reboot. Leon can stay as the poster child for the games. Or he can get his own series/ game like RE4.

It's time Jill got the spotlight. Chris and Leon have had it far too long, far too often.

This :lecture
i was tired of Alice by the second movie,
by now, I kinda wish she got killed, seriously, I would not miss her at all,
these movies became all about her,
the movies should be called Alice:The Resident Evil saga, Alice should be the name since they became all about her, it is almost like Umbrella only exists in the movies to show how powerful Alice is, not because they were developing stuff, but to have Alice someone to fight only,

I kinda wish a reboot of this movies focused only on the game characters, no made up characters at all

This :lecture
i was tired of Alice by the second movie,
by now, I kinda wish she got killed, seriously, I would not miss her at all,
these movies became all about her,
the movies should be called Alice:The Resident Evil saga, Alice should be the name since they became all about her, it is almost like Umbrella only exists in the movies to show how powerful Alice is, not because they were developing stuff, but to have Alice someone to fight only,

I kinda wish a reboot of this movies focused only on the game characters, no made up characters at all

Well then she will have to die in this movie or solve everything. i dont see that happening but one can dream. I can only imagine a big summer relase for RE reboot and it takes place in either racoon or the mansion. i also wanna see lisa trevor.

Like comic book movies about 20 years ago, the gaming generation hasn't really infiltrated Hollywood yet to fight for a great video game adaptation.

Well... For the ones that complain about these movies should start praying cause Jeremy Bolt wants to reboot the films but with teenagers partying in the Arklay Mountains. According to some rumors on imdb.

Plus, Capcom probably will never allow for the live action films pr reboot to have the same story line like the games.

Well then she will have to die in this movie or solve everything. i dont see that happening but one can dream. I can only imagine a big summer relase for RE reboot and it takes place in either racoon or the mansion. i also wanna see lisa trevor.

They should finish everything up by movie number 6, I hope

Like comic book movies about 20 years ago, the gaming generation hasn't really infiltrated Hollywood yet to fight for a great video game adaptation.

very true
Plus, Capcom probably will never allow for the live action films pr reboot to have the same story line like the games.

they dont need to have the same story line, but I wish they dropped the Supeman Alice bit, just give us the game characters, no powers, none of that crap, just action suspense movies with regular people with guns, how hard is that?
besides that is exactly how the first RE movie was, and why it was the best, there was real suspense, you didn't know who would live or die, there was no SuperAlice to the rescue or clones or none of this crap.

I would hope they made RE movies with monsters, Zombies and people with guns,

But it seems like the ones who "dislike" these movies want the finals to follow the game storyline.

Maybe Uwe Boll should make every videogame title into movies.

But it seems like the ones who "dislike" these movies want the finals to follow the game storyline.

Maybe Uwe Boll should make every videogame title into movies.
Oh god, oh god, oh god...

:sick :yuck :thud: :Flush :explode:

I think we just need the game characters in different story arcs that aren't necessarily canon, but could potentially fit in between, or around, certain events. Think Dragonball Z. The movies (NOT that live-action abomination) were done quite well. It was like the movie-verse was an alternate, yet intertwined dimension from the actual series.

If only the fabled Gears of War movie would get back on track. Those games are some of the most cinematic I've ever played. We're talking a science-fiction version of Lord of the Rings, and every bit as impressive as that sounds.

Oh god, oh god, oh god...

:sick :yuck :thud: :Flush :explode:

I think we just need the game characters in different story arcs that aren't necessarily canon, but could potentially fit in between, or around, certain events. Think Dragonball Z. The movies (NOT that live-action abomination) were done quite well. It was like the movie-verse was an alternate, yet intertwined dimension from the actualy series.

exactly, I really don't understand why they had to create alice when RE has many characters to choose from, Why couldn't make Milla Jill or something? I mean, really, why do they have to make up all these people in all the movies,

exactly, I really don't understand why they had to create alice when RE has many characters to choose from, Why couldn't make Milla Jill or something? I mean, really, why do they have to make up all these people in all the movies,

Originally they tried but Capcom denied them from making Milla into Jill for whatever reason.

Agreed, for example, instead of useless character "K-Mart" it could've, no, SHOULD'VE been Sherry. Even Angel in Afterlife looked more like Chris than Chris did :slap

If only the fabled Gears of War movie would get back on track. Those games are some of the most cinematic I've ever played. We're talking a science-fiction version of Lord of the Rings, and every bit as impressive as that sounds.

they really are that good?

they really are that good?

I never woulda figured. But I guess like a fighting game, you gotta dig deeper for the storyline?

You guys haven't played them very much, have you? The violence is certainly over-the-top, but don't let that fool you. The emotional storyline and character development are fantastic. Some incredible cinematics and back-to-back banter between firefights take care of all your story needs.

Spoiler if you haven't played the games, but if you're just looking for a taste of what I mean... the backstory for this video is Dom's been seperated from his wife for the last few years of the war. Every time he thought he came close to being reunited, he discovered she was just taken further away by the enemy. He finally finds her here. This isn't an epic cutscene by any means, it's one of the more emotional ones. Rest assured though, there's plenty of LOTR-scale eye candy in the games that can translate well to the big screen.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAuz7HeiOFE[/ame]

Sorry to get off-topic. :peace

Last edited:
Originally they tried but Capcom denied them from making Milla into Jill for whatever reason.

Agreed, for example, instead of useless character "K-Mart" it could've, no, SHOULD'VE been Sherry. Even Angel in Afterlife looked more like Chris than Chris did :slap

You got a point there. Now the first RE movie was really well done it kept alot of the aspects of RE and felt like a what if scenario in the universe. Like it takes place with a new character. Alice was a great character in the first movie but by the second it all just went crazy. Alot of things are just never explained. What happened to that little girl in apocalypse and jill. Im just glad uwe bowell didnt get to this before paul it would of been like house of the dead. I also think we had another missed opportunity with william birkin and sherry in apocalypse. The father and daughter should of been sherry and Dr birkin with birkin as the main villain and leave nemesis for the third movie. Alot of stuff that could have been. its whateve tho i know hollywood wont just let the RE franchise die. maybe Alice:pray: but not RE.

holy moly, a juggalo makes a post and 5 pages of comments ensue! he needs to post more

I never woulda figured. But I guess like a fighting game, you gotta dig deeper for the storyline?

You guys haven't played them very much, have you? The violence is certainly over-the-top, but don't let that fool you. The emotional storyline and character development are fantastic. Some incredible cinematics and back-to-back banter between firefights take care of all your story needs.

Spoiler if you haven't played the games, but if you're just looking for a taste of what I mean... the backstory for this video is Dom's been seperated from his wife for the last few years of the war. Every time he thought he came close to being reunited, he discovered she was just taken further away by the enemy. He finally finds her here. This isn't an epic cutscene by any means, it's one of the more emotional ones. Rest assured though, there's plenty of LOTR-scale eye candy in the games that can translate well to the big screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAuz7HeiOFE

Sorry to get off-topic. :peace

No, I've Never played them I was asking for real, I wanted to know if you really loved them since I never played, but if they are like Lord of the Rings in quality I would play that,

:panic::panic:

In gears 3 I thought the Immusion was gonna leak into doms wifes grave and make her a boss but then I remembered he shot her in 2

Back